Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 1: Toronto Raptors 112 - Cleveland Cavaliers 113 (CLE 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Yea I don't know where all this confidence is coming from. We're a help heavy team and LeBron destroyes teams that help too much. It's a disaster matchup.
    So we're the Wiz.

Edit: Not to mention Indiana Pacers almost pulled the upset.

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
      I wish I could photoshop the Pacers logo on the first basketball and then the Raptors logo on the second. That’s how I think this series will go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Somebody read your idea here and put it on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/torontorapt...reddit-android
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Like I've said a million times it's past game plans at this point for the Raptors. At the end of the day it's are they mentally strong enough to go head to head with the greats of the league. Fred said it best in his interview, the best way to respect Lebron is not give him respect and fight tooth and nail with the guy. Bring the god damn lunch pails and a couple thousand dollars because there better be flagrant fouls flying around whenever this 280 pound baby drives to the paint.

If we don't win, this summer I expect a Norman Powell for Lance Stephenson swap.

Comment

Lance Stephenson wasn't able to slow down LeBron, so why would you want him for Norm?

Comment

Deems wrote: View Post
            Like I've said a million times it's past game plans at this point for the Raptors. At the end of the day it's are they mentally strong enough to go head to head with the greats of the league. Fred said it best in his interview, the best way to respect Lebron is not give him respect and fight tooth and nail with the guy. Bring the god damn lunch pails and a couple thousand dollars because there better be flagrant fouls flying around whenever this 280 pound baby drives to the paint.

If we don't win, this summer I expect a Norman Powell for Lance Stephenson swap.
            Lance can’t slow down Lebron, hes just like that little fly that annoys you, and keeps coming back whenever you swat it away.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
              Lance can’t slow down Lebron, hes just like that little fly that annoys you, and keeps coming back whenever you swat it away.
              That's exactly what we need. No one can slow down Lebron but I respect Lance for not putting Lebron up on a pedestal.

Comment

Right now, the question for this team is not : how to defeat the Cavs ? no, it is : Are we gonna allow them to defeat us ?
                To a great deal of extent, The Cavs have many holes in their game, roster, coaching and game plan.
                I am pretty sure that Casey will go small most of the time, but using guys like JV, JP and Siakam might be a key element to win, how is that ?

Now, it is well known that Raps will do their best to play as fast as they can, but Cavs have no one to match against JV and Ibaka and even JP. So, Casey has the luxury to play a half court game and fast tempo one. In my opinion, half court game will put Cavs in foul trouble, and their bench is so weak, but it will allow James to take his breath. So, Casey must have a plan to mix those two styles and get the best of them.

Will Norman Powell do a good job against LJ ?
                I have a feeling he will.

Comment

Norm Powell should be averaging around 1-2 minutes a game, with several DNP-CD's. He's not going to be a factor.

Comment

Deems wrote: View Post
                    That's exactly what we need. No one can slow down Lebron but I respect Lance for not putting Lebron up on a pedestal.
                    Sure, but Lance can’t make a difference, no reason to trade for him. Hes not someone who can contain Lebron, or make it tough for him, he is just a nuisance.

Comment

• I'm so excited and it's not even Tuesday yet.

No disrespect to any team, but the wiz series felt like pre playoffs and now this is playoff playoffs.

And leafs are out, I want a loud and proud ACC well before tip off!

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        Keys to the series:

1. DeRozan & Lowry stick to the new culture and avoid the temptation to go toe-to-toe with LBJ - Raptors suck when they go into hero mode

2. Casey dictates the matchups and uses JV to punish the Cavs when they go small, rather than forcing JV to ride the pine, which plays right into Cleveland's hands

3. Don't let the Cavs not named LeBron get hot - I don't care how many points LBJ puts up, since Cleveland will only go as far as their supporting cast takes them (ie: cover the damn perimeter and secure defensive rebounds - see point #2)
                        1.1) Sub-bullet to (1) is that when Kyle & DeMar try to go mano-a-mano with true superstars, they stop playing defense and that never ends well. Lowry/DD have to understand that we are a rich man's Grit 'n Grind team, not a pretty boy team that can get by on their offensive talent. They have to play defense.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Somebody read your idea here and put it on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/torontorapt...reddit-android
                          Huh. It was funnier in my head, but thanks to the random Reddit user for taking some initiative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• This is fun to read. I read it twice.

But he couldn’t hold up his promise to play all 48 minutes.

With about a minute left in the third quarter, James left for the locker room with cramps. He would return to the court area after about a minute had gone by in the fourth quarter but didn’t directly check into the game, instead sitting on the bench and eating orange slices.

When he did get back on the floor, with 8:25 to play, he appeared gassed. He shot just 2-for-4 from the field the rest of the way while committing three fouls and three turnovers with no assists.

It is stunning to see LeBron James tired. We’ve seen LeBron lose basketball games before—there have been times when it has seemed like he is not good enough, or times when his team was simply outmatched. But LeBron has never lost to his own body before. He has never been significantly injured; his combination of size, speed, and strength makes him one of the most remarkable athletes in the history of any sport. There was the one time he cramped up in Game 1 of the Finals, but that seemed to have more to do with a faulty air conditioning system in the San Antonio summer than LeBron’s inability to keep going.

After the game, James admitted that he was “burnt” and wanted to go home:

He won’t really be able to. The Cavaliers play Game 1 of their series against the Raptors in two days, in Canada.
                            https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/4...-game-7-pacers

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              This is fun to read. I read it twice.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/4...-game-7-pacers
                              He's mortal. Now is the time to strike
                              OG is our king

Comment

• I only have 2 concerns:

1. How quickly will the likes of JV, OG, Pascal and Poeltl rack up fouls?..cause you know the refs gonna blow the whistle on these guys every chance they get.

2. How hot will LBJ's role players gonna be?...cause they usually seem to shoot well against us.

I think if the refs are fair with our big guys and let us play some physical D inside, and the likes of Love, Hill, Hood and Clarkson aren't shooting lights out from 3, then we should take this series...in 5.

But I'm predicting Raps in 7 cause shit never goes how you hope!

Comment

Working...
                                X