2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Question is.. if Irving is still around at 3, does Colangelo make a play with the Jazz to use the TPE on a roster player and trade up to snag Irving?
    If Kanter goes first, I think Colangelo's best chance to get Irving is to trade with Minnesota, who should have absolutely no interest in drafting him. Utah SHOULD want Irving for themselves if he drops.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Check out this interview with prospect, Marshon Brooks, on Hoopshype.

In it he is asked about comparisons to Kobe Bryant, to which he responds...
      I respect Kobe Bryant’s game so much that I don’t think anybody should be compared to him. I might play like him a tiny bit, but I would say I play more like Jamal Crawford than Kobe Bryant.

Read more: http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/sie...#ixzz1Otqi4tl9
      So, he's saying he's a shot happy combo guard that plays no semblance of defense? Really?

Maybe he should be coached a little bit more by his agent.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• is BC seriously considering taking Vesely with our #5 pick?

Comment

• HuskyRaptor wrote: View Post
          is BC seriously considering taking Vesely with our #5 pick?
          I'd be more outraged if their were obviously better options available. If Kanter is gone, then Walker, Knight, Valanciunas and Biyombo all have just as many question marks as Vesley. Who knows? Vesley might end up being one of the better players from this draft. At this point, I don't think anyone really knows. I certainly have my opinions, but unless Colangelo drafts Motiejunas, then I'm going to assume he knew what he was doing. This draft is just too much of a crap shoot.
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Colangelo's track record when it comes to drafting in the lottery is pretty solid. I trust him whoever he drafts.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Check out this interview with prospect, Marshon Brooks, on Hoopshype.

In it he is asked about comparisons to Kobe Bryant, to which he responds...

So, he's saying he's a shot happy combo guard that plays no semblance of defense? Really?

Maybe he should be coached a little bit more by his agent.
              That what you take away from it. I think he was acting humble. I think he was trying to say "I'm good but I'm not about to start comparing myself to one of the all-time greats".

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                If the Raptors draft a big man Bargnani is as good as gone.
                Is your assumption the big man selected would play heavy minutes (24+) in his rookie year?

Assuming Ed Davis and Amir Johnson play 32 minutes a game each, that leaves another 32 "big" minutes to fill. Who would fill these minutes?

Comment

• Ah... The big man they just drafted 5th overall?

Comment

That what you take away from it. I think he was acting humble. I think he was trying to say "I'm good but I'm not about to start comparing myself to one of the all-time greats".
                    It was the title of the article. Kind of hard to miss it. And I just thought Crawford was an odd guy to compare yourself to.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                      Utah has big interest in Knight (according to reports) due to a desire to strengthen their longterm lookout at PG. Knight is the second best PG prospect after Irving. They have not considered him due to the expectation that he would be gone by the time they pick. If Irving is still around,Utah would most likely take him unless another prospect wows them. I don't think it's possible for the Raptors to make a move with Utah if Irving available.
                      I heard otherwise. Utah is losing interest in him after all the workouts he's refusing (against dudes) and like Kemba a LOT. I'm calling it now, knight is going to fall to us and we're going to take him. Darkhorse pick is Jonas.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• From CBSSPORTS.COM

What's more, there are rumblings that Utah is less than thrilled at the notion that Knight would even consider dictating the terms with the No. 3 pick (although Turkish center Enes Kanter already did just that in his Jazz workout in Chicago in which Toronto also took part). It's unclear whether the Jazz would take a hard-line stance and refuse to take Knight unless he worked out against other top-line competitors, but that appears to be a possibility.

I attended Knight's workout in Sacramento on June 2 and walked away convinced that Knight saw the Kings as his so-called first-round floor at No. 7. The problem there, predictably, is that the one-on-none approach wasn't well received by the Kings' brass either.
                        must get Brandon Knight!!!

Comment

• I think Brandon Knight is the possible Raptor prospect I like the least. He's got very few PG skills, doesn't have the type of take charge personality you want from a PG, and he's too short to play SG. I seriously don't understand the love for this guy. I've just seen too many guys like him fail to make an impact in the NBA.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

It was the title of the article. Kind of hard to miss it. And I just thought Crawford was an odd guy to compare yourself to.
                            I'm thinking not everybody agrees with you on Crawford's game. He obviously thinks Crawford is a good baller.

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            I think Brandon Knight is the possible Raptor prospect I like the least. He's got very few PG skills, doesn't have the type of take charge personality you want from a PG, and he's too short to play SG. I seriously don't understand the love for this guy. I've just seen too many guys like him fail to make an impact in the NBA.
                            Yeah, people around here lately seem to only care about upside. What about downside? Kemba Walker seems like the safe pick, if he's there at #5. You know you're getting a strong leader for the dressing room to go along with immense talent and athleticism.

Comment

I'm thinking not everybody agrees with you on Crawford's game. He obviously thinks Crawford is a good baller.
                              Craford IS a good baller. He just doesn't play defense and shoots way too much.

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, people around here lately seem to only care about upside. What about downside? Kemba Walker seems like the safe pick, if he's there at #5. You know you're getting a strong leader for the dressing room to go along with immense talent and athleticism.
                              Ya, if it's a choice between Walker and Knight, I definitely take Walker. I agree with you about people falling too much in love with upside. I like upside, but I like to see actual abilities, too. I have questions about Walker, but he's got the ability to play the point and the personality to be a leader, at least.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I'd be more outraged if their were obviously better options available. If Kanter is gone, then Walker, Knight, Valanciunas and Biyombo all have just as many question marks as Vesley. Who knows? Vesley might end up being one of the better players from this draft. At this point, I don't think anyone really knows. I certainly have my opinions, but unless Colangelo drafts Motiejunas, then I'm going to assume he knew what he was doing. This draft is just too much of a crap shoot.
                                I can't agree more. I think by now we should trust BryCo when it comes to draft. He has a great eye for talent. His history is prove enough. I think if he likes Jan Vesely than we should trust. He must see thinks we can't see. 5 years ago we didn't want him to pick Andrea and he turned out good not great but, good.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X