Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #6 Dallas Mavericks 107 (2-3) - Toronto Raptors 116 (6-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucks game thread? That's gonna be a heck of a game.

Comment

• They could be showcasing Serg. For potential trades... he’s proving to have more value this season. It would be good to get off his contract and use Monroe as the back up.

This is just speculation and we would need a more mobile 5

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
        Bucks game thread? That's gonna be a heck of a game.
        I hope it's not a letdown, it has the makings of an excellent and potential playoff matchup.
        Two of my favourite players; Kawhi vs Giannis

Comment

• Some good quotes from John Wall and Bradley Beal:

“We got to get out of our comfort zone, that’s all it is,” Beal said, standing at the middle of a media scrum.

Beal uttered every syllable in a low voice, but his message resounded as though it was screamed through a megaphone.

“It’s talking. After the game, you hear it be loud as [expletive] in here, but during the game, it’s church mice.

"So we got to figure out — get out [of] that comfort zone. Sometimes we have our own agendas on the floor whether it’s complaining about shots, complaining about playing time, complaining about whatever it may be. We’re worried about the wrong [expletive], and that’s not where our focus needs to be and it’s just going to continue to hurt us.”
          When asked for his opinion on Beal’s remarks on “agendas,” Wall sounded off.

“That’s the proof in the pudding. Everybody on their own agenda,” Wall said. “We showed glimpses when we do stuff as a team. We show how good we can be and then we go back to trying to do it individually, and that’s mostly on the defensive end. Not helping each other out, not team rebounding, and that’s what’s killing us.

Wall wasn’t done.

“It’s just communication. Just putting effort. We got guys who’s worried about who’s getting shots, where the ball is going on the offensive end. We should never worry about that,” Wall said. “No matter if we’re missing or making shots, we got to be able to compete on the other end and if you can’t do it on both ends of the floor, you don’t need to be playing.”
          “It’s the simple things we talk about all the time,” Wall said. “We know some guys are going to score. That’s the NBA. Guys are talented, but you have to have some type of pride.”

Those conversations don’t appear to have the desired effect.

“It’s like, when are you going to put it all together?” Wall said. “We talk about it almost every game so far.”
          “We suck right now,” Beal said. “That’s all it is, and we’re not doing anything we’re supposed to do on the floor. On offense or defense. So, until we do that we’re going to continue to lose, unfortunately.”
          https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.30a48bc9a79e
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
            Some good quotes from John Wall and Bradley Beal:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.30a48bc9a79e
            Wizards are an arrogant team. I've heard more than once on Sirius NBA radio (and online in general) professional commentators calling them out on that: They brag a lot (particularly Wall, Morris and Oubre), but when it comes down to show it, their on-court product doesn't come close to matching their bravado, and therefore they look very silly.

At some some point you gotta become humble, put your nose to the grind, shut up, and play. Their own coach said that already. Then, and only then, you can afford to brag a little, but even then it's kinda questionable. You don't see GSW, Houston or even Cleveland in years past blabbing off-court that they're better than anyone. Matter of fact, if you see interviews with Steph, Lebron, Harden etc in the post-season, they typically have nothing but respect for their opponents. They'll just show you on the court.

These Wizard guys on the other hand sometimes look like a bunch of immature/insecure teenagers pumping their chest without anything to show for. That hurts them as a team, on and off the court. Looks like they're slowly starting to realize that, but until they truly understand the difference between confidence and arrogance, they'll get nowhere but down.
            Last edited by inthepaint; Sat Oct 27, 2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

At some some point you gotta become humble, put your nose to the grind, shut up, and play. Their own coach said that already. Then, and only then, you can afford to brag a little, but even then it's kinda questionable. You don't see GSW, Houston or even Cleveland in years past blabbing off-court that their better than anyone. Matter of fact, if you see interviews with Steph, Lebron, Harden etc in the post-season, they typically have nothing but respect for their opponents. They'll just show you on the court.

I have no idea what league you are watching if you think LeBron is humble and respectful. The guy was the epitome of poor sportsmanship and arrogance for like a full decade. Harden is arrogant, CP3 is arrogant, KD and Draymond are arrogant. Arrogance is only a problem if you don't have the team culture to put it to good use.

The problem with the Wizards is equal parts bad coaching, bad front office, and lack of talent. They've squandered how many picks and gave Otto Porter the max. Morris and Dwight are nitwits and according to the Wizards forums Porter is one of the guys complaining about shots. They have five guys in their contract years, so again you can't really blame that on Wall. I think he and Beal are right to call those guys out tbh.

Comment

• Washington is in no mans land.

Got contracts they are stuck with (Wall, Porter) and Beal is their best player and only guy with value.

Comment

Bucks game thread? That's gonna be a heck of a game.
                  Ill make it tmrw morning.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    I have no idea what league you are watching if you think LeBron is humble and respectful. The guy was the epitome of poor sportsmanship and arrogance for like a full decade. Harden is arrogant, CP3 is arrogant, KD and Draymond are arrogant. Arrogance is only a problem if you don't have the team culture to put it to good use.

The problem with the Wizards is equal parts bad coaching, bad front office, and lack of talent. They've squandered how many picks and gave Otto Porter the max. Morris and Dwight are nitwits and according to the Wizards forums Porter is one of the guys complaining about shots. They have five guys in their contract years, so again you can't really blame that on Wall. I think he and Beal are right to call those guys out tbh.
                    Agree CP3, KD and Draymond talk more then they should, but at least their game back them up. Lebron had boastful antics before (especially earlier in his career), but in spite the fact that he owned the Raptors many times, I've heard him more than once describe the Raps as a dangerous team (particularly on the post season right after we got Tucker and Ibaka, when Derozan was hovering around top 5 scorer in the league, and when we had the ECF tied at 2-2). That of course didn't go on very long after he swept the team twice, but at that point, the Raptors fans themselves were probably bashing the team more than LeBron himself (and rightfully so). Before trading Isaiah Thomas away when Cleveland was struggling mightly, he wasn't going around thumping his chest either. In spite being the best player in the world, he sounded pretty quiet at that time, and took it upon himself to make changes. For being the player he is, Lebron can actually afford to brag though (so he's probably not the best example to illustrate what I'm trying to say). These days though, Markieff Morris is probably more of a talker then Lebron, and yet the difference in talent is astronomical.

All the problems with the Wizards you described are correct. Talking too much without the results to back them up is just one of them.

Comment

• Luckrechauns up 18 at the half over the Pistons. Griffin is 1 for 9 shooting.

Jazz up 15 at half over the Davis-less Pelicans

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                        Luckrechauns up 18 at the half over the Pistons. Griffin is 1 for 9 shooting.

Jazz up 15 at half over the Davis-less Pelicans
                        Celtics up on the Caseys by 20 with 6 minutes left in the 3Q. It's only the Pistons but the Celtics are going to be dangerous sooner than later

Comment

• Watching the Bucks play and they certainly don't look as smooth as the Kwahi-led Raptors.

buh das none of my business

I don't care how much they are winning by.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                            Watching the Bucks play and they certainly don't look as smooth as the Kwahi-led Raptors.

buh das none of my business

I don't care how much they are winning by.
                            They're spanking Orlando handily in the 3Q (as they should)
                            And Boston beat the Casey's by 20
                            Pels lost to Utah by 20+
                            Next up is the battle by unbeaten teams for the Raptors next
                            The East will end up being a dogfight, no one is walking away with it
                            Last edited by G__Deane; Sun Oct 28, 2018, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• With Detroit and New Orleans losing, and the Bucks taking care of business against Orlando, Monday's game should be between the last two undefeated teams in the league
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Ok I gotta stop stalking Derozan, but I gotta say this just today: He just took the Spurs to beat Lebron again tonight and was 30/12/8. He lead the Spurs in points, rebounds and assists.

I'm more than excited about the Raptors now, but I gotta say I wish him all the best under coach poppovich.

Comment

Working...
                                X