Amir Johnsons Signing Press Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the real question is?

Is Amir Johnson worth $34 million dollars.

I honestly don't think so, he had good couple games last year, where was he rest of the season? He played 5 good games and disappeared in 77, hey let's give him $34 million dollars, sure why not.

Lets see what else i can mess up here in Toronto before i get fired (BC)

Comment

BookieTom wrote: View Post
      Well the real question is?

Is Amir Johnson worth $34 million dollars.

I honestly don't think so, he had good couple games last year, where was he rest of the season? He played 5 good games and disappeared in 77, hey let's give him $34 million dollars, sure why not.

Lets see what else i can mess up here in Toronto before i get fired (BC)
      He disappeared in 77?????? Are we rewriting history here? Johnson had a bunch of really, really good games, a fair amount of good games, a bunch of pretty good games and some not so good games. To say he disappeared in all but 77 is just completely false. You may not like the contract, but don't make stuff up to try and back up your point. It doesn't look good.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
        http://www.nba.com/raptors/

The video is up now.
        I have to say, I agree with most of what Colangelo said. I did love his shot at the "moron" in New York who quizzed Ed Davis on the taxes in Canada. That was brilliant.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

BookieTom wrote: View Post
          I honestly don't think so, he had good couple games last year, where was he rest of the season? He played 5 good games and disappeared in 77, hey let's give him $34 million dollars, sure why not
          So playing D doesn't factor into winning. Points per game is the only metric that counts!
          Rebounding is overrated as well. I mean who cares if you get 4 offensive rebounds? I mean what does that count for? 8 points for you and teammates. Psst... and you deprived the opposition of the ball. Pathetic. Help defense - who cares - seriously everyone should should only take care of his own man. You are correct - completely disappeared. Travis Outlaw, on the other hand was a MONSTER last year.
          http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

Liston wrote: View Post
            So playing D doesn't factor into winning. Points per game is the only metric that counts!
            Rebounding is overrated as well. I mean who cares if you get 4 offensive rebounds? I mean what does that count for? 8 points for you and teammates. Psst... and you deprived the opposition of the ball. Pathetic. Help defense - who cares - seriously everyone should should only take care of his own man. You are correct - completely disappeared. Travis Outlaw, on the other hand was a MONSTER last year.
            Ahahahahaha.....LOVE IT!

Tell 'em Liston!

Comment

Right now I can't recall the exact words but...

The question was something like "what was your agent telling you about the interest (may have been "offers") from other teams?"

Amir said something like "There was a bit interest. Around 25-30." Add a few "um"'s in there too. BC's hand was on his chin at the time and he just turned his head to look at Amir after he drops the figures.
              Was he maybe saying that there was interest from 25-30 teams instead of saying how much teams were offering? I don't know I didn't watch it.

Comment

Right now I can't recall the exact words but...

The question was something like "what was your agent telling you about the interest (may have been "offers") from other teams?"

Amir said something like "There was a bit interest. Around 25-30." Add a few "um"'s in there too. BC's hand was on his chin at the time and he just turned his head to look at Amir after he drops the figures.

So either that was the moment when BC finally found out the other teams true interest in Amir, or he was not supposed to mention any number figures. Or both. I'm guessing that number would be for shorter term contracts though.
                I'm guessing Amir was supposed to just STFU about it. I've actually never heard a player answer that question, at least not in that kind of setting. Amir wasn't thinking in that moment.

Comment

Working...
                X