Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Do you have any videos of the workouts?
    Na, I just reuploaded the vids from Raptors.com so they can be embedded.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
      Oh, alright. Do you know where I can find any?

Comment

Thanks for it. I definitely like the sound of Leonard's work ethic we keep hearing about, he seems humble but hard working and is well spoken despite his affinity for drooping his mouth open.

The reality of his work ethic and that he acknowledges his weak points and works hard at them could blend very well with Demar and they could play/develop off each other in and off season. IT concerns me a little that his favourite player is Carmelo, but his game is so little like Melo's it shouldn't matter much.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
          Oh, alright. Do you know where I can find any?
          No, sorry.

Comment

• His quickness and athleticism is amazing.
            Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Jun 17, 2011, 03:28 PM.

Comment

His quickness and athleticism is amazing.
              He completely destroyed that empty space that was defending him. And his defense and rebounding looked far better against it than it has against real people.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• The draft should be interesting. Lots of names rumoured to be available. Hickson in Cleveland should be interesting.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  He completely destroyed that empty space that was defending him. And his defense and rebounding looked far better against it than it has against real people.
                  Dude might have not tried very hard, played only token defense and kind of looked cheesy but there at least was a body for Motiejunas to bang against, so I wouldn't call it empty space.

This guy's stock is all over the place. I have seen him drafted anywhere from top 10 to 29th. No one seems to have any idea where he will be drafted. I can't see him being a lottery pick though. Maybe to Houston at 23?
                  Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    The draft should be interesting. Lots of names rumoured to be available. Hickson in Cleveland should be interesting.
                    Yah fast and furious right now. I think the continuing Minny interest in 'Gasol' and the rumours that LA is one of the teams in play for the #2 is a little comical. It is quite intriguing of course to think about with the potential spanish team grouping in Minnesota, and what LA would do with the role players and pick they would get in return, but comical.

Comment

• RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                      Dude might have not tried very hard, played only token defense and kind of looked cheesy but there at least was a body for Motiejunas to bang against, so I wouldn't call it empty space.

This guy's stock is all over the place. I have seen him drafted anywhere from top 10 to 29th. No one seems to have any idea where he will be drafted. I can't see him being a lottery pick though. Maybe to Houston at 23?
                      I agree. There is so much talk about his lack of enthusiasm for the game and drive on the court that it has to fuel much of the disparity on draft stock. Personally, I wouldn't draft him regardless of spot*. From the clip though, sure he does appear to put in some half assed effort but we don't know how much of a workout preceded this showing, since it clearly wasn't the beginning. That said almost missing the dunk near the beginning (a minute or so in) without anyone else there...not so impressive. Of course we have never seen that happen in a game in the NBA.........

*I would say he should be a decent NBA player, just not one I would choose for my team.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                        Yah fast and furious right now. I think the continuing Minny interest in 'Gasol' and the rumours that LA is one of the teams in play for the #2 is a little comical. It is quite intriguing of course to think about with the potential spanish team grouping in Minnesota, and what LA would do with the role players and pick they would get in return, but comical.
                        Minnesota and the #2 is the exact same situation as NYK and Melo this winter.

Every team had trades lined up but nothing would be done until the Melo situation was resolved.

Same deal now, everyone is waiting to see how Minny plays out before they pull the trigger.

5 days.

Comment

His quickness and athleticism is amazing.
                          He's a crappier Bargnani, Bargs is the only reason why this guy isn't a top 5 pick. He'd be good on a defensive team like Milwaukee. They should pick up Donatas instead of Burks IMO.
                          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Looking at that interview with Kawhi, I think he has a lot of the same positive personality traits as Demar and that they would work really well together. He can really turn out to be a Gerald Wallace type player.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• HW/Brotherson: Raptors Big Board

Toronto's Draft Board

Last week, Kemba Walker and Brandon Knight worked out separately in Toronto. Kelly was obviously enamored with Knight's athleticism and Walker's experience. These two players are getting a lot of consideration by the Raptors.

The Raptors brass was recently in Europe to watch the top ranked prospects in action. If the Raptors are looking for players with more experience and who are likely more NBA ready, the Europeans will be further down their draft board.

"The international players this year don't have as much game experience probably as we seen here with these players," said Kelly. "Maybe I am misstating it, maybe we haven't seen them as many times, but it wasn't for a lack of effort, they haven't been on the scene as much – sort of late risers. We are trying to get as much information (as possible) and that's why we were over there."

The Raptors have shown a willingness to acquire non-American college trained players in the past, but unless the team is playing their cards extremely close to the vest, this doesn't seem like the year they will draft a European.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz1PdWq338E

Comment

• I don't know if anyone has seen this video but somehow it worries me. He has a nice shooting touch, but I hope he doesn't rely on his three too much, many players shoot too many threes when the learn how to.

Comment

Working...
                                X