Everything Training Camp 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I wasnt complaining. I was just showing that hating on Butler for his situation is stupid when all were doing is praising Kawhi. Keep that same energy.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    But people only brought up the Jimmy situation because you (IIRC, it may have been TRex) stipulated that Lowry's off-court behaviour was what would indicate he needed to be flipped for Butler. It's a circle of no one caring about that stuff, except for with Lowry for some insane reason.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
      I have ZERO trust in Playoff Kyle.

He is known as a perennial playoff choker. One of the worst playoff performers in history. Raptors fans should know this by now. Why is this year going to be different?

Kawhi is going to need a lot of help specially come playoff time. I trust Butler a whole lot more than Kyle. Not to mention Butler is a MUCH better player than Kyle.
      Previous years, yes, he's been absolutely inconsistent, but Lowry was solid last year in the playoffs. The narrative of choking in the postseason fell more on DeMar's shoulders last season.

I think Kyle, rather than sharing the 1A/1B role with DeRozan, is now clearly pinned as the number 2 guy, which I think will benefit him more. He can play off of Kawhi, exert less energy offensively, and will have a ton of great looks as opposed to playing off of DeRozan.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

He is known as a perennial playoff choker. One of the worst playoff performers in history. Raptors fans should know this by now. Why is this year going to be different?

Kawhi is going to need a lot of help specially come playoff time. I trust Butler a whole lot more than Kyle. Not to mention Butler is a MUCH better player than Kyle.
        People act like we dont have more than serviceable players behind Lowry. Fred and Delon our good players. Can do more than hold their own. Especially playing next to Butler/Kawhi.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

1. Hes not a MUCH better player than Kyle

2. Derozan was a far worse choker

3. Lowry will have way less pressure now. He can let Kawhi do his thing, let jv do his thing, and basically just shoot 3s where he is elite.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
            Previous years, yes, he's been absolutely inconsistent, but Lowry was solid last year in the playoffs. The narrative of choking in the postseason fell more on DeMar's shoulders last season.

I think Kyle, rather than sharing the 1A/1B role with DeRozan, is now clearly pinned as the number 2 guy, which I think will benefit him more. He can play off of Kawhi, exert less energy offensively, and will have a ton of great looks as opposed to playing off of DeRozan.
            I also think Kyle will thrive a bit more as a playmaker this year. He'll be put in a position to a) have the ball more and b) not have to score himself as often. That combination (along with every player on the floor being a threat to score from anywhere) should lead to Lowry being able to leverage his playmaking to a far greater degree than in the past.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              But people only brought up the Jimmy situation because you (IIRC, it may have been TRex) stipulated that Lowry's off-court behaviour was what would indicate he needed to be flipped for Butler. It's a circle of no one caring about that stuff, except for with Lowry for some insane reason.
              I said if this attitude continues throughout preseason than trade him. Only for Butler though.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Why was last year different? It was, in case you missed it. And it's because it's the first time he's had his minutes managed properly and hit the playoffs healthy since 2013-14.
                He was great last year? hmm. He was great against Wash. But he was back to his old self against Cleveland. So we're talkin ONE good series lol.

People here have such short memory. Lowry was invisible in games 1 and 2 vs the Cavs. He was great in the 4th quarter of game 3. He only scored 2 points in game 4. Let's not forget that.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

People act like we dont have more than serviceable players behind Lowry. Fred and Delon our good players. Can do more than hold their own. Especially playing next to Butler/Kawhi.

To be fair, we have little evidence that either of those PGs can hold their own as starters over a full season. We have one awesome season off the bench for FVV, and essentially one very good season as a SG off the bench for Wright.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

100%

Wright and VV are more than capable.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

I said if this attitude continues throughout preseason than trade him. Only for Butler though.

He's talking to the media today so you can relax
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

What attitude are you even talking about?

He doesn't like the media, but seems otherwise excited and happy to get the season started

Wtf is going on here?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

He was great last year? hmm. He was great against Wash. But he was back to his old self against Cleveland. So we're talkin ONE good series lol.

People here have such short memory. Lowry was invisible in games 1 and 2 vs the Cavs. He was great in the 4th quarter of game 3. He only scored 2 points in game 4. Let's not forget that.
                          Against Cleveland? You mean when he shot 46% from 3 on 6 attempts a game? Averaged 18 points on 57% from the floor and 9 assists? Invisible? Perhaps you simply weren't looking.

His on-court stats were as scuttled as anyone's by the black hole of awful, horrendous, terrible basketball that was DeMar in that series, but he managed to post a +40 (!) net rating while DeMar sat.

Yes, he also dominated the Wizards. But he hardly no-showed against the Cavs. That was DeMar.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

100%

Wright and VV are more than capable.
                            Rex and christian is like the joker teaming up with Lex Luthor

Villains are stronger together
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I think i mentioned it here already, the Wolves were 4th in the West last year and then Jimmy got hurt and they slipped all the way to 8th. If they lost to Denver in the final game of the season they would've missed the playoffs entirely.

Jimmy is that good of a player.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

So Lowry's attitude is reason enough to trade him, but talking about Butler's attitude is off-limits?
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X