Raptors 'Close' To Signing Player For MLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mess wrote: View Post
    That sort of sounds like Marco Belinelli - who is 2 years younger and has a career 3 pt % within .04 of JJ.

Though you did mention "consistency", but I think if his minutes were more consistant that would help.
    Reddick was certainly not consistent until this past season. I agree, though. There's really no point in getting a guy like Reddick when Belinelli is already on the roster. Belinelli's got far more talent than Reddick, he's younger (as you mentioned) and he can play defense. Raptor fans seem to like a lot of players...until they actually play for the team.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I don't understand why anyone would advocate getting JJ. Maybe Kapono is still too fresh on my mind, but to me, JJ is the exact opposite of what the Raptors should be looking for.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
        Acually from what I've been reading Reddick is not nearly as bad defensively as people like to think. This is from David Thorpe

http://20secondtimeout.blogspot.com/...thinks-jj.html

Now this was written a few years ago, but I see no reason that this doesn't still apply to Reddick. He may not be the best defender in the league, but he's ahead of where DeRozen was last season and I don't think he will hurt us defensively as much as you make out.
        All that quote says is JJ can guard SOME NBA guards as opposed to no NBA guards. Also states pretty clearly that his motivation to defend is lacking. If we spend the MLE on him, it wouldn't be a surprise that we'd be hesitant to bench him. All of that together hardly means he's even an average defender.

Comment

Working...
        X