Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #6 Dallas Mavericks 107 (2-3) - Toronto Raptors 116 (6-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    Lol I hope The Wiz panic, blow it up and trade is Beal...
    Internal sniping has already begun. Quote from Wall after last nights loss to the Kings.

“We’ve got guys that’s worried about who’s getting shots. …You should never worry about that,” he said. “No matter if you’re missing or making shots, you gotta be able to compete on the other end. You can’t do it on both ends of the floor, you don’t need to be playing.”

And as for the surprisingly not shitty Kings,under-the-radar signing Bjelica's been great for them so far. Oh and Skal, who along with Deyonta, was the darling of many here, a guy we wanted Masai to draft at 9 and especially at 27, has played 2 minutes total in their 3 wins. I guess still better than Deyonta, who's already out of the league.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Internal sniping has already begun. Quote from Wall after last nights loss to the Kings.

“We’ve got guys that’s worried about who’s getting shots. …You should never worry about that,” he said. “No matter if you’re missing or making shots, you gotta be able to compete on the other end. You can’t do it on both ends of the floor, you don’t need to be playing.”

And as for the surprisingly not shitty Kings,under-the-radar signing Bjelica's been great for them so far. Oh and Skal, who along with Deyonta, was the darling of many hereo, a guy we wanted Masai to draft at 9 and especially at 27, has played 2 minutes total in their 3 wins. I guess still better than Deyonta, who's already out of the league.
      Team turmoil...
      1up and 4down and Dwight Howard hasn't yet injected his special brand of charm into the mix
      The Wiz could come home 1 and 6 ... bring popcorn .. get a good seat.. this is a show that is just warming up.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

And as for the surprisingly not shitty Kings,under-the-radar signing Bjelica's been great for them so far. Oh and Skal, who along with Deyonta, was the darling of many here, a guy we wanted Masai to draft at 9 and especially at 27, has played 2 minutes total in their 3 wins. I guess still better than Deyonta, who's already out of the league.
        I agree I would take Paskal over Skal now. But let's be real, you can't put Toronto's player development and the Kings in the same breath.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
          Washington loses to Sacramento, they're now 1-4
          Win/Win! Low key cheering for the Kings this year (C**tics get their draft pick)

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Where are you Demographic Shift?! What did I tell?!
            You called ?
            - TGO

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
              I agree I would take Paskal over Skal now. But let's be real, you can't put Toronto's player development and the Kings in the same breath.
              Point noted, and maybe the same with the Grizz and Deyonta. but about half the league passed on those guys from where they were projected to be drafted. There certainly seems to have been something beyond physical skills and upside seen by those teams that outside observers couldn't.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                You called ?
                Yes when the score was tied late in the 3rd.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Yes when the score was tied late in the 3rd.
                  Did they win ?
                  - TGO

Comment

• Dallas actually did a pretty good job against Kawhi, mostly from a ball denial standpoint. Kawhi didn’t force his game until he needed to, and half those times he got beaten up going inside. He almost needs to learn to embellish like Harden and DeRozan. I’m surprised with how little he is making it to the line.

Serg looks so much better starting... not because he is better than JV, but he seems more engaged when he is with the starters... that’s on him. There is virtually no difference between bench JV and starting JV. Serg. Has to get it out of his head that he is not a creator or a playmaker. Stop dribbling and make the easy quick swing. 5 TO’s is not acceptable from a guy for his usage.

Comment

Team turmoil...
                      1up and 4down and Dwight Howard hasn't yet injected his special brand of charm into the mix
                      The Wiz could come home 1 and 6 ... bring popcorn .. get a good seat.. this is a show that is just warming up.
                      I don't wish any special turmoil on small market teams like the Pacers or Detroit or Washington or New Orleans, Utah, or Minnesota. That just leads to more superstars looking to head to the Lakers, Celtics etc. I WANT good players on most every team

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        Dallas actually did a pretty good job against Kawhi, mostly from a ball denial standpoint. Kawhi didn’t force his game until he needed to, and half those times he got beaten up going inside. He almost needs to learn to embellish like Harden and DeRozan. I’m surprised with how little he is making it to the line.

Serg looks so much better starting... not because he is better than JV, but he seems more engaged when he is with the starters... that’s on him. There is virtually no difference between bench JV and starting JV. Serg. Has to get it out of his head that he is not a creator or a playmaker. Stop dribbling and make the easy quick swing. 5 TO’s is not acceptable from a guy for his usage.
                        5 out of 12 team total TO!

Comment

• So it looks like Nurse has a preferred pecking order despite match ups. Jordan had 34 minutes, yet JV only had 22 (Serge had 26). JV played great. Super efficient and had a good defensive game against Jordan. Serge not as much.

Serge did have to play with Brown a lot though. But the point is that it seems like despite match ups.. Serge will most likely get the Center spot more than JV will. I guess it's something we just have to get used to.

Comment

• They dont use a stop watch. JV and Serge pretty much share time, JV had foul trouble.

No need to read into things as "personal" they aren't.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              So it looks like Nurse has a preferred pecking order despite match ups. Jordan had 34 minutes, yet JV only had 22 (Serge had 26). JV played great. Super efficient and had a good defensive game against Jordan. Serge not as much.

Serge did have to play with Brown a lot though. But the point is that it seems like despite match ups.. Serge will most likely get the Center spot more than JV will. I guess it's something we just have to get used to.
                              In terms of the big picture - like, Conf finals against Boston/Mil, finals against GSW or whoever - JV won't be on the floor when it matters. So I get why you'd already be leaning on Serge, to let those lineups get as many reps as possible.

(That said, JV was in some foul trouble last night, so the minute distribution was a little skewed.)
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Did they win ?
                                My concerns were still valid.

Comment

Working...
                                X