Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 4: Toronto Raptors 93 - Cleveland Cavaliers 128 (CLE WINS 4-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    I'm fully on board with the 'kick Casey upstairs' train. Can't punish a guy for all the good he's done for the franchise. It was a really weird situation with Casey.... being great at getting a team through the regular season grind, but cratering under the pressure and adjustments required in the playoffs.
    Unexpected Bench play saved him from being fireed mid-season. He didn't have as good a season as 59 wins would suggest. Terrible substitutions, can';t think on his feet, terrible time out plays. Fire him, kick him upstairs whatever; NEW VOICE NEEDED

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Look, it's not all his fault. His players let him down, too. But this cannot stand. That was embarrassing. They need someone with gravitas and a pedigree to step in. You've got one or two years left before a rebuild. Now is the time.
      Trying to get someone with "gravitas" and "a pedigree" is how you get out of date coaches. Like that's how Minnesota ended up with Thibs and Sam Mitchell and neither were great hires.
      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        hey if Raptors clown me I can clown them. All fair game
        Fair enough. But go with Houston or even GS.....

Comment

• There's some kind of warm melancholy feeling. A Cobain lyric. "I miss the comfort of being sad." Missed this pretty much all season. It's sad now. So disappointing. Oh well. Regular season and end of the Washington series were a lot of fun.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Why?

People need to start appreciating LeBron James more. This guy will go down as the 2nd greatest player of all time - he's probably there already.

We'll never see another player like him.
            All the more reason to cheer against him, he's the enemy man, not to be revered

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Unexpected Bench play saved him from being fireed mid-season. He didn't have as good a season as 59 wins would suggest. Terrible substitutions, can';t think on his feet, terrible time out plays. Fire him, kick him upstairs whatever; NEW VOICE NEEDED
              This is what I mean - no credit given to Casey for stuff he does well. Toronto has a steller bench every year no matter who's on it, and that's not in spite of the head coach no matter what you guys believe.

Comment

Look, it's not all his fault. His players let him down, too. But this cannot stand. That was embarrassing. They need someone with gravitas and a pedigree to step in. You've got one or two years left before a rebuild. Now is the time.
                Casey let the team down as much as they let him down. One or two smart decisions and we're looking at a best of 3 with homecourt. As a player, you see the weird substitutions, waiting too long to call timeouts, not taking techs early in the game to work the refs, or dumb ATO plays and you have feel disheartened and lose confidence in your leader.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                  Trying to get someone with "gravitas" and "a pedigree" is how you get out of date coaches. Like that's how Minnesota ended up with Thibs and Sam Mitchell and neither were great hires.
                  I am not thinking about retreads and has-beens. I'm thinking about let's go spend $40 million, picks and players and pry away a championship coach.

Comment

Why?

People need to start appreciating LeBron James more. This guy will go down as the 2nd greatest player of all time - he's probably there already.

you sound like Derozan and Lowry!!
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Free JV. If Casey stays he needs for his own sake to stop being such a great team guy and demand a trade. But they have to fire Casey....don't they? I think upper, upper management will tell Ujiri he needs to do it. Listening to Matt and Jack over the last stretch was painful. They were being uber-company men; saying that Lebron was just too great to beat. That makes me want to see Boston beat him; and I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Boston is playing like I wish we did. But we have a bunch of players who just won't get in the opponent's face and play every possession like it really matters. The coach or the personnel?

Comment

• Since95 wrote: View Post
                        Why not?

Also, just because I'm pulling for the Celtics doesn't mean I don't appreciate LeBron James. What I do believe, however, is that he has transcended the game to a point that makes it difficult to cheer for him.

The Celtics are underdogs, well coached and play with heart. What is not to cheer for now that my team is gone?
                        To be honest, this might sound petty but, I usually in these situations am gonna cheer for Lebron to beat the Celtics, since I'd feel pathetic if we lose to the Cavs and then they lost to the Celtics. Jesus christ.

Comment

Why?

Fair statement.

He just basically fathered the Raptors for all these embarrassing years.

Paul Pierce was the retired uncle of Derozan.

Comment

This is what I mean - no credit given to Casey for stuff he does well. Toronto has a steller bench every year no matter who's on it, and that's not in spite of the head coach no matter what you guys believe.
                            I agree, for the most part, but his decisions tonight were mind boggling.

Comment

"Stellar bench every year" WHAT?

Comment

I am not thinking about retreads and has-beens. I'm thinking about let's go spend $40 million, picks and players and pry away a championship coach.
                                Well look, if we can pry Rick Carlisle from Dallas or Eric Spoelstra from Miami I'd be all for that too but I wouldn't spend that much on it. When it comes down to it this team isn't a championship talent yet so getting a championship coach isn't going to move the needle enough.

Like I don't think an All Star coach could have won this series, there's too many matchup problems and the talent gap between their best player and our best player is too wide.

Comment

Working...
                                X