Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIGNING: Kleiza To Raptors (Update: Pg. 23/Post #183)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't exactly seen Kleiza play a ton of games, or keep up with his stats, but from what I remember Kleiza plays with a pretty big chip on his shoulder and isn't scared to get at it with the big boys. A hard-nosed type guy, almost a bigger, stronger Delfino type guy.

Comment

• Meet your newest Raptor:

At least he's got some personality (a bit worried about the couch potato comment, we just got rid of one for goddness sake!)

Comment

• Kleiza is as inconsistent as they come good one game- dissappear the next. As for Kleiza effectively guarding opposing NBA starting SF- good luck with that. He can shoot threes and will use his body but for the money he got paid there were better options for TO. Hopefully he will get out played in training camp or TO will make some more moves because a potential starting line up of:

Bargnani
        Johnson
        Kleiza
        DeRozan
        Calderon

Leaves the D out of defense and the R out of rebound. Jack could start but in TO they play contracts over talent so if Jose stays Jack most likely will back him up due to making half as much contract money.

Comment

• SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
          Jack could start but in TO they play contracts over talent so if Jose stays Jack most likely will back him up due to making half as much contract money.
          If that was the case, both Evans and Banks would have gotten consistent minutes. It could be that Calderon is simply a better PG.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Kleiza is as inconsistent as they come good one game- dissappear the next. As for Kleiza effectively guarding opposing NBA starting SF- good luck with that. He can shoot threes and will use his body but for the money he got paid there were better options for TO. Hopefully he will get out played in training camp or TO will make some more moves because a potential starting line up of:

Bargnani
            Johnson
            Kleiza
            DeRozan
            Calderon

Leaves the D out of defense and the R out of rebound. Jack could start but in TO they play contracts over talent so if Jose stays Jack most likely will back him up due to making half as much contract money.
            Considering that he led the Euro-league in scoring in 09-10 and
            Considering that you are supposedly a Raptors fan.

Why wouldn't you want him to shine and show an improved game from when he was at Denver?

Unless you have some other non-basketball related issue with him.

Do you? Just asking
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• @ Buddahfan

NBA > Euro League

I'm not a fan aka fanatic of anyone- I follow Raptor basketball. Kleiza is inconsistant I watched him play for Denver enough to catch on to that. He's like Bellineli here one game, gone the next.

No need to worry though since Barnes should start over Kleiza at SF. I just hope BC isn't trading Weems as he seems to get knocked down further the contract depth chart. I like ballers and Kleiza isn't my steez on the court especially as a NBA SF.

@ Tim W

Jose makes more money than Banks, who was in the doghouse all season for refusing to show in Vegas- act like you know. And Evans is just plain horrible- I remember when the Sonics drafted Reggie he was a wrecking ball on the court with no offensive skill and still is today- get a clue. Jose "The Spanish X Ray" Calderon is not a better than Jack- just makes more money ie contract.
              Last edited by SirChillyMost; Mon Jul 19, 2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

@ Buddahfan

NBA > Euro League

I'm not a fan aka fanatic of anyone- I follow Raptor basketball. Kleiza is inconsistant I watched him play for Denver enough to catch on to that. He's like Bellineli here one game, gone the next.

No need to worry though since Barnes should start over Kleiza at SF. I just hope BC isn't trading Weems as he seems to get knocked down further the contract depth chart. I like ballers and Kleiza isn't my steez on the court especially as a NBA SF.

@ Tim W

Jose makes more money than Banks, who was in the doghouse all season for refusing to show in Vegas- act like you know. And Evans is just plain horrible- I remember when the Sonics drafted Reggie he was a wrecking ball on the court with no offensive skill and still is today- get a clue. Jose "The Spanish X Ray" Calderon is not a better than Jack- just makes more money ie contract.
                Kleiza was a lot more consistent in his first couple of years with Denver. Later on his playing time was all over the place because of J. R. Smith's emergence. When Swish was hot then Kleiza sat, when Swish was cold Kleiza was asked to come in and produce. Not the best circumstances under which to perform. You should know that

Johnson never did very much until Triano gave him consistent minutes. It could be Kleiza is the same. You don't lead the Euro-league in scoring by being inconsistent.

Kleiza was the leading scorer in Europe League in 09-10. He is still young.

Alphonso Ford Top Scorer Trophy: Linas Kleiza, Olympiacos
                Linas Kleiza - OlympiacosA native son who returned to Europe in the prime of his career has earned the first post-season award of the 2009-10 Euroleague. Linas Kleiza of Olympiacos Piraeus is the winner of the Alphonso Ford Top Scorer Trophy, awarded annually to the Euroleague player who averages the most points over a minimum number of games prior to the Final Four.
                http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/70749/180
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  Kleiza was a lot more consistent in his first couple of years with Denver. Later on his playing time was all over the place because of J. R. Smith's emergence. When Swish was hot then Kleiza sat, when Swish was cold Kleiza was asked to come in and produce. Not the best circumstances under which to perform. You should know that

Johnson never did very much until Triano gave him consistent minutes. It could be Kleiza is the same. You don't lead the Euro-league in scoring by being inconsistent.

Kleiza was the leading scorer in Europe League in 09-10. He is still young.

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/70749/180
                  Kleiza- time will tell. Barnes is the better player.

Johnson was a starter for awhile in Detroit- that's before Jay gave him consistent minutes in TO.

Euro stats < NBA stats

Comment

Kleiza- time will tell. Barnes is the better player.

Johnson was a starter for awhile in Detroit- that's before Jay gave him consistent minutes in TO.

Euro stats < NBA stats
                    It looks like Barnes may not end up with the Raptors. We shall see. As to who is better. I have never really liked Barnes game that much since I saw him play in Pauly though he does play pretty good defense. He has always been very athletic but he just doesn't seem to make a team better. Also too many teams in too few years. There has to be a reason and it can't be good.

If the Raptors get the Kleiza that was at Denver in 08-09 then he won't be good enough to be a good starter. However, my sense is that at the end in Denver his head got screwed up because of his inconsistent playing time situation (the same happened to Johnson in Detroit. Though there were a lot more issues for Johnson in Detroit than just the playing time one) and as a result he got in the wrong groove at Denver. Going to Europe seems to have cleared it. He is also still fairly young.

Johnson - You won't win any arguments with me on Johnson. I have followed his career since he played for Ed Azzam.

Click below to go to my Amir Johnson blog - NBA 25-15.

http://nba-25-15.blogspot.com/

Comment

@ Tim W

Well, apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that Calderon is a better player than Jack. Jack is obviously a better defender, but Calderon is a better PG. He is a better passer, runs the offense better and makes those around him better. Jack is a great backup guard, but he's not a pure PG, so the offense simply isn't going to run as well with him on the floor unless there's someone else on the court who can run the offense (like Turkoglu).
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”

How come you list it as a Sarah Palin quote on your blog but not at the republic?
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post

How come you list it as a Sarah Palin quote on your blog but not at the republic?
                          Just a personal choice. You shouldn't get all wee-wee'd up about it.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                            Just a personal choice. You shouldn't get all wee-wee'd up about it.
                            Wee WEEEEEE!!!!!
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Well, apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that Calderon is a better player than Jack. Jack is obviously a better defender, but Calderon is a better PG. He is a better passer, runs the offense better and makes those around him better. Jack is a great backup guard, but he's not a pure PG, so the offense simply isn't going to run as well with him on the floor unless there's someone else on the court who can run the offense (like Turkoglu).
                              That's your opinion. Fair enough.

IMO Jose is not a leader ie Chris Bosh gets kneed by Pierce and Jose just- walks on by- as the song goes. Jose wasn't the only one who did nothing but he was the closest to CB when the incident happened.

I'd take a Jack type of pg over a Calderon type pg all day every day. Plus, Jack isn't injury prone like the Spanish X Ray either. Both are ideal back ups but if I went with a starter out of the 2 it would be Jack as he has all the leadership intangables that Jose lacks plus he has that extra grit to his game when the game gets tight he can throw a decent entry pass ie Bosh against NJ playoffs when Jose missed a wide open Bosh who had sealed his man off middle post.

*Kleiza I feel will be a bad fit roster wise Barnes would have been money better spent but this is BC's vision........

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                                Wee WEEEEEE!!!!!
                                hahahaha

and tim jack is better
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X