Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Will Be The Raptors Captain In 2010-11? Did An Amir Tweet This AM Tell Us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noxleno wrote: View Post
    Yeah I agree, Jack is quite the fair-weather leader. Sometimes he looks so damned sulky it's almost comical. I'm surprised Jose hasn't been given the call for captain, for obvious reasons he's been the best candidate for a couple of seasons; of course, the recent attempts to trade him have all but eliminated any chance of that happening. BTW, Buddahfan, I loved your comment on the recent web article by Golden State of Mind where you completely cut up the writer's claims about Amir. Apparently you have a vindictive side that we rarely see here at RR. Good form.

"All of you Bay area writers are well known for making stuff up.

You are no exception

Cheers from Los Angeles, the only great city in CA"

Haha. Good form.
    I spend a lot of time here. I try to keep that in mind

vindictive side: You should see my once in while posts on Detroit Bad Boys.

I doubt that I will ever get over Dumars being given credit for Hammond's great work with the Pistons and worst of all then screwing up the Pistons royally over night once Hammond bolted to the Bucks.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Sep 3, 2010, 01:59 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Jack is the Captain and on court leader of this year's Raptor team him showing up in Vegas to work with the team showed that much. Will there be another Team captain along w/ Jack? Who knows? But I do know that Bargnani shouldn't be a captain nor should Kleiza aka Mr. club hopper (just like Turk). Barbosa mabey? He is a vet who has a lot of experience with winning in the NBA. Not sure if he's a real vocal guy in the locker room, practice court though. I'm pretty sure that BC/Jay will most likely have 1 US player (Jack)and 1 International player (Barg's, Kleiza, Bosa, Caldy) as team captains in the end given BC's track record of trying to make TO a US/International player hybrid NBA team.

If folks read any of Jack's post season interviews he said exactly that- he needs to work on his body language and emotions when times get tough on the court, that he needs to stay more consistent with his on court approach- accountability. At least he recognizes the need to change that bad habit of his in order to lead the team- that's one of the characteristics of a true leader- recognizing one's own shortcomings. Taking any notes Jay aka Mr No Accountability?

Jose? Isn't that the same person who ignored CB4 when he was crumpled up on the Boston Garden floor after being kneed in the groin by PPierce? He's not a leader in any sense of the word.

Comment

why would anyone consider bargnani. the guy is afraid of becoming the leader of the raptors for just one or two games there is nothing to suggest that he will be the captain for the season.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          http://twitter.com/IamAmirJohnson

1. Was this another hidden meaning tweet from Amir?

2. The "c" on Captain was not capitalized so maybe Amir was just using that well known term "captain Jack" as used in the TV commercials

3. Maybe this Jack is not even Jarrett Jack

4. Then again a lot of people think that Jack will become the Raptors captain in 10-11 so maybe Amir was just breaking in the term in advance of the player vote.

Trying to read a hidden meaning into Amir's tweets is like trying to find the hidden meaning in Bob Dylan's songs.

However, I am probably one of the very few if not only person in the world who tries to find hidden meanings in Amir's tweets whereas probably tens if not hundreds of thousands of Dylan fans over the decades have tried to find hidden meanings in Dylan's songs.
          YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO TRIES TO FIND THESE POINTLESS HIDDEN MEANINGS. like seriously buddah, obviuosly captain jack is a nickname thats been used many times so in no way does it mean he is the captain i always like youre enthusiasm in finding things but you gotta find some better things to occupy youre time instead of trying to find hidden messages in tweets bro come on

Comment

i partly agree with sirchilly, but im kinda annoyed again as how he found a way to tie up BC again, even in the captaincy, he always slings mud on him. Seriously chilly, you make me remember that 80's song, "the more you hate, the more you love". you keep drilling BC for his so-called moves, yet you admire Jack, Derozan....who incase youre not aware, were BC acquisitions. weems too and amir.

Yes, Jack should be the captain, no doubt. volatile? did you see him running all over the court like a headless chicken when he gets frustrated? id rather see him sulk when he's having a bad game, than other players who keep throwing bricks eventhough theyre already having a bad game. This team, specially this young, needs a vocal leader. Jack may not say the right things all the time but at least he's saying something to the players, rather than their previous so-called leader, who preferred to take jabs at his teammates "drive" when being interviewed by media.

Then they should make Bargs co-captain, give him a bit of leadership responsibility if he really is to be tagged the franchise player. i think it will be good for him, some people need to be given a label for them to have the sense of authority. i know this coming from a culture where you dont say anything unless youre asked or if youve earned the title, and i think italians are the same. Bargs chose not to be vocal before because he knew this was Bosh's team but now if he's given that title, he might take it to heart and speak up.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
              Jack is the Captain and on court leader of this year's Raptor team him showing up in Vegas to work with the team showed that much. Will there be another Team captain along w/ Jack? Who knows? But I do know that Bargnani shouldn't be a captain nor should Kleiza aka Mr. club hopper (just like Turk). Barbosa mabey? He is a vet who has a lot of experience with winning in the NBA. Not sure if he's a real vocal guy in the locker room, practice court though. I'm pretty sure that BC/Jay will most likely have 1 US player (Jack)and 1 International player (Barg's, Kleiza, Bosa, Caldy) as team captains in the end given BC's track record of trying to make TO a US/International player hybrid NBA team.

If folks read any of Jack's post season interviews he said exactly that- he needs to work on his body language and emotions when times get tough on the court, that he needs to stay more consistent with his on court approach- accountability. At least he recognizes the need to change that bad habit of his in order to lead the team- that's one of the characteristics of a true leader- recognizing one's own shortcomings. Taking any notes Jay aka Mr No Accountability?

Jose? Isn't that the same person who ignored CB4 when he was crumpled up on the Boston Garden floor after being kneed in the groin by PPierce? He's not a leader in any sense of the word.
              I think Jay was pretty clear during the post-season presscon that he took fault in the raps not making the playoffs because he shouldve focused on the personal relationships with his players as well rather than just the Xs and Os. dont know what more accountability you require.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                I think Jay was pretty clear during the post-season presscon that he took fault in the raps not making the playoffs because he shouldve focused on the personal relationships with his players as well rather than just the Xs and Os. dont know what more accountability you require.
                How about the particulars that both Wright & Jack made public through the media? Jay's not a leader of men in the NBA he has the persona of a tree stump on the sidelines and looks like a elementary school principal in his too tight suits- image is everything. Sam would have gotten alot more out of last season's roster which should have made the playoffs in all respect. Jay's best suited as an assistant coach where he can buddy up with the players in my mind as his mentality is all offense not a lick of defense.

Also, if you are a fan of the Raptor's then you should know full well what I'm speaking on as it has nothing to do with developing personal relationships with players- this isn't love connection here, it's about holding players like Bargnani accountable for their on court play or lack thereof ie defense/boxing out, during games and/or film sessions instead of letting him run aloof on the court making the same mistakes(lack of effort) over and over again.

Remember Jay's infamous quote after that late season 20 point loss to Chicago- I Liked the effort, 'nuff said.
                Last edited by SirChillyMost; Fri Sep 3, 2010, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Remember Jay's infamous quote after that late season 20 point loss to Chicago- I Liked the effort, 'nuff said.
                  Ball.

Comment

How about the particulars that both Wright & Jack made public through the media? Jay's not a leader of men in the NBA he has the persona of a tree stump on the sidelines and looks like a elementary school principal in his too tight suits- image is everything. Sam would have gotten alot more out of last season's roster which should have made the playoffs in all respect. Jay's best suited as an assistant coach where he can buddy up with the players in my mind as his mentality is all offense not a lick of defense.

Also, if you are a fan of the Raptor's then you should know full well what I'm speaking on as it has nothing to do with developing personal relationships with players- this isn't love connection here, it's about holding players like Bargnani accountable for their on court play or lack thereof ie defense/boxing out, during games and/or film sessions instead of letting him run aloof on the court making the same mistakes(lack of effort) over and over again.

From time to time players will speak out of turn in the media that doesn't mean that the coach of that team is terrible. Last time I checked you couldn't put a muzzle on players off the court. Wright spoke out and now do you see him on the team? Hindsight is always 20/20 so we will never know if Sam would have gotten this team to the playoffs last season but we do know he had a very good team in 06/07 and look what happened? If Sam was really a good coach he would of been hired by another team very quickly to be their head coach but all he can get is an assistant coaching gig.
                    As for image, I'll let you in on something...fitted suits like Jay and BC wear have been THE style for about the last 5 years and continue to be IN style to this day. Sam was the one that needed lessons on style since he wore those awful baggy out of touch suits. If you don't agree just check any fashion mag, designer fashion show, network t.v show, studio movie or any major cosmopolitan city in the world.
                    Finally, your blanket comment on holding players like Bargnani accountable doesn't hold any weight because you weren't in the gym during practice or in film sessions or in the locker room before and after games. You don't know what Jay did or did not do all we do know is that Jay has to improve his coaching and his U.S basketball experience in this years FIBA tourney should help towards that very thing.

Comment

I think DeMar should take the reigns. Let him be the captain of this team like how Durant did in OKC. We are in similar position as them when they started. Young players in a new era, except they had more talented players. But let DeMar take the job of being captian.

Comment

blaze89 wrote: View Post
                        YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO TRIES TO FIND THESE POINTLESS HIDDEN MEANINGS. like seriously buddah, obviuosly captain jack is a nickname thats been used many times so in no way does it mean he is the captain i always like youre enthusiasm in finding things but you gotta find some better things to occupy youre time instead of trying to find hidden messages in tweets bro come on
                        Your diaper on your mouth is filling up.

Just saying
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Captain Jack... Sparrow? hmm... Well I for one think that Jose should be captain, he's been on the team awhile (none of this Klieza BS, he hasnt even played for the raps yet, come on people). DeMar is too young and he doesnt have the same role that Durant has with OKC. Amir would be okay I suppose <--- that ones for you Buddah.

Jose has heart and a captain is supposed to motivate, I always see Jose clapping, giving high 5's and just getting into the game. HE HAS HEART, NOT PMS LIKE JACK. I swear he gets more mood swings than Rosie Odonnell in heat. So what happens when jack feels mopey (which is like 50% of the time) ? Total Debbie Downer.

Comment

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                            From time to time players will speak out of turn in the media that doesn't mean that the coach of that team is terrible. Last time I checked you couldn't put a muzzle on players off the court. Wright spoke out and now do you see him on the team? Hindsight is always 20/20 so we will never know if Sam would have gotten this team to the playoffs last season but we do know he had a very good team in 06/07 and look what happened? If Sam was really a good coach he would of been hired by another team very quickly to be their head coach but all he can get is an assistant coaching gig.
                            As for image, I'll let you in on something...fitted suits like Jay and BC wear have been THE style for about the last 5 years and continue to be IN style to this day. Sam was the one that needed lessons on style since he wore those awful baggy out of touch suits. If you don't agree just check any fashion mag, designer fashion show, network t.v show, studio movie or any major cosmopolitan city in the world.
                            Finally, your blanket comment on holding players like Bargnani accountable doesn't hold any weight because you weren't in the gym during practice or in film sessions or in the locker room before and after games. You don't know what Jay did or did not do all we do know is that Jay has to improve his coaching and his U.S basketball experience in this years FIBA tourney should help towards that very thing.
                            From time to time- save that dry drama drag who do you think you are talking to- Willie Foo Foo?

Sam would have held players like Turk & Bargnani accountable something Jay didn't do- until too late in the season with the Turk situation. Mabey Sam wanted to collect his money from TO as payback for being done dirty by BC ie Sam fired at 8-9 compared to Jay who finished up at 25-40 and was extended by BC (Bull Chit). I don't think that Sam was the problem perhaps it was that facetious slimmed down rosterthat BC hyped as that 2006-07 team was full of highly questionable talent. Fyi- Sam is the lead assistant for AJohnson.

Sam has more swag in his pinky than Jay or BC with their tight suits & played out collars respectively. Sam made the Rap's look good plus they over achieved under him as we now see with Jay in charge the Rap's under achieve.

AWright (so what that he's not in TO he's still in the NBA) & Jack both insinuated in the media that it was Bargnani not being held accountable all one had to do is watch the Raptor's play last season and watch all of his defensive mistakes game after game not to mention the lack of rebounding/boxing out ie effort and put the media comments together.

FIBA & the NBA are two totally different styles of play Jay can get all the IBAS experience in the World he still isn't a leader of men in the NBA as a head coach- his lack of player accountability cost the Raptor's the palyoffs last season- point blank.

As long as Jay is the head coach and BC the GM/President TO will not make the playoffs- something that they did twice under Sam.

Comment

From time to time- save that dry drama drag who do you think you are talking to- Willie Foo Foo?

Sam would have held players like Turk & Bargnani accountable something Jay didn't do- until too late in the season with the Turk situation. Mabey Sam wanted to collect his money from TO as payback for being done dirty by BC ie Sam fired at 8-9 compared to Jay who finished up at 25-40 and was extended by BC (Bull Chit). I don't think that Sam was the problem perhaps it was that facetious slimmed down rosterthat BC hyped as that 2006-07 team was full of highly questionable talent. Fyi- Sam is the lead assistant for AJohnson.

Sam has more swag in his pinky than Jay or BC with their tight suits & played out collars respectively. Sam made the Rap's look good plus they over achieved under him as we now see with Jay in charge the Rap's under achieve.

AWright (so what that he's not in TO he's still in the NBA) & Jack both insinuated in the media that it was Bargnani not being held accountable all one had to do is watch the Raptor's play last season and watch all of his defensive mistakes game after game not to mention the lack of rebounding/boxing out ie effort and put the media comments together.

FIBA & the NBA are two totally different styles of play Jay can get all the IBAS experience in the World he still isn't a leader of men in the NBA as a head coach- his lack of player accountability cost the Raptor's the palyoffs last season- point blank.

As long as Jay is the head coach and BC the GM/President TO will not make the playoffs- something that they did twice under Sam.
                              Do you listen to yourself?
                              Who cares what Wright said? Accountable? Who held Wright accontable for being an idiot on the court and thinking he was the new offensive weapon and stealing shots from far better players? Who held Wright accountable for dissing teamates in the media?
                              Jack should have also kept his mouth shut. Leaders do not do their leading in the media.
                              Wright was and is a bum. Jack while vocal enough to be the team's leader should not be simply because he spoke out to the media rather than internally.
                              As for Mitchell having swag maybe in your neck of the woods, but both B.C. and Triano put him to shame in the fashion department.

Comment

Dry drama drag??? Save that incoherent nonsensical expression for your boys...Your sense of style is as out of touch as Sam's ability to get the most out of his players. Sam overachieved??? He had a good team in 06/07 that happened to be in the worst division and an overall weak conference that season, with the end result of a first round exit in the playoffs? My point again, is that if Sam was such a great head coach he would be doing that somewhere in the league and not just a "top" assistant.
                                BC understood that Sam had lost control of that 07/08 team and the end result was another first round and out and it didn't get any better after 17 games of the 08/09 season and HE made the RIGHT decision to fire his ass.
                                You also fail to consider the fact that Jay is coaching along side some of the leagues best and that experience is very valuable. The differences in play is not that great and the point is that he should be able to get that "leadership ability" developed better from his time around those great coaches. Not to mention a better understanding of team defense and all the other areas that a successful team works on to achieve that success.

Comment

Working...
                                X