No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanter didn't make my list because I feel he won't be around at #5. I would be shocked if he's there.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Kanter didn't make my list because I feel he won't be around at #5. I would be shocked if he's there.
      In this draft, the only players I would be shocked at still being available at 5 are Irving and Williams. I think Kanter will most likely be gone by then, but last year, Ed Davis was my wildcard as a player who might drop due to a variety of reasons beyond his control, and he obviously did. If Utah decides they don't want to add another big man to their crowded $46 million front court, they could draft Knight, who they are apparently high on. Cleveland apparently has Valanciunas above Kanter, and many scouts feel he's got more upside (I don't know about that) and could take him, which would leave Kanter for the Raptors.

Personally, I'd love to see Colangelo work out a deal with Utah, where they draft Kanter for Toronto and the Raptors draft Knight (who Cleveland won't take, if they take Irving) for Utah. I don't know what Utah would want for that to happen, though.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• You make some good points but still, Kanter would look good in a Jazz uniform and they're bringing him in for a workout. It's crowded in the paint in Utah but I think they will take the best player available. At #3 that could be Kanter. If they take Kanter and Cleveland takes Valanciunas then suddenly the Raptors are sitting at #5 with a bunch of guards and wings on the board. I think they're going to get a good player at #5. Probably not a superstar player but I am unsure if there is a superstar out of all the hyped players in the draft. I think they can get a guy with all-star potential to add to the core for sure.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Just finding out today because I've been in Cuba for a week... I really think it stinks that the Raptors dropped not one spot but two spots in this draft order. I really feel the Raptors were due for some good luck and while it doesn't seem that way now, fingers crossed on this being a blessing in disguise.

Really at this point Kemba Walker has to be in play. He has huge potential and will be the most talented player available at #5 if the draft falls the way most mocks are showing it. Outside of him there are two big time potential guys there who offer up some risk. First we have Leonard, who's been skyrocketing up boards everywhere and one of my favorites in Alec Burks, who is long and tall with the skill set to be a very big PG in the NBA. He has the potential to maybe do what Shaun Livingston was prevented from doing due to a devastating injury. I guess the obvious choice at five is the guy in many mock draft right now, Valanciunas. I don't know enough about him to say yes or no. If the hype is true and they can get him out of his current contract then sign me up.

So to recap, right now, I would like to see these guys in play:
          • Kemba Walker
          • Kawhi Leonard
          • Alec Burks
          • Jonas Valanciunas
          Great list!

Comment

• Analysis: I'm still trying to get the pulse of what's happening in Toronto. Now that Bryan Colangelo has his extension, he can afford to take more risks. The question is … who does he gamble on? Last week we had Valanciunas here. He's still in the mix, but I've been told that Vesely is even higher on his list.

A terrific athlete, Vesely is ready to play right now and adds great size to Toronto's front line. Kemba Walker is also a legit option here and if for some reason Brandon Knight falls, he won't slip past the Raptors.
            Chad Fords new mock draft. Has Toronto picking Jan Vesely with 5th pick.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• jesus christ
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Chad Fords new mock draft. Has Toronto picking Jan Vesely with 5th pick.
                Chad Ford's reasoning on BC's extension is all wrong. The correct interpretation, in my opinion, is now that he has his extension he better make the most of it. Two seasons is not a long time to turn this thing around before the team option for year three can be considered. Picking a bust is going to hurt his career in Toronto big time. I think Ford is saying Vesely because of BC's reputation, which is outdated to say the least.

Comment

• Hoopsworld updated their mock draft. The Raptors end up with Leonard. Not bad. He's got Kanter going #2, and Cleveland ending up with BOTH Irving and Williams, who drops to 4th.

Man, this draft is going to be impossible to guess, I think.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Keep in mind Ford also said Detroit would take Jonas. Because of ALL the positions the pistons need fixing, center is probably the last thing they need to worry about. Ford is a fool sometimes.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• i know BC said he wasn't interested in getting another rookie this year but wouldn't it be smart to buy a early second rounder if a player the likes of greg smith, jeremy tyler, tyler honeycutt, kyle singler or travis leslie fell? i think each of those players (theres more, im sure) would be terrific depth and would be a hell of a lot cheaper than signing a free agent. thoughts?
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Isiah Thomas

If they don't take a PG with their top pick I wouldn't be adverse to seeing them buy a pick in the second round to draft Isiah Thomas. The guy is small but he would be an excellent reserve guard for the future. He's going to be one of those players that slides into the second round where a team like the Spurs grab him and we're all left scratching our heads wondering how they did it yet again.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          i know BC said he wasn't interested in getting another rookie this year but wouldn't it be smart to buy a early second rounder if a player the likes of greg smith, jeremy tyler, tyler honeycutt, kyle singler or travis leslie fell? i think each of those players (theres more, im sure) would be terrific depth and would be a hell of a lot cheaper than signing a free agent. thoughts?
                          The reality to keep in mind is majority of draft picks never live up to the hype or potential. With that said, if this were to be the case, I'd like to see them find a way to get Chris Singleton. His offense is questionable but has been steadily improving. His defense, though, is captivating with size, strength, length, and quickness to guard 2 through 4. I don't think he'll available past 20 but if WSH, CHA, or MIN (18-20) were willing to sell (read Charlotte) a 1st rounder, I'd be all over him.

Comment

• You make some good points but still, Kanter would look good in a Jazz uniform and they're bringing him in for a workout. It's crowded in the paint in Utah but I think they will take the best player available. At #3 that could be Kanter. If they take Kanter and Cleveland takes Valanciunas then suddenly the Raptors are sitting at #5 with a bunch of guards and wings on the board. I think they're going to get a good player at #5. Probably not a superstar player but I am unsure if there is a superstar out of all the hyped players in the draft. I think they can get a guy with all-star potential to add to the core for sure.
                            exactly we can either get valanciunas, Kanter or Knight depending on who the Jazz pick but please no VESELY!

Comment

• Jonathan Givony (President of DraftExpress.com did a chat on HoopsWorld today. There was one particular question that caught my attention the most:

Q:
                              I've recently read that the Cavs have Valanciunas (or like we in cleveland call him Big V) higher on their board than Kanter. Have you gotten the same vibe?
                              A:
                              Yes. Directly from Kanter's camp in fact.
                              http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?chat_topics_id=1651

If that holds true, it would look like Kanter would drop to 5 (Irving, Williams, Knight, Valanciunas, Kanter). So for those advocating for him, would be great news. I personally would enjoy seeing Kanter at 5, so I love reading pieces like this.

Givony also says that he sees Biyomba as a solid option at 5 for the Raptors and believes that he is both more NBA ready then Kanter, as well as having better long term possibilities in the NBA.

All-in-all, a pretty entertaining chat to read.
                              http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• If Kanter falls to #5 then Colangelo should do a little dance, pull the trigger and thank his lucky stars he was in the right place at the right time in back-to-back off-seasons. With Davis, Kanter, Johnson and Evans in the paint they'd look better than most of the league from that aspect. If they can also land Gay for something similar to that rumored trade (Gay, Jones and Posey for Bargnani, Calderon and Barbosa) then hallelujah.

Comment

Working...
                                X