• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maleko wrote: View Post
    Definitely.
    Hell yea

Comment

• When we first acquired Johnson last year, there was a lot of talk about his Lamar Odom-like skills (specifically referring to his point foward skills). We haven't heard anything about utilizing those skills this season.

But over the past 2 games, I've noticed Johnson taking it upon himself to run the ball upcourt when he secures a defensive rebound. It's something I'd like to see happen more often.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        When we first acquired Johnson last year, there was a lot of talk about his Lamar Odom-like skills (specifically referring to his point foward skills). We haven't heard anything about utilizing those skills this season.

But over the past 2 games, I've noticed Johnson taking it upon himself to run the ball upcourt when he secures a defensive rebound. It's something I'd like to see happen more often.
        I've noticed the same thing. And he makes great passes, and doesn't try to do too much with it

Comment

• Fantasy

Since getting promoted into the starting five on Jan. 18, Johnson has started 19 straight games. During two of those games, Bargnani was active -- yet Johnson still played 36.9 minutes per night.

Coach Dwane Casey loves defense, loves guys that work hard and therefore loves Johnson. He recently said Johnson was “close” to becoming a part of his core.

“He’s getting there. He has developed more trust,” Casey said. “The first part of the year he was trying to discover America with the ball, but he has done a much better job of simplifying his game and playing much more under control.”

Over those last 19 games, Johnson is playing 27.1 minutes. That’s a sustainable number, and so are the 1.5 blocks and 1.4 steals that come with it.
          Source: Rotoworld.com

Pat yourself on the back if you got him at a good price in your drafts. I can't remember what he went for in our league I just know I had trouble winning any Raptors players for prices I thought were reasonable.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            When we first acquired Johnson last year, there was a lot of talk about his Lamar Odom-like skills (specifically referring to his point foward skills). We haven't heard anything about utilizing those skills this season.

The thing i like most about having JJ play point forward is when the ball goes up, he's the closest one manning the backcourt. And having your best defender stopping the opponent's fastbreak is certainly a good thing.

Also, JJ knows he's a good defender, he knows he's a defensive presence so he doesnt try to overcompensate on D. He doesnt chase around opponents, but rather cuts them off and anticipates where the opponent will be receiving the pass.

Is he starter material? I definitely think so. He may not score a ton of points, but since he can guard the 2 (Kobe, Wade), 3(Lebron, Durant) and 4(Dirk), having those players not score points is a good trade with him not scoring any points either
            Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Tue Feb 28, 2012, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• I'm becoming more and more sold on the idea of James Johnson being our future starter. He is a very good defender, he's young and improving, he's very big at the three while still being fast, and he does what I like my small forwards to do: rebound and shot block. Wilson Chandler and Batum and both attractive options that are miles ahead of Johnson in terms of their offense, but JJ is as good or better than either of them on the glass and Johnson is a far better shot blocker and help defender. Right now he leads all small forwards in blocks per 48. HES AHEAD OF JOSH SMITH! He's second in per game in case your wondering. I'm pretty comfortable with him as our starter.
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• i'm quite pleased with his improvement this year and attitude, but i love him off the bench as a 6th man type role. his energy would be a huge boost.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  i'm quite pleased with his improvement this year and attitude, but i love him off the bench as a 6th man type role. his energy would be a huge boost.
                  Ditto

Comment

• Where are the Norris Cole lovers and Colangelo bashers these days?

For a 28th pick overall, James Johnson has been a good return.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Where are the Norris Cole lovers and Colangelo bashers these days?

+1. Another diamond in the rough find by BC.
                      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
                        +1. Another diamond in the rough find by BC.
                        Wow. Norris Cole for James Johnson? Wow. Just wow.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Where are the Norris Cole lovers and Colangelo bashers these days?

i am here huckleberry. not a colangelo basher but cole is a nice future pg. don't know how he would look on any other team but that kid is fearless. going to have a solid career. was cole the selection taken with our pick that year? i also liked the trade at the time. jj has size and now that determination and motivation are a factor he was a great pickup.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            i am here huckleberry. not a colangelo basher but cole is a nice future pg. don't know how he would look on any other team but that kid is fearless. going to have a solid career. was cole the selection taken with our pick that year? i also liked the trade at the time. jj has size and now that determination and motivation are a factor he was a great pickup.
                            Yes - hence the post.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              Wow. Norris Cole for James Johnson? Wow. Just wow.
                              A quarter of the board would have much rather not done that deal last season. Their defense was Monta Ellis and Gilbert Arenas and Paul Milsap and yada, yada, yada. In other words they would have rather had a remote chance of tripping head first into a goldmine. Look back early on in this thread and you'll find there now humorous conversations...

Comment

• Does anyone remember what Chicago got out of trading that pick back to Miami?

Comment

Working...
                                X