Comment

• Love your sig.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Love your sig.
          ya it won't let me put it as a sig

Comment

• Bad news for teams looking at Valanciunas

If Valanciunas can't play in NBA next year, he'll drop. Cavs won't take him at 4. Still I doubt he slips past the Rockets at 14.
            Source: Twitter @chadfordinsider
            Valanciunas update: Sources say buyout agreement close, however, buyout won't allow Valanciunas to play in NBA next season.
            Source: Twitter @chadfordinsider

You know if the Raptors did that Al Jeff trade with the Jazz, Valanciunas might be in play at #12. For a team going nowhere next season he might be a wise pick at that point.

Comment

• The Cavaliers, after taking the temperature of the Timberwolves and Jazz to see if Kyrie Irving could somehow fall to No. 4 in Thursday's NBA draft, are planning to select the former Duke guard as the No. 1 pick and are fielding offers for the fourth pick, league sources said Monday.

In a perfect world for the Cavs, they would draft Irving and former Arizona forward Derrick Williams, which is why they were also interested in dealing for the second pick.

But what they found out is that getting both players would be a stretch.

Utah has called Minnesota in an attempt to move up to No. 2, looking to land Williams or Irving, a source told ESPN.com's Andy Katz. But the Timberwolves were sticking with the plan of keeping the pick if the Cavs don't select Williams, according to a source.

In preparation for the No. 4 pick, Cleveland brought in Kentucky point guard Brandon Knight for a visit Monday.

And former Kentucky student Enes Kanter of Turkey, who was ruled by the NCAA to be permanently ineligible with the school, returned Monday for a second visit.

The Wolves, meanwhile, won't let Williams slip beyond No. 2 and don't plan on trading Michael Beasley or Anthony Randolph.
              http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...e=NBAHeadlines

Comment

• I wonder what it would take to add the 4th overall? Would they be interested in Bargnani? If they take Irving #1 and trade for Bargnani suddenly they've added two guys who they can work with.

Comment

I wonder what it would take to add the 4th overall? Would they be interested in Bargnani? If they take Irving #1 and trade for Bargnani suddenly they've added two guys who they can work with.
                  I would love that, the only potential wrench being Utah taking Kanter at #3 (although it was reported that the workout with Kanter did not go well from one side or the other). I guess this would be a wrench only because I would like to have Kanter and Knight/Walker drafted, and we would have no C other than Alabi.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                    I would love that, the only potential wrench being Utah taking Kanter at #3 (although it was reported that the workout with Kanter did not go well from one side or the other). I guess this would be a wrench only because I would like to have Kanter and Knight/Walker drafted, and we would have no C other than Alabi.
                    I don't know about that being a wrench. It depends on how much the Cavs are against waiting year. It sounds like a definite deterrent. The above quote about them putting the #4 on the block tells a lot as well.

Comment

I wonder what it would take to add the 4th overall? Would they be interested in Bargnani? If they take Irving #1 and trade for Bargnani suddenly they've added two guys who they can work with.
                      I don't think we want to be trading bargnani within the division when the cavs got a legit center and the #1 pick.

Comment

• So after all this Jan Vesely talk and how he's this incredible high flyer and amazing dunker (someone even semi-compared him to Blake in one of the podcasts) I decided to check out some of his highlight dunks and all I can say is I feel bad for anyone watching European ball if what he's doing is considered exciting, youtube worthy dunks.

I don't know if he's a good player, but he sure as hell isn't going to be as fun to watch as advertised. Hopefully I'll be watching him only two, three times a year when someone else drafts him though.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          I don't think we want to be trading bargnani within the division when the cavs got a legit center and the #1 pick.
                          I don't think we should care, so long as he gets a decent return. Unless you feel his scoring 30 points on the Raptors while not playing defense or rebounding will somehow come back to haunt us.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• They have, according to league sources, made efforts to move up to No. 2 but don’t have a good match with Minnesota and have narrowed their list of draft hopefuls to about four.

That group would include Kentucky guard Brandin Knight, Lithuanian centre Jonas Valanciunas, San Diego State swingman Kawhi Leonard and Biyombo with Vesely and Connecticut guard Kemba Walker as fallback possibilities.
                            Kemba should be in that 4!!! but please just pick kawhi

Comment

I don't know about that being a wrench. It depends on how much the Cavs are against waiting year. It sounds like a definite deterrent. The above quote about them putting the #4 on the block tells a lot as well.
                              I wonder if the three way deal with Cleveland, Detroit, and Minnesota is still on the table.

Minnesota could throw in a player (Flynn, Ridnour, Webster) and Cleveland could send along pick #32.

Detroit saves $25M, Minnesota gets #4 and #8, and Detroit gets cap space, a rotational player, and a roll of the dice at 32.

It seems to make too much sense for all involved.

Hamilton has been linked to Cleveland twice now - and no rumour began with HoopsWorld or Bleacher Report.

Comment

• http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=369519

CHISHOLM: MANY CANDIDATES STILL IN RUNNING FOR RAPTORS PICK

Comment

Working...
                                X