No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HoopsWorld.com: Who Should The Raptors Draft?

Enes Kanter, (Kentucky) Turkey, Center

When Kanter agreed to come to Kentucky last year, he was expected to be the player to watch of his draft class. Unfortunately all Kanter did last season was watch as the NCAA ruled him ineligible and his NBA draft status has become largely based on the 2010 Nike Hoop Summit and his play from previous seasons in Europe.

What Kanter was able to do was participate in the NBA draft combine drills and leave NBA general managers wanting to see more. Kanter showed up at the combine in great shape as evidenced by his 5.9 percent body fat and proved he had center worthy measurements at 6' 11.25" tall, 259 lbs, a 7' 1.5" wingspan, and a 32.5" maximum vertical jump.

As intriguing as Kanter is as a prospect, no one can really say for sure what he will be able to contribute at the next level. Kanter has all the physical tools to be a quality center in the NBA, and with the difficulty the Raptors have faced in obtaining a center, Kanter is worth the risk.
    Kemba Walker, Connecticut Junior, Point Guard

After signing a two year extension with the Raptors, President and General Manager Bryan Colangelo can't afford to draft a prospect who is not NBA ready or needs two or three seasons before they will be in a position to contribute. No one looked more NBA ready in this year's NCAA tournament than Kemba Walker.

The 21-year-old Walker was the undisputed leader of the Huskies this past season, and on the big stage during their conference and NCAA championship runs, he stepped his game up even further. Walker averaged 24.6 points, 6.2 rebounds, 5.0 assists, and 2.1 steals in 38.3 minutes over his last 11 games and was his coach's and teammates' go-to-guy in every tough situation down the stretch.

A knock on Walker has been that he is undersized, but Walker measured a surprising 6' 1" tall at the NBA draft combine and had a 39.5" vertical jump, something that should not have surprised anyone who saw his amazing block on Kentucky's Doron Lamb fast break attempt during the Final Four.

There may be a concern that Walkers upside is not as high as some of the younger talent available, but in a draft that the Raptors cannot afford to be wrong, he is the safe choice.
    Brandon Knight, Kentucky Freshman, Point Guard

Head-to-head Brandon Knight's Wildcats lost twice to Walker's Huskies, but the 19-year-old Knight was his team's leading scorer and playmaker and is considered by many to be the second best point guard prospect in this year's draft.

Knight has good size for a point guard at 6' 3.5" tall, is one of the fastest players tested in his draft class, and shows excellent athleticism with a 37.5" maximum vertical jump. Add in his 17.3 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 4.2 assists and it is easy to see why NBA general managers have moved this freshman well up on their draft boards.

There is a good chance that Knight is drafted before the Raptors select at five but is unlikely that both Knight and Walker are off the board. Either point guard would be a solid choice for Toronto.

When the Raptors select fifth at the draft in June, Colangelo should be taking the NCAA champion UConn Huskies' Kemba Walker, and if Walker is gone, Kentucky's Brandon Knight.
    Source: HoopsWorld.com

Click the link to see some of the other options.

Comment

• Go for Kemba if Knight's gone. If both are available, then it's decision time.
      Forget projects like Bismack and Jonas. Kawhi doesn't bring the skillset that JJ has. Kanter doesn't fit if Bargs stays, but he'd be a good sidekick for ED.
      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• nobody!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trade the pick cuzz none of these guys will impact a team
        "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
          Go for Kemba if Knight's gone. If both are available, then it's decision time.
          Forget projects like Bismack and Jonas. Kawhi doesn't bring the skillset that JJ has. Kanter doesn't fit if Bargs stays, but he'd be a good sidekick for ED.
          On a team this bad, we can't possibly make decisions based on who might stay and who might not. Even DeRozan and Davis, while promising, could be traded for the right price.

It's Kanter for me, if he's available. Hope he pans out so we can build around the Ed and Enes tandem. A cornerstone center is a lot harder to find than either of these PGs.
          Last edited by Quixotic; Tue May 31, 2011, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
            Go for Kemba if Knight's gone. If both are available, then it's decision time.
            If both are available then that's an awesome problem to have.

Comment

• Quixotic wrote: View Post
              On a team this bad, we can't possibly make decisions based on who might stay and who might not. Even DeRozan and Davis, while promising, could be traded for the right price.

It's Kanter for me, if he's available. Hope he pans out so we can build around the Ed and Enes tandem. A cornerstone center is a lot harder to find than either of these PGs.
              Totally agree. There are few potential C's coming in the next few years, and few healthy options on the market coming up.

Comment

• raptors should just draft kemba if knight is gone

Comment

• Kawhi Leonard

Raptors should really...really...really...draft Kawhi Leonard
                  This guy is hardcore,plays defense,in ure face...
                  His a freakish atheletic player ie Gerald Wallace and little craziii like ron artest defensivly,wing span and speed of matrix shawn marion..
                  If I'm raptors I take hime in heart beat...

P.S

I realize this team needs pg...That's why u trade Andrea 2 Sacramento..maybe Tyreke Evans..rumours are swirling that he ain't that happiii in Sac town...

Think about it...

Tyreke Evans......Trade
                  Demar Derozan
                  Kawhi Leonard.....Draft Pick
                  Ed Davis
                  Tyson Chandler....Free Agent

after that u build ure bench with veterans,new players and new coach...No Triano
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                    His a freakish atheletic player ie Gerald Wallace and little craziii like ron artest defensivly,wing span and speed of matrix shawn marion..

P.S

I realize this team needs pg...That's why u trade Andrea 2 Sacramento..maybe Tyreke Evans..rumours are swirling that he ain't that happiii in Sac town...

Think about it...

Tyreke Evans......Trade
                    Demar Derozan
                    Ed Davis

after that u build ure bench with veterans,new players and new coach...No Triano
                    Yeah, Bargnani for Evans. Sure you haven't spent too much time in your cage, Hannibal?

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

P.S

Think about it...

Tyreke Evans......Trade
                      Demar Derozan
                      Ed Davis

I'd rather see them draft Chris Singleton over Kawhi Leonard.
                      Far bigger, meaner defender.

As for Tyreke, I'm not sure he's even a PG. He's more of a SG, and Westpaul acknowledged as much throughout last year, by playing him at the two, with Udrih at the PG.

And going back to the way the Rudy Gay trade was being dubunked.. "Sacramento is NOT trading Tyreke. And if they do, they are sure as hell going to get someone better than Bargnani back."

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        I'd rather see them draft Chris Singleton over Kawhi Leonard.
                        Far bigger, meaner defender.

As for Tyreke, I'm not sure he's even a PG. He's more of a SG, and Westpaul acknowledged as much throughout last year, by playing him at the two, with Udrih at the PG.

And going back to the way the Rudy Gay trade was being dubunked.. "Sacramento is NOT trading Tyreke. And if they do, they are sure as hell going to get someone better than Bargnani back."
                        Yeah no kidding. We may be able to get the #7 pick and a bit player (Thompson or Garcia/Casspi) for Bargnani, but not Evans, and that is a good thing as I don't want Evans on the Raps. And he's a SG in reality.

Comment

• Yeah no kidding. We may be able to get the #7 pick and a bit player (Thompson or Garcia/Casspi) for Bargnani, but not Evans, and that is a good thing as I don't want Evans on the Raps. And he's a SG in reality.
                          im cool with the 7th pick so we can get biyombo!

Comment

• You mean Burks
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• BC seems to be stressing defense lately so i think if brandon knight is gone it's Biyombo hopefully or Leonard

Comment

• if derrick williams is selected first and minnesota still has the second overall, draft day trade for the raps is a real possibility.

http://www.nbadraft.net/

th guy we select in one mock has dropped considerably in this one:http://www.nbadraftinsider.com/2011-mock-draft/
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X