Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boo Birds Warming Their Vocal Chords?(Bosh Responds: "Bring it on" post #122)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=tbihis;65191]
    Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Would it be too much to ask for someone to give Bosh the Paul Pierce knee-to-da-gonads treatment and then mug over him when he's on the ground.

That would be awesome to see again.

But that instance said a lot as to what kind of franchise player he was. He got clobbered and no raptor even reacted. That says a lot as to what type of a leader he was. Sure he got the numbers day in and day out, but if your troops really dont rally around you during your time of need then thats more painful than getting hit on the nads.

He hit that game winner in Atlanta and everybody was pumped up and he just rushed to the bench to sit down. nuff said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHDKXfTEzNA
    Sorry, gat to disagree with you there about Bosh being hit in the gonads and none of his teammmtes standing up for him is a reflection of his leadership. If it happened this year to Bargs too, no one would do that on this team. The team we have is a team of nice guys(teams that are a staple of BC, BC does not want bad personality guys in the dressing room even though some have talent and that talent might be good enough to get your team over the hump as long as they are controlled a la the New York Jets(once the New York Jets have a pro-bowl linebacker to stop the run, Rex Ryans team is due for a Superbowl imo because of the defense and the receiving core of Braylon Edwards and Sanantonio Holmes(a bad personality to someone like BC but we cant deny he has talent - he made a pretty clutch catch in Superbowl XLIII to give the Steelers their 2nd championship under Big Ben and he does not fold up in the playoffs unlike the hall-of-famer Ladainian Tomlinson), I can take that bad personality as long as he is checked(see also Randolph and OJ Mayo with the Memphis Grizzlies and they are battling for the 8th spot in the tough tough Western conference or Stephen Jackson willing the Charlotte Bobcats to their first playoffs)) and what is that saying again - nice guys finish last(thought you knew about that, it applies to all spheres of life not dating alone lol). So that is a really terrible assumption on your part and I can not as much as disagree with you respectively imo.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
      Agree. I think the worst part was when he was saying he decided at the last minute that he was going to South Beach. Common thats bullshit. A big change in your life and youre deciding a day before the big event? What makes me ticked is he kept going around in circles and making us Torontonians, raptors fans specifically, look stupid, thinking we should believe that he did decide at the last minute. And dont get me wrong, BC is a moron too for not trading him when he was supposed to, but BC's still here.
      i dont know if you have ever had 2 offers of something at the same time, whether it's jobs, schools, girls, places to live, ice cream flavors...

but sometimes you go back and forth right up until the time you decide...

what is so bad about that ?

people at mcdonalds cant make up their minds because they are overwhelmed with so many options... its called BEING HUMAN

Comment

"I hope they don't boo him... He was my teammate and he was good to me"

-- Andrea Bargnani

“As a player . . . you know what takes place in between the lines, and why people make decisions they make. So that’s why it’s harder for a player to have those bitter, ill feelings toward another player. I understand the fans wholeheartedly. (But) if the fans knew everything that went on, they’d probably have a different outlook.”

-- Alvin Williams

“I wouldn’t boo him. It’s just a basketball game and he just made a business decision. It wasn’t like a personal decision. It was just he wanted to play for the Miami Heat. It’s not a loyal business. Kareem-Abdul Jabbar played for two teams, [Michael Jordan] played for two teams, so there’s no loyalty in the business. This is a business..... I wouldn't foul him hard.... Chris is a professional. Great teammate. First class guy, on time, worked hard. He did great on the court, so I have nothing negative to say about him."

-- Reggie Evans

“The only thing I can say is … he was a great teammate, a great friend, he played really good for us and gave us a lot of wins... I think he did a lot of good things for this organization"

-- Jose Calderon

(Somehow, I'm sensing that there isn't much animosity amongst the players and we're not seeing a Pierce/Bosh moment....)

Comment

jd4 wrote: View Post
          Don't understand all the hate on for Bosh. After VC left, Bosh was the only reason The Raptors remained somewhat relevant around the league. How many times was he and he alone who kept the Raptors in a ton of games while those around him did nothing. He also did a lot of off court stuff for the community and represented the Raptors with class. Whether or not her quit after last year's All Star break is hard to say. You could argue both ways but it's hard to prove. At the end of the day, if you look at Bosh's body of work in T.Dot over his 7 years, the good far outweighs the so called bad. Yes, the manner in which he left was childish. But you know what, his a 26 year old kid caught up in the Hollywood hype. A lot of people would have had their heads inflated had they got the almost cult like status he got here in T.Dot. I anticipate most of the fans will boo Bosh on Wednesday. Yet, if you really wanted to send a message around the league, to players and fans alike, why not give him an appreciative round of applause when his name is introduced. After that, if you want to boo him because he's a member of the Heat and you want the Raps to win, by all means go ahead and do that. But giving him an appreciative round of applause during introductions would send a message that Raptor fans aren't bitter and jilted fans but rather mature fans who understand that players come and go. T.Dot fans are known to cheer for guys who bust their butts when playing. Bosh did that for most of his time here. Why not cheer that and show the league that we have classy fans here.
          +1, couldn't agree more and it's a great idea.

Bosh didn't come in a total douche. He was a pretty humble kid until recently as far as I could tell. I'd definitely say I'm a basketball media junkie but I try to filter out the gossip. This is basketball, not D-Listed. I couldn't care less about twittergate. I was madder that Bargs couldn't get us to the finish line. We were going to miss the playoffs and lose our most valuable player largely because of one bad roll of the dice by Colangelo.

At least we didn't get stuck paying for Alonzo and the Williams brothers.
          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=smushmush;65286]
            tbihis wrote: View Post

Sorry, gat to disagree with you there about Bosh being hit in the gonads and none of his teammmtes standing up for him is a reflection of his leadership. If it happened this year to Bargs too, no one would do that on this team. The team we have is a team of nice guys(teams that are a staple of BC, BC does not want bad personality guys in the dressing room even though some have talent and that talent might be good enough to get your team over the hump as long as they are controlled a la the New York Jets(once the New York Jets have a pro-bowl linebacker to stop the run, Rex Ryans team is due for a Superbowl imo because of the defense and the receiving core of Braylon Edwards and Sanantonio Holmes(a bad personality to someone like BC but we cant deny he has talent - he made a pretty clutch catch in Superbowl XLIII to give the Steelers their 2nd championship under Big Ben and he does not fold up in the playoffs unlike the hall-of-famer Ladainian Tomlinson), I can take that bad personality as long as he is checked(see also Randolph and OJ Mayo with the Memphis Grizzlies and they are battling for the 8th spot in the tough tough Western conference or Stephen Jackson willing the Charlotte Bobcats to their first playoffs)) and what is that saying again - nice guys finish last(thought you knew about that, it applies to all spheres of life not dating alone lol). So that is a really terrible assumption on your part and I can not as much as disagree with you respectively imo.
            I dont think you should be assuming that if Bargs gets hit that none of the current raps will react. if they dont, it just proves all along what most of the guys here are saying, that bargs is not or ever will be the franchise player of this team, well, because his teammates dont have his back, but there may well be other reasons for him not being a franchise player but i would say thats one of them. doesnt matter how nice the guys are, if there's a team bond that exists, theyre going to get pissed when one of them goes down. i think you saw how JJ went up to ariza when he swung that elbow at demar, and since then people have been saying how JJ was getting to be a leader on the court and in the locker room. and you cant compare guys who defend their teammates to guys who do drugs, question authority and disrespects management and other teammates. you may be right, maybe if we get these guys, a change of scenery will make them change, but do you really think the raps should take a risk like that with a junior coach, young players and town who's rep is of partying proportions? IMO, youre making the terrible assumptions and comparison. but hey, its a forum, we all have our quirky opinions.

Comment

karim_nasir wrote: View Post
              i dont know if you have ever had 2 offers of something at the same time, whether it's jobs, schools, girls, places to live, ice cream flavors...

but sometimes you go back and forth right up until the time you decide...

what is so bad about that ?

people at mcdonalds cant make up their minds because they are overwhelmed with so many options... its called BEING HUMAN
              youre comparing lining up at mcdonalds and deciding what to order to choosing a championship team vs accepting millions of dollars. common man, if youre going to defend your POV, you have to come up with something better than that. Bosh was in the twilight of his career, do you really think he was weighing his options AT THE LAST MINUTE between going back to a mediocre team versus possibly winning a championship? Maybe youre right, maybe he did wait at the last minute, then decided at the last hour that he was going to miami instead of toronto, then got himself a bigmac. makes sense to me.

Wow, i wish i had that dilemma if it was that easy.

Comment

karim_nasir wrote: View Post
                all these people who hate bosh, probably would do EXACT same thing, if they were given an oppurtunity to go play with not one but 2 of the top 5 playes of our generation, in miami of all places, and a chance at winning multiple championships

or

play in toronto with jose, andrea, and turk as the core of the team for the next 5 years...

yea bosh is really a douche for not picking toronto...
                not really sure where youve been all this time but i think a lot of us here have been in agreement that its not that he left, but the manner that he did it in.

i mean even you aint that dumb to pick toronto over miami. even i would do it. its the BS of how he did it.

Comment

reggie miller got booed in new york... MJ got booed in cleveland.. majic got booed in boston.. bird got booed in LA..

why are you all so opposed to toronto having an antagonist?

what would justify booing in your books?

were you happy to witness kobe score 81 points on the raptors? did you revere him for it?

i'm a raptors fan.. i fucking hate him for it.. evertime he goes up for layup or rebound, i hope his ankle snaps when it lands back on the court.

Comment

DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
                    "I hope they don't boo him... He was my teammate and he was good to me"

-- Andrea Bargnani

“As a player . . . you know what takes place in between the lines, and why people make decisions they make. So that’s why it’s harder for a player to have those bitter, ill feelings toward another player. I understand the fans wholeheartedly. (But) if the fans knew everything that went on, they’d probably have a different outlook.”

-- Alvin Williams

“I wouldn’t boo him. It’s just a basketball game and he just made a business decision. It wasn’t like a personal decision. It was just he wanted to play for the Miami Heat. It’s not a loyal business. Kareem-Abdul Jabbar played for two teams, [Michael Jordan] played for two teams, so there’s no loyalty in the business. This is a business..... I wouldn't foul him hard.... Chris is a professional. Great teammate. First class guy, on time, worked hard. He did great on the court, so I have nothing negative to say about him."

-- Reggie Evans

“The only thing I can say is … he was a great teammate, a great friend, he played really good for us and gave us a lot of wins... I think he did a lot of good things for this organization"

-- Jose Calderon

(Somehow, I'm sensing that there isn't much animosity amongst the players and we're not seeing a Pierce/Bosh moment....)
                    Keep in mind these are all people who are his friends or play or work with people who are his friends. Also keep in mind that most people don't like getting into public spats. It's bad pub.

Comment

Do not boo.

The reason you don't boo the man is very selfish from the teams perspective. Booing the player that gave your team 6.5 great years will do the team no favors. How would you ever convince players to sign here if the franchise has a reputation of throwing past players under the bus. Vince is justified, but Bosh certainly isn't. Booing this man would be an embarrassment to the fan-base. And it would be disrespectful to the man who bled for this team and carried them through some extremely tumultuous years.

He is the ONLY reason we ever made the post season. He is the ONLY reason we even began to talk about 50 win seasons. And he is the ONLY reason we were able to recruit top level NBA talent in an effort to push this team onto bigger and better things.

So we should applaud the man who devoted himself to this city and this team. Anything less is an embarrassment for the fans.
                      Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Word is out Chris Bosh. Based on Melo's recent comments the players think how Bosh handled the Raptors was terrible. It's not just the fans. Bosh was very unprofessional. Booing him isn't going to change a thing but it could make some fans feel better.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                          reggie miller got booed in new york... MJ got booed in cleveland.. majic got booed in boston.. bird got booed in LA..

why are you all so opposed to toronto having an antagonist?

what would justify booing in your books?

were you happy to witness kobe score 81 points on the raptors? did you revere him for it?

i'm a raptors fan.. i fucking hate him for it.. evertime he goes up for layup or rebound, i hope his ankle snaps when it lands back on the court.
                          then chokes on his own blood.

Comment

jesus christ... seriously people... you're condoning giving the visiting team a pleasant environment to play in ON THE ROAD.

fuck that noise.

boo the shit out of anybody and everybody not in raptors uniform. boo the douches who show up to the acc with the opposing teams jerseys on. boo the asshole a few rows ahead of you who's girlfriend is hotter than yours. heckle the opposing team for missing shootaround shots. make them hate it here.

i'd rather have a crap team than a fan-base made up of conscientous pussies.

it's not about chris bosh. to hell with chris bosh. to hell with his years of "good service" here. to hell with how he left. HE IS ON THE TEAM TRYING TO BEAT OUR TEAM.

BOO HIM.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
                              The reason you don't boo the man is very selfish from the teams perspective. Booing the player that gave your team 6.5 great years will do the team no favors. How would you ever convince players to sign here if the franchise has a reputation of throwing past players under the bus. Vince is justified, but Bosh certainly isn't. Booing this man would be an embarrassment to the fan-base. And it would be disrespectful to the man who bled for this team and carried them through some extremely tumultuous years.

He is the ONLY reason we ever made the post season. He is the ONLY reason we even began to talk about 50 win seasons. And he is the ONLY reason we were able to recruit top level NBA talent in an effort to push this team onto bigger and better things.

So we should applaud the man who devoted himself to this city and this team. Anything less is an embarrassment for the fans.
                              sorry but your reasoning doesnt make sense. why will potential raptors players think about whats going to happen to them when they leave this team, even before signing here????? that really doesnt make sense. Kyrie Irving thinking, hhhmmm, i dont want to get drafted by the raps because when i leave, theyre going to boo me. hahaha thats funny.

easy on the atlas references with chris bosh. youre putting the world on bosh's shoulders. he may be a big part of the playoffs appearances but he's not the only one. newsflash, there are 9 other players in the rotation, they all deserve credit as much as bosh.

sadly, as the saying goes, you make a million right things in your life but one bad mistake and thats what youre going to be remembered for. and for that mistake i say boo him.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                                jesus christ... seriously people... you're condoning giving the visiting team a pleasant environment to play in ON THE ROAD.

fuck that noise.

boo the shit out of anybody and everybody not in raptors uniform. boo the douches who show up to the acc with the opposing teams jerseys on. boo the asshole a few rows ahead of you who's girlfriend is hotter than yours. heckle the opposing team for missing shootaround shots. make them hate it here.

i'd rather have a crap team than a fan-base made up of conscientous pussies.

it's not about chris bosh. to hell with chris bosh. to hell with his years of "good service" here. to hell with how he left. HE IS ON THE TEAM TRYING TO BEAT OUR TEAM.

BOO HIM.
                                hahahaha. some just go the ACC coz of free tickets, and to have a good time.

Comment

Working...
                                X