Clear All

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    I bet it was Delon to Orlando. When it fell apart they went with fultz

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post

Other than him not going to Bucks, the deal we did was better imo.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

wonder what the deal was

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Or let Norm be more of the facilitator (his IQ still needs a lot of work though).
    What IQ?

Leave a comment:

• Other Scott
    replied
    Haven't really had a chance to post my thoughts on the deal.

I think it's a good move just because of how low risk it is. The biggest risk is that you don't get as much out of Gasol as you got with Jonas, which is possible on the offensive end, but I think the defense and the passing in particular is a huge upgrade. The one thing the Raptors didn't have on their roster until this point is a playmaking big man, Ibaka and Val are both below average passers even for their positions. This could smooth out Toronto's offense quite a bit, especially when Lowry sits.

Really they didn't give up a single great asset. Valanciunas is a good player with terrific pick and roll skills, but he's on a slight overpay contract and there's just matchups he can't really play in, and they're getting more and more common in today's NBA. There's a reason when he was healthy, Ibaka was finishing 75% of games despite arguably not being purely as good a player. Wright really wasn't going anywhere as a Raptor, it's hard to see them committing to him past the 2020 threshold of when the team's contracts all run out as a third string point guard who should earn more money than that typically calls for. Miles has sadly become a zero on both ends so trading him is just losing an expiring for (probably) committed 2019-20 money in Gasol, which is fine. That second round pick in 2024 could be pick 33 for all we know, but you throw it in if you need to get the deal done.

I think this will work well for team chemistry rather than negatively, and Gasol when he is on (like at the start of this season) is an All Star level beast. I don't think this is the massive upgrade that some outsiders will probably see it as, but I think it's a low cost slight upgrade, which you have to take at this stage.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    I miss Greg Stiemsma.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    We only have six guys left from last year.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    That was a fun team.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Zainab wrote: View Post
    this is funny
    Truly though -- Fuck Draymond Green. I wonder -- if JV had remained healthy and we didn't have this terribly underwhelming stretch we've had since then... If JV had continued to play and we continued to dominate as we did when he was with us through the beginning of the season, would this trade have seemed necessary? Would it have happened today? While The Shao-nd and The Fury would no doubt still be pounding their drums... I'm not convinced.

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied
    zainab wrote: View Post

this is funny

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    So if we assume
    Bucks
    Raps
    Sixers
    Celtics
    Who won the last trade week, not day?

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
    Pau would be a nice pickup to be the Greg Monroe and get to play with his brother once (hopefully win a championship). I would love Ellington too.

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    And we all thought CJ had broken the curse. The curse was just trolling.
    i hope next year they just put someone like mccaw in that role... keep anyone important away from go daddy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X