OFFICIAL: Stojakovic & Bayless to the Raptors for Jack, Banks & Andersen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbihis wrote: View Post
    Anthony would be an awesome addition, but wouldnt getting him hinder the development of Demar, Sonny and Davis? For sure Melo's going to chuck at least 20 shots a night....
    Would NJ be willing to give Favors up for a rental player??? Iv heard rumors he wont resign there ...
    For Toronto and Denver the trade would be win win heres why.

Toronto would essentially only be giving up Alabi who we traded for a 2nd round pick,, plus evans whos we wont resign cuz of ed davis and amir.
    Denver could get a replacement for kenyon martin in reggie..a potential solid defensive cnetre in alabi and a replacement for billups in bayless and first rounder if u ask me i think thats better than what NJ has to offer.

And so even if Anothony is just a rental for the end of th year we dont loose much, and we have a chance to compete this year.

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
      With JJ being a sort of mentor to the Younggunz/onze, would him being traded hurt their development or maturity going forward? Also, I hope Peja is not included or to be shipped elsewhere...Im getting Turkoglu vibes thinking about him.
      completely different types of players.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        Well, since Carmelo is already an expiring contract, the deal would basically be Alabi, Bayless and a late first rounder for Anthony. Let me ask you, would YOU do that? Especially when New Jersey is apparently offering, among other players Derrick Favors? That's only slightly better than what Toronto got for Chris Bosh. And that was a sign and trade.
        Would NJ be willing to give Favors up for a rental player??? Iv heard rumors he wont resign there ...

Toronto would essentially only be giving up Alabi who we traded for a 2nd round pick,, plus evans whos we wont resign cuz of ed davis and amir.
        Denver could get a replacement for kenyon martin in reggie..a potential solid defensive cnetre in alabi and a replacement for billups in bayless and first rounder if u ask me i think thats better than what NJ has to offer.

And so even if Anothony is just a rental for the end of th year we dont loose much, and we have a chance to compete this year.

Comment

Can Stoko play the 4?!

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post

You give up the development of your young players and delay by a season the Raptors actually having a competitive team that's ceiling is no higher than the 7th or 8th seed. You also give up a high lottery pick for a 15-18 pick if they make the playoffs and 12-14 if they do not which is entirely a realistic possibility.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              Buy them a really nice skidoo and lease him a really nice igloo with a personal security system. (ie. husky)
              im serious doc! is there really no way we can convice an elite player to come and play here??

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                You give up the development of your young players and delay by a season the Raptors actually having a competitive team that's ceiling is no higher than the 7th or 8th seed. You also give up a high lottery pick for a 15-18 pick if they make the playoffs and 12-14 if they do not which is entirely a realistic possibility.
                Just to clarify Id be only willing to part with the miami's pick which we got in the bosh sign and trade. Plus if we get melo i would be shocked if we didnt get homecourt

Bargnani
                Amir
                Melo
                Derozan
                Calderone

Bench
                Dorsey
                Davis
                Kleiza
                Weems
                Barbosa

Comment

im serious doc! is there really no way we can convice an elite player to come and play here??
                  How to convince an elite player to come and play here:

1) Target a player who is 25/26 and has a few years to spare rather a player in late 20's and looking for now.
                  2) Have a foundation of young and talented players who are still developing and showing promise.
                  3) Over pay.
                  4) Convince them they are the missing piece.

Two players who immediately come to my mind: Marc Gasol and Jeff Green.

Comment

Anthony would be an awesome addition, but wouldnt getting him hinder the development of Demar, Sonny and Davis? For sure Melo's going to chuck at least 20 shots a night....
                    Melo is what we're looking for DeMar or a Sonny to turn into, how could that hinder the team? He's already one of the elites, but you'd rather give shots to two players with the hopes they one day get somewhere close to his level? I don't know about that logic man...

P.S. Ain't no way Melo is coming

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                      That would be a pipe dream.
                      ya i know... LOL i was hating on okafor before the season started too. but after a few months of watching bargnani play defence id trade him for okafor if i could at this point LOL. if it wasnt for bargs scoring of late id want to trade him for a rack of basketballs if i could LOL

Comment

Just to clarify Id be only willing to part with the miami's pick which we got in the bosh sign and trade. Plus if we get melo i would be shocked if we didnt get homecourt

Bargnani
                        Amir
                        Melo
                        Derozan
                        Calderone

Bench
                        Dorsey
                        Davis
                        Kleiza
                        Weems
                        Barbosa
                        If the Raps stay the course, they are looking at top 5 pick.

Trading Miami's pick does not impact my previous post regarding the Raptors draft position.

There is no chance the Raptors get 4th seed with the addition of Melo - just my opinion, not an attack on your's.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                          ya i know... LOL i was hating on okafor before the season started too. but after a few months of watching bargnani play defence id trade him for okafor if i could at this point LOL. if it wasnt for bargs scoring of late id want to trade him for a rack of basketballs if i could LOL
                          lolll that made no sense thats like saying if it wasn't for nash's assists lebrons dunks ray allens 3 pointers kobe's 5 rings and 81 points id trade them all for mam du enji

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                            Melo is what we're looking for DeMar or a Sonny to turn into, how could that hinder the team? He's already one of the elites, but you'd rather give shots to two players with the hopes they one day get somewhere close to his level? I don't know about that logic man...

P.S. Ain't no way Melo is coming
                            The p.s. is +1.

The hinderence of development would be because Melo would be using TOR as a stop-over on the way to whatever team he wants to play for this summer as an unrestricted free agent.

Comment

lolll that made no sense thats like saying if it wasn't for nash's assists lebrons dunks ray allens 3 pointers kobe's 5 rings and 81 points id trade them all for mam du enji
                              ok ill clerify myself, since bargs is scoring a decent amount id want somthing decent in return for him... if he wasnt scoring hed be doing nothing... he dont defend or rebound.... so in that case id trade him for a rack of basketballs... u get it now??????
                              Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sat Nov 20, 2010, 04:05 PM.

Comment

All this Melo talk should be in the Trade forum, I don't think there's ever even been a hint of a rumour that he'd be traded here. Besides, the proposal given on this thread is just ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X