Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colangelo's Job Safe Long Term? (New article referenced in post #115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Why not? He is making them ton of profit while branding this garbage of a team. Who cares if he has been here for 5 years and after all that time, all that money, we get blown out by a 10 win team like last night !!

At the end of the day MLSE is all about the profit and as long as you have Kool-Aid drinking fans who buy the garbage that BC is selling, then BC is gonna stay here no matter how the team is performing.
    Who replaces him? Can they do a better job? If you can't answer the first confidently and the second with a 'yes' then next question... I mentioned Pritchard in another thread but only because I forced myself to pick a name. I don't think he's as good as Colangelo.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      I don't think he's as good as Colangelo.
      Apollo

The question we have to ask our self is:

How good BC has really been ? What has he done in the last 5 years that makes us think the others can not do !!!

You Judge a GM based on his final product. It has been five years and he had cap flexibility, 1st over all pick, 150% support from Organization and ....

The End Result : A team that was Blown out by Wolfs in its last game and is competing to finish at the for bottom 4 in the NBA.

I don't BC is setting the Bar that high for guy who should replace him, Does he ???

Comment

Apollo

How good BC has really been ? What has he done in the last 5 years that makes us think the others can not do !!!

You Judge a GM based on his final product. It has been five years and he had cap flexibility, 1st over all pick, 150% support from Organization and ....

The End Result : A team that was Blown out by Wolfs in its last game and is competing to finish at the for bottom 4 in the NBA.

I don't BC is setting the Bar that high for guy who should replace him, Does he ???
        Cap Flexibility: Spend it on Andre Miller or Versatile Forward who led his team to the Playoffs the year prior. +1 BC.

#1 Pick: Pick a combo guard with TERRIBLE knees. A power forward who is IDENTICAL to our current All-Star Big Man. Or a Versatile, Smooth shooting 7 footer, who is often compared to Dirk by scouts the world over. +1 BC.

Bottom 4 Team in the League: GOOD! WTF man. This is a rebuilding year. Did you expect us to compete for the Championship? We'll have a HIGH draft pick, while also having amassed a glut of young talent and assets. +1 BC.
        Last edited by Joey; Mon Jan 31, 2011, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Apollo

Who are you going to replace him with and is that person better than Colangelo? If you don't like your pilot do you fire him at 30,000 feet and replace him with a flight attendant?

Comment

Who are you going to replace him with and is that person better than Colangelo? If you don't like your pilot do you fire him at 30,000 feet and replace him with a flight attendant?
            hahahaha Nice analogy.

Comment

• And for those of you who point to Sacremento, Clippers, Minni etc. as being better off; please remember that for them to actually get to this point, they've probably had to lose about 100 more games than we have in the last 4 years. I for one am glad BC hasn't been just trying to coast and collect high picks. We've been battling for Playoffs spots while those other teams have been licking the dirt off the floor.

Comment

• I don't think the Kings are any further ahead and they've been losing for a half decade. The Clippers have been pathetic for decades, with very minor spikes here and there. I know they're going to figure out a way to drop the ball now.

Comment

I don't think we are at the 30,000 feet anymore. With all the Cap room thanks to paying Peja and Evans coming off the book, we are safely starting from ground, from the bottom.

Now, that I managed to some how miraculously to land with that Moron of a Pilot, do I want to go on another joy ride with him ?? My answer is NO. I don't want him to tie me down with another Hedo signing or make even a bigger blunder.

Now, as far as replacement, Both you and I know these things takes time and research and ... It is not like picking Pepsi versus coke with my Kobe beef for lunch.

One has to sit back and see who is available with GM history. Who is available at successful organizations ( OKC , San Antonio or ...) who has worked with their GM for years but was never a GM ? Which GM is willing to move from him current Gig and ....

I think it is childish to say we want BC to stay in Power because Raptor4Ever in RR could not come with a suitable succession !!!

the only name on top of my head is the old Portland GM for now but I am sure, if we do our homework right, we will find someone.

As I said earlier, the bar is not set that high thanks to major screw ups by BC.

Comment

• I think before we go on a rant demanding him fired we should know the consequences of him being fired. Sort of a be careful what you wish for because you might get it.

Also, we don't know what sort of cap space there will be. Those cap cutting measures, in my opinion, are being made to hedge against the cap dropping significantly with a new CBA. It may wash out that the Raptors have little money to play with in FA but are financially in line with the new CBA.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Cap Flexibility: Spend it on Andre Miller or Versatile Forward who led his team to the Playoffs the year prior. +1 BC.

#1 Pick: Pick a combo guard with TERRIBLE knees. A power forward who is IDENTICAL to our current All-Star Big Man. Or a Versatile, Smooth shooting 7 footer, who is often compared to Dirk by scouts the world over. +1 BC.
                      And his team has been competing for years, has ton of other young talents in its roaster who are the envy of the league and has been playing beautiful basketball for god knows how many years after the mess that they were in.

That is more than I can say about Raptors.

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Bottom 4 Team in the League: GOOD! WTF man. This is a rebuilding year. Did you expect us to compete for the Championship?
                      No I mean we are rebuilding but why are we rebuilding after 5 years again !! Oh, I forgot, it is because of Bosh, that big bad man who ruined everything for BC.

I am in charge of a big project at my work which was suppose to show some results after one year. I spent tons of money but every few month, I saw that it was not working so I broke it down and started from scratch.

Last time, I did that it was 2 weeks ago. My boss came to my office this morning and said:

Raptor4Ever, show me some result. It has been almost a year and you sepnt all this money and I have been paying you ton of cash and ....

But Thank god, I had read your post this morning and knew what to say and used your logic and this is what I said:

WTF man !!! I just redesigned the whole project and I am starting from the scratch. What do you mean you want F**ing result ?
                      But listen, you will have a great documentation and paper work with this new trials of mine.

You know what happened !!! He laughed and said, Great Job Raptor4Ever, here is a new contract for you for 5 years plus, bonus and pay raise.

I tell you, thanks to you, things are rosy in Raptor4Ever's office today.

Comment

And his team has been competing for years, has ton of other young talents in its roaster who are the envy of the league and has been playing beautiful basketball for god knows how many years after the mess that they were in.

That is more than I can say about Raptors.

No I mean we are rebuilding but why are we rebuilding after 5 years again !! Oh, I forgot, it is because of Bosh, that big bad man who ruined everything for BC.

I am in charge of a big project at my work which was suppose to show some results after one year. I spent tons of money but every few month, I saw that it was not working so I broke it down and started from scratch.

Last time, I did that it was 2 weeks ago. My boss came to my office this morning and said:

Raptor4Ever, show me some result. It has been almost a year and you sepnt all this money and I have been paying you ton of cash and ....

But Thank god, I had read your post this morning and knew what to say and used your logic and this is what I said:

WTF man !!! I just redesigned the whole project and I am starting from the scratch. What do you mean you want F**ing result ?
                        But listen, you will have a great documentation and paper work with this new trials of mine.

You know what happened !!! He laughed and said, Great Job Raptor4Ever, here is a new contract for you for 5 years plus, bonus and pay raise.

I tell you, thanks to you, things are rosy in Raptor4Ever's office today.
                        Nice analogy.

However, allow me a couple of changes to it, if you will.

It's not "I just redesigned the whole project, and am starting from scratch"; its "Our Star designer, who's been here for years, even before the Project Manager, just up and left and everything that we were working toward was based on him finishing the project with us. Obviously there was a chance he could have been offered another, more lucrative job at another firm, but to assume that, and too work based on that assumption, is not doing the firm a service. He left, so now using the remaining mediocre designers, the PM must now find a new path forward that the CURRENT team can work within. When your next best designer on a Project is a 7 year old girl, well, it might take some more time to get results. But we understand the need for a change in scope to the project, and support the new path which produce a tighter, more efficient building that will last alot longer."

NOTE: I'm an architect, so the analogy naturally went in that direction. :P haha

Comment

• How is it that, "The old GM from Portland" is all people can come up with?
                          Do some research. Learn his name. Learn what he did to get fired.
                          Learn about the screw-ups on his end.

You're trying to tell me that if BC drafted Oden over Durant, we'd still be singing his praises?

Comment

• This hindsight thing on Oden over Durant is pure B.S. in my opinion. Oden was the consensus number one and people heralded Pritchard for making the pick. Oden was supposed to be a franchise changer on the level of Dwight Howard. You can't come back to this four years later and slam him for it when you didn't criticize it from the get go. It's like an overweight guy standing outside a DQ hounding people for downing Blizzards when he was only in there an hour ago downing two himself. There is no credibility and it's kind of ridiculous.

Comment

This hindsight thing on Oden over Durant is pure B.S. in my opinion. Oden was the consensus number one and people heralded Pritchard for making the pick. Oden was supposed to be a franchise changer on the level of Dwight Howard. You can't come back to this four years later and slam him for it when you didn't criticize it from the get go. It's like an overweight guy standing outside a DQ hounding people for downing Blizzards. There is no credibility and it's kind of ridiculous.
                              I'm not sure he was 'consensus'. I remember quite alot of talk of Durant potentially being selected number 1, and I for one, remember being quite shocked that they didn't select Durant. So I have been quite critical of the pick from Day 1.

And if a 'Franchise Center' is a guy who comes out and says he doesn't even really like basketball; is injured his entire college career (more or less); and can barely walk up and down the stairs, then sure.

All I'm saying if that were BC, then he would never live down the day he passed up the chance to Select the MVP of the world. But because it was Pritchard, people seem to have such short memories. I don't really understand it.

Comment

• I don't remember seeing any mock drafts with Durant going #1 and I don't remember any commentary by media types criticizing Pritchard for selecting Oden #1.

2007:
                                The best big-man prospect to enter the draft since Tim Duncan. He's the favorite to be the No. 1 pick.
                                Source: ESPN.com

He will team with last season's rookie of the year, Brandon Roy. These two could be on their way to becoming a formidable inside-outside combination to rival Yao and T-Mac of Houston and Tim Duncan and Tony Parker of San Antonio. Oden's defense alone will be worth 10 more wins.
                                Source: USAtoday.com

Greg Oden was an obvious pick that takes this team’s potential to a whole new level.
                                Source: Draftexpress.com

Oden was the safe and logical pick at No. 1
                                Source: SI.com

Comment

Working...
                                X