Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jordan Nixes Trade! (Larry Brown To Blame!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tbihis wrote: View Post
    hahaha you guys must have ESP coz they traded chandler to Dallas instead! hahahaha
    Holy shit, thats weird! hahaha

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      Who knows what MJ is thinking, but Tas tossed out an interesting idea 15 min ago.
      If BC is serious about rebuilding this franchise the right way, then he should jump on the Jose for Dampier and then wave Dampier deal.

However, I still don't see why CHA wants to have Jose ?? Can't they get a PG with a cheaper price tag on the market ? Do they need Jose so bad that they are willing to give us a huge expiring contract without adding any bad contract ( Diaw) to it ?

Comment

• Al jefferson traded to jazz for two 1sts and trade exception WTF Kanh is the worst GM in the league lol

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;...berwolvestrade

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
          If BC is serious about rebuilding this franchise the right way, then he should jump on the Jose for Dampier and then wave Dampier deal.

However, I still don't see why CHA wants to have Jose ?? Can't they get a PG with a cheaper price tag on the market ? Do they need Jose so bad that they are willing to give us a huge expiring contract without adding any bad contract ( Diaw) to it ?
          I think the ball is in MJ's court as far as what to do with Damp is concerned. The majority of teams would love to have that contract.

Cheaper price tag probably. But unlike what some people seem to think here, Jose is not the worst PG is in the league.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• With the recent developments, can this re-visit the possibility of Calderon + TPE to Philly for Iguodala? I'm just wondering. Iggy is a 2 (could he be a small forward)?
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• I sincerely hope not. Iggy isn't the answer.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• From_the_605 wrote: View Post
                It is perplexing that Colangelo would trade Jose Calderon. Calderon is one of the better point guards in the NBA. He doesn't turn the ball over, he takes good shots. They do, however, need to get better defensively and he is not a great defender, but how many good point guards are? With the exception of Rajon Rondo, there aren't too many (I believe Chris Paul is overrated defensively). Steve Nash, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose and Tony Parker are not considered elite defenders, but are recognized as some of the better floor generals in the league. Moreover, you have now alienated a very good player and will probably have to move the guard later in the season...
                ok ur probably one of those ppl who just watch the player with the ball... go back n watch how Jose can't stay in front of his man... then other players hav to help n leave their man resulting in a wide open 3 or a dunk...

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post

Because Calderon is better than many Raptor fans think.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    Well, I guess we have to wait and see what the perceived value of Calderon in NBA is now.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      Also, because Charlotte can put some better defensive pieces around Calderon, offsetting his biggest weakness.

Comment

• There are not many allstar point guards in the league deron williams, chris paul, rajon rondo, tony parker, chauncey billups, derek rose, steve nash, baron davis
                        Calderon is in the second tier of point guards in the NBA with guys like andre miller, mike bibby, and jameer nelson. We need a young point guard who has the potential of reaching that first tier cuz calderon is only going to decline lets face it but for now keeping calderon isn't a bad idea.

Comment

• From_the_605 wrote: View Post
                          It is perplexing that Colangelo would trade Jose Calderon. Calderon is one of the better point guards in the NBA. He doesn't turn the ball over, he takes good shots. They do, however, need to get better defensively and he is not a great defender, but how many good point guards are? With the exception of Rajon Rondo, there aren't too many (I believe Chris Paul is overrated defensively). Steve Nash, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose and Tony Parker are not considered elite defenders, but are recognized as some of the better floor generals in the league. Moreover, you have now alienated a very good player and will probably have to move the guard later in the season...
                          What are you talking about. The NBA is a buisness and if you screw up your chances again and again. Don't be surprised if your in another jersey next season. This is what SHOULD be expected from BC. For the last few years, Jose's was a HUGE defensively liability. Come next season if we have him on our roster, I'll be disappointed. On the other hand, we've got to get something of equal or greater value back. We just can't throw him away.
                          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• I'm very confused. Bobcats just traded Chandler+Anjica for Dampier+Carrol+Najera... Why on earth would they take on Carrol's contract?

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.co...38893/23171082

AND the salaries don't match. Wtf.

Comment

• Marz wrote: View Post
                              I'm very confused. Bobcats just traded Chandler+Anjica for Dampier+Carrol+Najera... Why on earth would they take on Carrol's contract?

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.co...38893/23171082

AND the salaries don't match. Wtf.
                              They had to take Carroll's contract to satisfy Dallas' trade demands.

They could absorb the contracts by using a TPE (I think they had about $3 million in a Raja Bell TPE).

This is not a good basketball trade for Charlotte, but saves them a ton of money this year. If they want to use Dampier's contract to improve the team, they will have to either trade him to a team that can absorb the contract (like TO), or waive him and spend the money on a free agent (Kyle Lowery?).

Comment

• I don't care if we keep Jose but we have to trade two of the 4 point guards. 26 million on your point guard position is ridiculous and we don't even have paul or williams. Please BC pull off a miracle and get some good pieces.

Comment

Working...
                                X