No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 3rd guy's hand never made it above the rim...

Comment

• Please no Vesely.

As per Draft Express: "Vesely still isn't much of a presence on the glass...he grabs just one defensive rebound for every 10 ½ minutes he's on the court, which is a very poor rate." I think his stats also have him in the 4 RPG range..

We don't need to get any weaker on the glass.

Comment

• WHo cares how well he dunks. I've never understood that fascination. I want to know how well he plays. Vesley is intriguing, but to add what Tank said, I've read conflicting things about his defense. Apparently opposing teams try and isolate him like the ry and isolate Bargnani. That, to me, is a little worrisome.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
          To each their own, I just really like the fearless freak athletes I guess. DD has had some better dunks but then DD probably should have won the dunk contest this year so it's not a fair comparison. I don't really like Walker at this point, he's good but he just seems too small to be a difference maker in the NBA and Leonard doesn't impress me overly much: he's basically the same size as Derozen and I prefer a bigger guy a the three.
          So was a certain PG named T.J ford who was a great player for the raptors. Also a clutch PG who starts for the orlando magic, jameer nelson. So don't give me that "he's to small" BS.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
            So was a certain PG named T.J ford who was a great player for the raptors. Also a clutch PG who starts for the orlando magic, jameer nelson. So don't give me that "he's to small" BS.
            I agree with this statement. I think Kemba Walker will be the steal of the draft. At first I did not like him but the more I watch video of him, the more I think this kid is the sleeper of the draft. Yes, he's small but he has something neither Irving nor Knight have: elite speed. The NBA is a predicated on speed. Kemba is the fastest player of the three I've seen and the most athletic. He also has great body control. This one thing that I don't like about Kanter, Irving, and Knight. They all look slow to me for the NBA. Kemba also has great leadership experience, carried Conneticut on his back, has a great attitude, and has had to work for everything he got. Nobody ever touted him as the best player coming out of high school/college etc. He just has the attitude of a winner and a knack for the game. Looking at who's ahead of The Raptors, I think Kemba will be available. To me, I can see this happening:
            1. Cleveland: Irving
            2. Minnesota: Williams
            3. Utah: Knight
            4. Cleveland: Kanter
            5. Toronto: Walker.
            BC loves fast point guards and I honestly think that if he's there, that's who we get.

Comment

• Here's my ideal situation:

1. Trade Calderon (Rubio mentor) & Amir to MIN for Flynn & the 2nd pick

2. Deal the 2nd pick to CLE for Vajereo & the 4th pick

3. Draft: Jonas Valanciunas & Jan Vesely

Team:

Flynn/Bayless
              DeRozan/Barbosa
              Vesely/Kleiza
              Bargnani/Davis
              Vajereo/Valanciunas

I would like that team going forward!

Comment

What has Nelson done the past couple of seasons? He`s constantly injured because his body can`t take the punishment. The same goes for Ford. I`m not saying that Walker is going to go down the same path as those two, I`m just saying for the speed he plays with and his penchant for going into the paint, he`s going to get beat up a lot and I`m not sure if his smaller stature can handle all that abuse for a prolonged period. And easy on the attitude, alright?

Comment

Where is Ford now? Not saying this is Kemba's fate, but it's funny you would compare him to someone who only played decently for the Raptors for 1.5 seasons and is now the 3rd string PG behind Price, a very late second round pick. Not a very good comparison, really.

And simply naming players who have succeeded means very little. Millsap has been a very successful undersized PF, but that doesn't mean there's no reason for concern. Heck, I'd like to see the same optimism re: non-American players. Lemme give it a try. Nowitzki, Parker, Batum, et cetera -- don't give me that "he's a Euro" BS. Have I convinced you all to stop hating on European players?

Comment

• SCass wrote: View Post
                    1. Trade Calderon (Rubio mentor) & Amir to MIN for Flynn & the 2nd pick

2. Deal the 2nd pick to CLE for Vajereo & the 4th pick

3. Draft: Jonas Valanciunas & Jan Vesely

Team:

Flynn/Bayless
                    DeRozan/Barbosa
                    Vesely/Kleiza
                    Bargnani/Davis
                    Vajereo/Valanciunas

I would like that team going forward!
                    You like mediocrity. That team probably wouldn't even make the playoffs.

Including Amir in the trade for the 2nd pick is horrible. He's the type of player you actually want to keep on your team.

Keeping Bargnani is bad enough, but starting him over Davis, who will probably be a better player next year, is a very bad idea.

Cleveland is never going to trade Varejao to move up two spots in a weak draft where they already have the first pick.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Dunks don't win games. Defense does. Kanter and Bismack are the only "Euro" bigs who can play defense and aren't hacking people (edit:from the video I've seen). Why the hate for Kemba because of his height? That's bogus. I'm not his biggest fan but he is far closer to nba ready than Knight -- far closer.

If the worst he becomes is TJ Ford or Jameer... count how many playoffs TJ has played in...Count how many playoffs Jameer's played in. Heck, count how many playoffs Nash, AI, and every other fast, small starting point guard has played in. The draft is a gamble but I would rather gamble on a formula and player that is closer then adding another raw talent based on a potential he has (in comparison to Kemba) barely tapped into.

However personally, I'm hoping for Kawhi.
                      Last edited by blackjitsu; Fri May 20, 2011, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                        If the worst he becomes is TJ Ford or Jameer... count how many playoffs TJ has played in...Count how many playoffs Jameer's played in. Heck, count how many playoffs Nash, AI, and every other fast, small starting point guard has played in. The draft is a gamble but I would rather gamble on a formula and player that is closer then adding another raw talent based on a potential he has (in comparison to Kemba) barely tapped into.
                        Where to even begin? I love how one person points out several "success stories" (i.e. Ford/Nelson) and then someone else comes in and says "if the worst he becomes is TJ Ford or Jameer." Really now? I didn't know Ford/Nelson were the worst Walker could possibly be. Hell, count me on the bandwagon if that's the case.

And are we really counting # of playoffs as a measure of anything meaningful? So Ford's been in 3 playoffs (does the current one really count? He didn't even play more than 15 minutes total) in his 7 seasons. Bargnani's been in 2 himself in his five seasons. I'm sure there are plenty of scrubs who've been in the playoffs even more. What does this really mean? And uh, are we REALLY comparing Kemba to Nash and AI now? How does that really help your point, comparing him to some of the best players ever? BTW, Nash isn't an undersized PG. Just saying.

Not really arguing against Kemba as much as just pointing out all the non sequiturs.

Comment

• Top three players on are board for the #5pick at the Draft Combine Interviews

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Quixotic wrote: View Post
                            Where to even begin? I love how one person points out several "success stories" (i.e. Ford/Nelson) and then someone else comes in and says "if the worst he becomes is TJ Ford or Jameer." Really now? I didn't know Ford/Nelson were the worst Walker could possibly be. Hell, count me on the bandwagon if that's the case.

And are we really counting # of playoffs as a measure of anything meaningful? So Ford's been in 3 playoffs (does the current one really count? He didn't even play more than 15 minutes total) in his 7 seasons. Bargnani's been in 2 himself in his five seasons. I'm sure there are plenty of scrubs who've been in the playoffs even more. What does this really mean? And uh, are we REALLY comparing Kemba to Nash and AI now? How does that really help your point, comparing him to some of the best players ever? BTW, Nash isn't an undersized PG. Just saying.

Not really arguing against Kemba as much as just pointing out all the non sequiturs.
                            Kemba is undersized and so was Tim Hardaway, therefor, Kemba = Tim Hardaway. Hold on, though. Nate Robinson is also undersized. Now I don't know what to think.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• reggie jackson is drawing rave reviews. a lot of pundits are wondering why he's not in the lotto considering his size, play making and shooting ability, not to mention hes a terror on defense with his immense (for a pg) wingspan. the main reason a lot of people figure he's so low is because he went to boston college. kind of like how nash (alright im reaching a bit but still) and where he went.

i wouldn't be shocked if he flew up the draft boards in the next couple weeks. i also wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if we drafted him, all indications seem he'll be a hell of a player.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Jackson-6325/
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                reggie jackson is drawing rave reviews. a lot of pundits are wondering why he's not in the lotto considering his size, play making and shooting ability, not to mention hes a terror on defense with his immense (for a pg) wingspan. the main reason a lot of people figure he's so low is because he went to boston college. kind of like how nash (alright im reaching a bit but still) and where he went.

i wouldn't be shocked if he flew up the draft boards in the next couple weeks. i also wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if we drafted him, all indications seem he'll be a hell of a player.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Jackson-6325/
                                At 5? I'd be very surprised. And disappointed. He's another one of those shoot first "point guards".

Comment

Working...
                                X