No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's extremely bold, no doubt. Colangelo drops bombshells though. Maybe the Raptors get a vet in the deal as well? It's a scenario that could play out. Colangelo had a lot of criticism for Andrea at the end of the season. He spoke about the big man like never before. The gloves were off. If he's not traded in the off-season then I anticipate it happening by the deadline. The guy is never going to change. This I am certain.

If he plays for Casey and he still plays horrible defense then his minutes get cut and suddenly teams know that he's never going to change. It's risky to keep him now moving forward.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
      Word is now that Detroit may have promised Tristan Thompson at the 8th. That said, Biyombo is in Charlotte working out for the Bobcats.
      Help me find it, brother. The only news I could find about Thompson and a promise is that the Bucks gave Klay Thompson a promise at #10.

I read somewhere that he was working out for the Bobcats, but I think Jordan might have his sights set of Markeiff Morris.

Comment

• NBAdraft.net has now slotted Thompson into 8th. Good for him if he does it. He would work well with Monroe.

Comment

• Daddy believes in you, Markieff!
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Markieff is the crappy Morris brother right?
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ya marcus is slated to go 5 spots higher and markieff is expected to go as high as 15
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                Help me find it, brother. The only news I could find about Thompson and a promise is that the Bucks gave Klay Thompson a promise at #10.

I read somewhere that he was working out for the Bobcats, but I think Jordan might have his sights set of Markeiff Morris.
                With top prospects in New York Thursday for media and service responsibilities, a person familiar with the draft discussions said the Pistons appear to have zeroed in on Texas small forward Tristan Thompson with the eighth pick. Thompson canceled other scheduled workouts after working out for the Pistons with five other players Wednesday. CBSSports.com

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                  With top prospects in New York Thursday for media and service responsibilities, a person familiar with the draft discussions said the Pistons appear to have zeroed in on Texas small forward Tristan Thompson with the eighth pick. Thompson canceled other scheduled workouts after working out for the Pistons with five other players Wednesday. CBSSports.com
                  Yikes. I hope the Pistons aren't really grooming Thompson to be their swingman of the future. Either that or CBS made a mistake. At any rate, thanks for sharing, maleko.

Comment

• Jazz to take Kanter over Knight? Minnesota to take Kanter at 2?

Oooohhhh.. the scenario it would create should this hold true.

Utah is deciding among four players at No. 3 with two of them likely not within its reach. If Irving and Williams are indeed gone by the time they come on the clock, the Jazz are leaning toward Kanter over Brandon Knight of Kentucky, but that remains a fluid discussion for management.
                    Minnesota had serious discussions Tuesday night about taking Kanter over Williams at No. 2, assuming Irving is off the board. As of late Tuesday, the Timberwolves had Williams slightly ahead of Kanter.
                    LINK

Comment

• I'm actually hoping Kanter is there at five. It doesn't seem likely but I am holding out hope.

Comment

• Everyone I talk to white or black doesn't want BC to draft a euro at least not anyone from this draft alot of people want kemba tho

Comment

• Oh my
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            Everyone I talk to white or black doesn't want BC to draft a euro at least not anyone from this draft alot of people want kemba tho
                            Well, there are a whole lot of people around here, black, white and other, that don't care whether the Raptors draft a Euro, America or a guy from Mars, as long as he's the best player available. Kanter and Valanciunas are the two guys on top of my wish list. Coincidentally, they're both Euro.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I'm sure there must be buyers in the top ten for Bargnani. Does Colangelo have the guts to swap Bargnani for Biyombo? That's like sacrificing a lamb to the basketball god of defense.

Not disagreeing with you Apollo, just want to expand on that thought: Which teams in the top 10 do you think would give up their pick for Bargs?
                              Milwaukee at 10 to put him next to Bogut? I could see that.
                              Charlotte at 9? Not IMO.
                              Detroit at 8? Don't see it.
                              Sac at 7? I could see that.
                              Wash at 6? Not IMO.

Are you talking about a Bargs for the pick+filler, or a Bargs+#5 for the pick+filler? Let's expand on this a little.

EDIT: I think the Raps will give Bargs another year to fit in, and if it doesn't work they'll move him this time next year.

P.S. When does Bargs BYC status change, and how does that affect his value?

Comment

• Ya, I don't know where to put this. I had to post it. This guy is a ****ING BEAST and he's not even a senior yet. My jaw hit the floor when I watch that.

Comment

Working...
                                X