Game 52: Toronto Raptors at Dallas Mavericks - Sunday January 27th, 7pm ET TSNN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    I don't follow the draft. What exactly was the knock on Doncic? He's athletic, skilled, smart and tough. He's pretty much an ideal player for the NBA the way the game is now.
    They thought he wasnt athletic enough actually. Which is a tiny bit racist I think..thought he maybe wouldn't be fast enough for the nba..creating off the dribble and shooting were supposed to be trouble spots.

With that said, he was the #1 pick of the majority of people, not sure what Atlanta was thinking with that trade
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I don't follow the draft. What exactly was the knock on Doncic? He's athletic, skilled, smart and tough. He's pretty much an ideal player for the NBA the way the game is now.
      The thought was he wasn’t going to quick enough to handle the better athletes he was going to see on a nightly basis in the NBA.
      So much for that.

That..and he didn’t go to Duke or Kentucky.
      Some in the NBA can be a case study for groupthink and ethnocentrism
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

Comment

• Good job limiting turnovers tonight.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            We beat Milwaukee without JV once already hopefully we can do it again. Just do not play Monroe or CJ. And do not play this 3 point guard lineup and we should be good
            I'm hoping that our big Lithuanian makes his return on Thursday. I want him in a jersey and not a suit
            OG is our king

Comment

• I’ll take the win. Also I’ll be happy to not play Luka again this year

Comment

• Doncic is youngest player with 30 point triple double. Bright future.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  2nd because of % pts..can take back 1st on Thursday
                  Can’t even do that.....assuming the Bucks beat the Pistons on Tuesday. If they win that but lose to us they would be 36-14 and we would be 38-15. We would be half a game up but still percentage points behind. Again, not sure which one they would use to determine the all star coach. Would be ironic if coach Casey could pull one out to get coach Nurse the job.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Doncic is youngest player with 30 point triple double. Bright future.
                    The teams that passed on him need to fire somebody.

Comment

• Just watched the game live in Dallas. Had a seat 3 rows behind the Raptors bench.....beside 4 of Kyle's friends from North Philly. Nice guys....cheering for the Raptors but noticeably not for Kawhi which was interesting. It was a great place to watch players body language and attitude. Not so great to actually see the game. Maglore stands almost the entire time with his arms spread and the guy's huge. Delon actually looked sort of defeated and I was surprised he played so well when he came in for the first half. CJ lacked his usual smile....I think the end might be near for him. Nurse is obviously shortening the bench. Hard to imagine where JV's minutes are going to come....a little less Serge I guess. Watching the Raptors live the last two games I was really impressed with Norm Powell's athleticism. He is really the only Raptor that plays that way consistently; Kawhi and Pascal do in bursts. I hope they keep him around. He also shot lights out in the shoot around .....must have been 75% with unguarded threes....much better than Kyle or Pascal and as good as Danny Green. He might even be the shooter we think we need.

Comment

• Thats why its always the same teams in the lottery. Why would anyone pass on Doncic?

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                          Just watched the game live in Dallas. Had a seat 3 rows behind the Raptors bench.....beside 4 of Kyle's friends from North Philly. Nice guys....cheering for the Raptors but noticeably not for Kawhi which was interesting. It was a great place to watch players body language and attitude. Not so great to actually see the game. Maglore stands almost the entire time with his arms spread and the guy's huge. Delon actually looked sort of defeated and I was surprised he played so well when he came in for the first half. CJ lacked his usual smile....I think the end might be near for him. Nurse is obviously shortening the bench. Hard to imagine where JV's minutes are going to come....a little less Serge I guess. Watching the Raptors live the last two games I was really impressed with Norm Powell's athleticism. He is really the only Raptor that plays that way consistently; Kawhi and Pascal do in bursts. I hope they keep him around. He also shot lights out in the shoot around .....must have been 75% with unguarded threes....much better than Kyle or Pascal and as good as Danny Green. He might even be the shooter we think we need.
                          Thanks for the insight. Yea I think CJ's needs to never get playing time again so I'm glad you think his time is up lol. Delon did look defeated on the bench I noticed that but as long as he's playing over CJ I'm fine with that. He doesn't need to get a lot of minutes but he should be playing over CJ. JV I think will take Greg's minutes or the minutes Pascal plays as the 5 and he should eat into some of Serge's minutes when he comes back hopefully. Serge needs a bit of a break, you can see him wearing down. Norm's been very impressive since coming back from injury. Easily our best bench player and has been the most consistent bench player. One of the only guys who can hit shots other than Danny and Kawhi so I'm not shocked to hear about his shooting percentage pre game. I hope the not cheering for Kawhi doesn't mean much but really who cares. As long as Kyle and Kawhi find a way to coexist on the court that's all that matters.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Hi Mitch. Yes thanks for the Texas reports sounds like fun. Prime seats both games Im curious what they cost? I think youd be down at least $2000 for two games here

Comment

• JV coming back (hopefully soon) means no more Moose unless in garbage time and we have precious few games of that in the last month. Pascal back in his natural position and less grinding for Serge. Yes Ibaka is looking tired but they have ~3 days off now. If you're not injured and not 38 pretending to be 28, and can't be fresh after this kind of a break, you really aren't a starter in the NBA.

No excuses being tired on Thursday and hopefully JV is back.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                                Hi Mitch. Yes thanks for the Texas reports sounds like fun. Prime seats both games Im curious what they cost? I think youd be down at least $2000 for two games here
                                My friend from Dallas got them and he hasn't "invoiced" me yet! I think they were more like 600$ per game....a little more in Houston, a little less in Dallas. Really a fun trip....added some golf too. Quite a number of Raptor fans at both games with "let's go Raptors" cheers breaking out periodically. But seriously....if you want to see the game don't sit low behind the bench. I'd go at least 6 rows up. Too much going on with coaches up and down and even the Gatorade cart getting in the way. Maglore was the worst though....the guy never sits down!

Comment

Working...
                                X