X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    The "We're a world class city! Right guys? Guys?" side of Toronto is kind of irritating. Just be yourself. You're fine.
    it's kind of ironic that toronto seems to have a inferiority complex as a city on a global scale but a superiority complex to other Canadian cities.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    The "We're a world class city! Right guys? Guys?" side of Toronto is kind of irritating. Just be yourself. You're fine.
    They want to be a global city, its a "Canadian inferiority complex" kinda like how they hate the Argonauts from the CFL and wish they had an NFL team, where Saskatchewan and Winnipeg have a grand old time at the games

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    This whole thing sprouted up all over again recently because of Chris Bosh's off-hand comments about going through customs with jewelry? smh.

At some point, if the city, media, fans have an acute level of inferiority complex and paranoia to feel the need to defend every negative comment sent our way by American players, media, etc....... then you kind of deserve what you get. Just ignore it, man. It was Chris Bosh.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    It will be all up to Kawhi this offseason to put this debate to rest or not:

This whole thing sprouted up all over again recently because of Chris Bosh's off-hand comments about going through customs with jewelry? smh.

At some point, if the city, media, fans have an acute level of inferiority complex and paranoia to feel the need to defend every negative comment sent our way by American players, media, etc....... then you kind of deserve what you get. Just ignore it, man. It was Chris Bosh.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    It will be all up to Kawhi this offseason to put this debate to rest or not:

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Meeks was a good pick. With a 10 day contract there is no risk. If he can play than it's a great pick up. I remember being a bit worried about Meeks before we played the Wizards (lol), and when he got banned I did a bit of a happy dance.

He's a scrub, but he can also go off. Career 37% 3pt shooter. He shot 41% a couple of years ago. So that box gets checked.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Nice. Worth a look.

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    I say get him back on the juice and let's seem what a fully cycling PED nba athlete can do for a couple games. then sign someone better March 1st
    they wont test him in playoffs...like this bring him back 2 weeks before playoffs

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Please...no "Everything Jodie Meeks" thread.....I'm sure the server can only handle so much
    Yeah, no thread for 10-day players please. This is signing looks like just like a placeholder because they were up against the 14 day deadline to get a 14th player. I think they're basically just killing time until March 1st (the last day players can be waived ) to add someone on a real contract

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

lmaoooo
    Kyle Lowry went flying but than again Meeks was probably on the juice even than.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Spark wrote: View Post
    correct me if I am wrong, we dont need to sign anyone by March 1st for playoffs...but instead i think players have to be waived by March 1st to play in playoffs right?
    Correct. We can sign players up to the final day of the season to add to our playoff roster.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Finally added an above average shooter which everybody's begging for. The new cj miles role, helps backcourt with fred out. 10 to 12 min a night and hopefully makes a couple 3s
    Some shooters need more minutes to shoot well. Coming in cold and making a couple 3's off the bench in limited minutes isn't as easy as it looks, so said Steve Kerr.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

lmaoooo

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Better than Ben McLemore or VC

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Meh