Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #15 Toronto Raptors 104 (12-3) - Detroit Pistons 106 (7-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    That would be JV but the bench would suffer with Serge.
    It would not. The bench would be far better with Serge, IMO.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• wonder if Cavs would make Tristan Thompson available
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Is this the deadline that maybe JV could be traded? Will there be teams wanting his skillset?

Someone mentioned about last season’s bench success due to Poeltl’s presence. Maybe this team needs a secondary Center off the bench that is with a high motor like a Harrell or like a Plumlee of the Nuggets (so many Plumleee )

Is JV too slow for the other bench players (FVV, Wright, Miles and OG) ?

If defending Pace is an issue, then that is something to think about.

Though in the playoffs, it will significantly slow down

Comment

• FWIW re Kawhi isolations, Spurs, GS, Houston have been running a lot of iso again the last year or two.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            wonder if Cavs would make Tristan Thompson available

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              bring him home

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                bring him home
                ... to play on the Raptors though?

Comment

• One thing about Tristan is that he's always had Horford's number in the playoffs. But that's the only positive I can come up with. The passport thing never really mattered to me. Masai would love that though. He loves bringing in Canadian players.

Comment

• Melo as CJ Miles replacement? lmao

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      FWIW re Kawhi isolations, Spurs, GS, Houston have been running a lot of iso again the last year or two.
                      Isos are effective if you have a top player. Then you're basically relying on him to beat the other guy (1 v 1) and make the right judgement when a help defender comes. Derozan couldn't do the latter which separates him from the other superstars. I think we'll see more isos coming back as not every player in the league has the ability to make the right reads when passing. Isolation plays basically allow for less errors if you don't have the personnel.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Uh he did start it by benching JV for like every fourth quarter and playing Serge at C. This whole forum was outraged by it (including me).

It went on for like two years and DanH and others argued extensively this summer that JV should still be starting next to Serge. Nurse was considered much smarter than Casey and would give much more playing time to JV than Casey did.

Instead Nurse is continuing a trend that Casey started. I'll fully admit that I was wrong about Casey's decision back then but he was right, and he doesn't come off as trying to brag about it in the actual quote.
                        Casey is making it seem so simple. But thats what he was - a simpleton who could never see the big picture. I'll give you an analogy:

If I had the same materials, tools and direction as Picasso, I still couldn't produce a piece of art anywhere near his. Casey may have used a similar lineup, but he never made it work. Nurse has done a better job in 14 games than Casey has done in his entire tenure.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Uh he did start it by benching JV for like every fourth quarter and playing Serge at C. This whole forum was outraged by it (including me).

It went on for like two years and DanH and others argued extensively this summer that JV should still be starting next to Serge. Nurse was considered much smarter than Casey and would give much more playing time to JV than Casey did.

Instead Nurse is continuing a trend that Casey started. I'll fully admit that I was wrong about Casey's decision back then but he was right, and he doesn't come off as trying to brag about it in the actual quote.
                          That's not even logical. If Casey "knew" that JV & Serge was a bad combination, why would you be starting every single game at a disadvantage, by design?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            That's not even logical. If Casey "knew" that JV & Serge was a bad combination, why would you be starting every single game at a disadvantage, by design?
                            Because hes an idiot. Hes making Hue Jackson type comments right now.

Comment

• Maybe this thing is serious enough that Warriors look to move Draymond to appease Durant ... any takers?

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                                Casey is making it seem so simple. But thats what he was - a simpleton who could never see the big picture. I'll give you an analogy:

If I had the same materials, tools and direction as Picasso, I still couldn't produce a piece of art anywhere near his. Casey may have used a similar lineup, but he never made it work. Nurse has done a better job in 14 games than Casey has done in his entire tenure.
                                That analogy only works if Casey had the same tools to work with. Kawhi sort of make a huge difference here not to mention DG.

Comment

Working...
                                X