2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    NBAdraft.net have Kanter as 6'11", 260lbs.
    Draftexpress.com have Kanter as 6'10" 250lbs.
    Wikipedia have him as 6'11", 272lbs.

Who's right?
    The one from Draftexpress is probably the only real meaurment. the others are probably guesses. I say this because the numbers from nbadraft.net have him at 1 inche taller and they say 1 inche usually equals 10 pounds. i bet they just assumed he grew or heard from somewhere that he grew so they made the estimation based on that. and the one on wikipedia..... well i dunno that could be legit but it could be completely made up.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
      Kanter is number 2 on my list after irving. Dwill is no longer on my list, we got kleiza.
      kleiza wont be on the team till atleast the 2012 season ( the lasst 20 games of next season) he will be just able to start playing at that point... there is no way he gets in game shape that quick. plus he may never be back to what he was.

Comment

• This is what CHAD FORD had to say on the 3 BIGS in the draft ( KANTER, VALANCIUNAS AND BIYOMBO)

Chad Ford (1:49 PM)

Kanter is the most NBA ready I think. Very skilled. But lacks size and elite athleticism. Valanciunas is a major talent. But he's a bit further away and I think a potential buyout issue could keep him out of the NBA a few years like Ricky Rubio. Bismack has the most upside of the group -- but he's also the furtherest away.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/38127

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
          Very understandable, i guess they are assuming Jose and Bayless will both be back. Bayless may be the answer for the Raps at PG. next season should answer that question.

Good find Apollo
          i already said we don't need irving because we have bayless
          "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

• i have said many times it's williams or trade the pick
            "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

• This is the first indication we've really heard in terms of what Raptors' brass is thinking. The question now is, do they feel Ed Davis can be a starting center if he puts on the muscle he's promising? Based on this I would say yes.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                This is the first indication we've really heard in terms of what Raptors' brass is thinking. The question now is, do they feel Ed Davis can be a starting center if he puts on the muscle he's promising? Based on this I would say yes.
                I still think that we would need a veteran starting center, Chandler is a free agent, and the mavericks are well over the salary cap, I dont know if they would go into the luxury tax to keep him when they already have haywood signed for another 4 years. If we throw top dollar at him we might be able to lure him to TO. He averages almost 1.5 blocks, a game, with ed averaging over a block a game, amir averaging over a block a game, and james johnson who is a very good shot blocker for a SF that could be a pretty intimidating front court. Might be enough to make up for Bargnani's deficiencies on the defensive end (if we decide to keep him).

Id like to see Ed get 25 min. a game at center coming off the bench next year.
                "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                  The one from Draftexpress is probably the only real meaurment. the others are probably guesses. I say this because the numbers from nbadraft.net have him at 1 inche taller and they say 1 inche usually equals 10 pounds. i bet they just assumed he grew or heard from somewhere that he grew so they made the estimation based on that. and the one on wikipedia..... well i dunno that could be legit but it could be completely made up.
                  NBAdraft.net is run by people in the industry. I'm not sure you should simply write them off.

Comment

• knickz wrote: View Post
                    I just glad you are not running the team.

No way we pass on Irving because we have Bayless on the roster. Even if he pans out there is no way to guarantee we can keep him past next season, he is due a qualifying offer and becomes a RFA, do want to overpay for Bayless? I would rather Irving on a rookie deal to grow with the team, and if he is special we lock him up.....but depending on the ping pong balls we might not even have a chance at him.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      This is the first indication we've really heard in terms of what Raptors' brass is thinking. The question now is, do they feel Ed Davis can be a starting center if he puts on the muscle he's promising? Based on this I would say yes.
                      what indication? what chad ford said? that's just his belief.

if davis was smart, he'd be looking at the abundance of valuable power forwards in the league compared the minimum amount of valuable centers. when you see players like paul milsap making 7-6 million a season and desagana diop making the same money, you have to ask yourself what your best action plan would be.

Comment

Ya, and the Raptors didn't need Iguodala because they already had Vince. And Portland didn't need Jordan because they already had Drexler.

I'm pretty sure Bayless being on the roster is no reason to do anything different.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Want a pat on the back or something ?:S
                          its okay for ppl to share an opinion u know

Comment

• SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                            I still think that we would need a veteran starting center
                            Why? Are the Raptors going to be contending anytime soon?
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                              I am dissapointed that we won't see him in a head-to-head work out. But there isn't really a red flag. Ed Davis never worked out with the Raptors, since they thought he wouldn't be available. Look how that turned out.
                              Most top ten picks don't work out head to head. This is all decided by their agents, who pretty much run their pre-draft workouts. I don't like it, but there's not much you can do since it's the norm, now.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• funkie wrote: View Post
                                what indication? what chad ford said? that's just his belief.
                                If you actually took the time to click the link and read the source you would find that he did mention its "based on sourcing inside teams."

Comment

Working...
                                X