Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should The Raptors Take A Look At Morrison? (Update: Raps WILL Take a Look At Adam M)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'll say again that typically #14 or #15 on the depth chart does nothing to help the team now. Those guys are typically prospects and/or players desperate for a break, hoping to get a shot at PT if they work hard and hang around long enough.
    Why do you want to pay 1.8 mill for those positions ? Why not get someone much cheaper if he is going to barely play !!

Comment

For a player with 4 years of experience the Vet minimum is $915,852 in the 2010/2011 season. That's that the best case scenario for signing Morrison. The worst case would actually be $2M, the BAE(Bi-Annual Exception)

Comment

I don't think anyone is under the impression that a 13-15 player is anything but a guy who is going to have to think a lot more about what he is going to wear to games than the rest of the team, but I'd want one of three types of players. The first is an older veteran who is going to help in the locker room, the second is a prospect who just needs a couple of seasons, and will probably spend some time in the D-League, but has a chance to contribute later, and the third is a veteran who won't complain but who you can throw into a game situation for a few minutes if needed. As far as I know, Morrison doesn't fall under any of those categories.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I remember his rookie season. He stood out quite well actually. I also can't imagine it's easy to get any playing time coming back from injury on a team like the Lakers. I'd be tempted to give it a shot if it wasn't for the fact that his role, even if he performed well, would be made redundant by other players on the roster.
          He could be a great little diamond in the rough for a number of teams, just not for the Raptors in particular.

Comment

900 K
            Ok, that is better. Even at that price I rather have an unproven player ( like Weems was last year) and let him give it his best than a guy which had all the chances in the world, all the support that he could have had and never really did anything.

Adam is a failed project. A guy who is allergic to defense, is not Athletic and does not have the heart to battle and take a hit.

Lets reserve those 13 and 14 spot for guys who might have something to add to this team.

Comment

Morrison hasn't had all the chances in the world, that's the point. He had a decent rookie year, struggled with injuries in the second year and never really got another good opportunity since. Morrison dominated the NCAA and while that does not guarantee success at the NBA level, it for sure makes him a prospect worth bringing in and taking a look at. He's at least as good as any #14 or 15 on benches league-wide, aka. the guys who never get to play. He also might have something to add to the team. We're all writing him off without seeing the guy play in years. Chances of finding a good defender out of a bunch of undrafted prospects or toss aways in trades is very small. Sonny Weems finds are rare. So are Jamario Moon finds. A group of fans who get to see Morrison play could be using a similar description for him in a year, who knows? What I do know is he has immense talent and that's worth a look.

I have a question to the doubters. Who are these impact players you would like to slot in #14 and 15 that you're saving your heart for?

Comment

Pops mensah bonsu

Comment

I have a question to the doubters. Who are these impact players you would like to slot in #14 and 15 that you're saving your heart for?
                  We're not saying the #14 and #15 players are "impact players". (See Tim W's last post) The only impact these guys make will be in practice or in their fashion choices.

Comment

I voted no, but for around 900k, I would take a look at him.

To do that, I'd want to ensure that Evans is gone. Hang onto Banks for now, he'll be just as inexpensive in a year's time. He could actually be a "deal" in the "prime" years of his career, especially considering how few miles he's put on his knees and ankles.
                    It's about money

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmOk8DJUxQ0

He'd be a better cheerleader than Evans. Just ask the Lakers!

Comment

Wow, how many other FA threads get 4 pages? This is the most he's been talked about in years.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Yeah, never has there been such a heated debate in here over who's filling a role that involves sitting out games and crossing fingers.

Comment

Or in the Rpators case the 14th & 15th roster spots are for slugs with bloated contracts. Given THAT comparision, I'd throw a little money at Morrison.

Comment

Morrison is not an NBA player. He is an very poor defender + very poor rebounder + very poor passer + an inefficient scorer.

Morrison creates large negative contributions for his team whenever he steps onto the court.
                              nbaroundtable

Comment

admam morrison looks like my uncle and my uncle is a fat slob. so,no.

muahahahahah
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X