No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young long athletic center, Has won on every level his been on. I think he could be Joachim Noah(better offensive)
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I think he could be Joachim Noah(better offensive)
      Is that Joakim's Israeli half-brother?
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I've been high on Kanter for quite some bit now, but this tidbit makes me love him even more:

He has managed to stay busy despite being unable to play any organized competition by working out with Kentucky's assistants and his basketball IQ may have even improved as he was an acting student-assistant coach for the Wildcats this season. There shouldn't be any conditioning concerns when he begins draft workouts but an entire season away from the court certainly hurts.
        LINK

Comment

• Another Kanter article. A bit older, but still sums up a lot of other things about him

Kanter is a clever defender. He is good at positioning himself to guard drop steps and up-and-under moves in the paint. His foot speed is enough to hedge pick and rolls effectively and guard smaller players when forced to switch. Since Kanter is very strong, he can defend the post one-on-one. He is not afraid of contact, and he doesn't fall for fakes.

On offense, Kanter uses his body very well. He knows where to stand, and he excels scoring alongside a quick point guard. Kanter makes a guard's work easier. He is strong on his size-17 feet, and has a great feeling for the game. Even if the opponents double-team, he always keeps the ball safely up high. Because of his physical dominance, coaches play him close to the rim, yet, he has a nice, high arcing jumper from the foul line. Nevertheless in youth tournaments Kanter mostly overpowers his opponents. He's like Wilt Chamberlain playing against a high school JV team. He is the "Kanterlain" for his age.

He was MVP of the U18 European Championship, even as he played against prospects a year older than him. In the semi-final game, he posted 32 points, 25 rebounds and two blocks in 39 minutes against the tournament champion Serbia team. The bronze medal game was even better. In 36 minutes, Kanter scored 35 points on 16/22 shooting. He also grabbed 19 rebounds, stole three balls and blocked four shots against the Lithuanian team and big man prospect named Jonas Valanciunas. His overall tournament statistics were 18.6 points, 16.4 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.8 blocks.
          LINK

Comment

• Thorpe is the espn village idiot and that says a lot
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Kanter has always dominated over Valanciunas every time they've met. If you pay attention the only time Valanciunas has ever won a MVP at these U-18 tournaments has been when Kanter wasn't there. That's been the last two years cause Kanter moved to the states for High School and an attempt NCAA.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                I've been high on Kanter for quite some bit now
                Do you find that affects your work and home life?
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Do you find that affects your work and home life?
                  Work mostly because I do most of my searching on him while at work, so the work suffers, but the home life, notsomuch..okay, well, maybe a bit. I do have those Kanter comforters at home.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    Work mostly because I do most of my searching on him while at work, so the work suffers, but the home life, notsomuch..okay, well, maybe a bit. I do have those Kanter comforters at home.
                    The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

And I really don't want to know what you do with those Kanter comforters.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

And I really don't want to know what you do with those Kanter comforters.
                      Actually, right now, it's covering the couch and used moreso like a snuggie.

Comment

• I hope that the people who are high on Kanter realize he has a bit of work to do on his game. If he is the most talented person when we are up I've become okay with us drafting him BUT looking at what little tape of him online there are some glaring holes in his game. There's also very little out there to figure out if he is a good off the ball defender or not...Maybe in a few years he could become something but I just hope the people championing him will wait for him to develop.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          I hope that the people who are high on Kanter realize he has a bit of work to do on his game. If he is the most talented person when we are up I've become okay with us drafting him BUT looking at what little tape of him online there are some glaring holes in his game. There's also very little out there to figure out if he is a good off the ball defender or not...Maybe in a few years he could become something but I just hope the people championing him will wait for him to develop.
                          All the centers the Raptors would be looking at have work to do on their game. Kanter's probably got the most polished game, but that's not saying much.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Check out this video from the Utah Jazz website.
                            They say Jonas Valnciunas isnt even a top 5 pick in this draft...
                            its a pretty good breakdown of his p. ros and cons as a player.
                            They also point out his pros and cons as a player.
                            http://www.nba.com/jazz/features/locked_on_jazz.html

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                              Check out this video from the Utah Jazz website.
                              Thanks...Jonas looks years behind Kanter...wow this draft does not excite me.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                                Check out this video from the Utah Jazz website.
                                This guy is a clown, listen to him break it down. At one point he says how he botched that defense, in reality he doubled on the post and the wing did not come down and pick up the man in the paint and gave up an easy score. This guy does not really know that much. I am not saying Jonas is our guy, but this evaluation was just bad.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X