Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 1: Toronto Raptors 112 - Cleveland Cavaliers 113 (CLE 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I've been touting all season, I feel like the crop of young'ns don't fear the playoffs. They weren't around or if they were they were on the end of bench for the choke jobs. Fearless little bastards
    If for whatever reason Raptors lose this series. Masai needs to give serious consideration to Stackhouse as head coach. The young guys are fearless and Stackhouse developed them well.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      Wasn't aware of this. Common thought had been that they've sucked since the deadline. That stat surprises me.

Can someone please elaborate? Is this strictly Lebron? Supporting cast? How have they managed this?
      No they were much better after the deadline (at one point they won 10 of 11), but their offense isn't really news, and that factoid is incorrect anyway.

They were 5th in offense pre all-star and 3rd post all-star.
      http://stats.nba.com/teams/advanced/...02%2F18%2F2018

Their defense is their problem. 28th pre all-star, 21st post all-star. Our defense slipped to 11th from 4th and if we want to win this series we can't let them go guns blazing.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
        If for whatever reason Raptors lose this series. Masai needs to give serious consideration to Stackhouse as head coach. The young guys are fearless and Stackhouse developed them well.
        I can't believe nobody's used this name for the 905 grads

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

OG has got media relations down pat already
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

The two things we really should key on are turnovers and rebounding.

Turnovers cost us games 3 and 4 in Washington. We did a better job in games 5 and 6 but giving the ball away is a good way of losing a game.

We need to hit the boards hard. Raptors struggled against Washington for the most part.. especially when JV was on the bench. Need a full team effort to box out and grab boards. Everyone needs to participate.

Tristan and Love are both sneaky good at getting offensive rebounds. Need to ensure they are off the glass to avoid second chance opportunities. The Cavs love to shoot, and shooting creates a lot of rebounding opportunities. Tristan grabbed 10 boards (5 offensive) against Indiana.. and a lot of his scores were put backs. That can't happen to us.

Comment

Casey sounds like my grandpa talking about computers
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

This

Mamba Mentality

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Casey sounds like my grandpa talking about computers
                  "So when I send an email in WhatsApp..."
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    Even the hater, Screamin' A, wholeheartedly admits that the Raps are the superior team. Pressure is on....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeSgBQ6vegw " data-vcode="xXJd4BUqhRA" data-vprovider="youtube" >
                    ?

He was talkin about Josh Allen and the Bills.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      ?

He was talkin about Josh Allen and the Bills.
                      Here's the proper clip:

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Oh no... Tristan. On to the next one? You should know better...

Will she be in Toronto to keep an eye 👁 on TT?

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Keys to the series:

1. DeRozan & Lowry stick to the new culture and avoid the temptation to go toe-to-toe with LBJ - Raptors suck when they go into hero mode

2. Casey dictates the matchups and uses JV to punish the Cavs when they go small, rather than forcing JV to ride the pine, which plays right into Cleveland's hands

3. Don't let the Cavs not named LeBron get hot - I don't care how many points LBJ puts up, since Cleveland will only go as far as their supporting cast takes them (ie: cover the damn perimeter and secure defensive rebounds - see point #2)
                          CRF great 👍 points. For me point number 3 is key. If LBJ can score 40+every game BUT we take away JRS KK et al 3’s I think we can outlast them in a 7 game series.

For posters that think 🤔 this series Raptors will dominate I’m not there. Raptors NEVER do things the easy way. I expect 7 game series and a back and forth slugfest. We are the best equipped to advance as we have we have ever been. Just like in the movie Major League where Tom Berenger tells Charlie Sheen “this is the out you’ve been waiting your whole life for”. This series is the series our Raptors’s franchise have been waiting since their inception for.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Here's the proper clip:

Thanks
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Don't second help on Lebron, stick to your man and be physical with him.

We got revenge on the Wizards and now Lebrons You'r Next!!

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                CRF great 👍 points. For me point number 3 is key. If LBJ can score 40+every game BUT we take away JRS KK et al 3’s I think we can outlast them in a 7 game series.

For posters that think 🤔 this series Raptors will dominate I’m not there. Raptors NEVER do things the easy way. I expect 7 game series and a back and forth slugfest. We are the best equipped to advance as we have we have ever been. Just like in the movie Major League where Tom Berenger tells Charlie Sheen “this is the out you’ve been waiting your whole life for”. This series is the series our Raptors’s franchise have been waiting since their inception for.
                                Yea I don't know where all this confidence is coming from. We're a help heavy team and LeBron destroyes teams that help too much. It's a disaster matchup.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X