No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can already see whats gonna happen. in the 2011 draft were taking Harrison Barnes. TimW like you mentioned we need a player who will come in and try to improove and really make something of himself. Barnes seems like that guy to me. he was supose to be the #1 overall pick so alot of ppl will be watching him next year to see if he can come around and live up to potential. he is very young, hard working and marketable so i have confidence he will step it up at the next level. Not sure if im right here but with BC managing our team and knowing his style of team i bet he is still trying to make us the pheonix of the north. Watch us draft Harrison barnes and try to make a play for Rubio.
    heres the way i kinda see it:
    pg -rubio - nash
    sg-derozan - jason richardson
    sf- barnes- granthill
    pf - a.johnson/davis - amare

6th man - bayless - barbosa

Not sure about some other camparisons but hopefully you can see where im kinda going with all this.
    thats my prediction for the offseason moves (rubio) and draft(barnes). now we wait and see.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Perry Jones is exactly the type of guy that scares me the most in the draft. He oozes potential, but does not appear to have any of the intangibles that make a great player: focus, drive, mental toughness. Sure, you can write some of that off as him simply being young, but it doesn't necessarily mean he'll get it. One of the things I liked about both DeRozan and Davis is they both had that drive and focus. I don't see it in Jones.

If Jones had gone to a big school, like Duke or Kentucky, and he was putting up the numbers he has, I could see that. But Baylor simply isn't talented enough for him not to be trying to dominate with the potential he has. Maybe he'll turn it on, but at this point, I'd rather let someone else take a flyer on him. I really don't want the Raptors to be drafting Tracy McGrady 2.0, quite frankly. There's a reason he's never been out of the first round and never fulfilled his potential.
      Ya one of the big things with Baylor is that they're just not getting him the touches. When he actually does get the ball, he's been pretty dominant. If you look up the stats, he's getting some of the lowest touch percentages in the league for someone playing the minutes he does. His teammates take notoriously BAD shots and have horrible shot selection, and he suffers because of it. I think in a bigger school with a better program it would be more properly geared to his skill set. Baylor just hasn't done that.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Ya one of the big things with Baylor is that they're just not getting him the touches. When he actually does get the ball, he's been pretty dominant. If you look up the stats, he's getting some of the lowest touch percentages in the league for someone playing the minutes he does. His teammates take notoriously BAD shots and have horrible shot selection, and he suffers because of it. I think in a bigger school with a better program it would be more properly geared to his skill set. Baylor just hasn't done that.
        I'm going to need to watch more of Baylor. Still, the whole "tends to be a little lazy" tag is a big red flag, for me.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I think after watch the games over the weekend I am leaning toward Terrance jones and jimmer for our 2 first round picks.

We need to address our needs as a team and Terrance would fit the 3 spot better than perry IMO.

Jimmer will make teams In the NBA game plan for him. I have one of those feels this kid will do big things and if on draft night we need to trade a vet player to get him then we do it.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
            Still, the whole "tends to be a little lazy" tag is a big red flag, for me.
            I can't disagree with that. But I've also heard that he's an INCREDIBLE student and is very, very smart and dedicated to his studies, so one can only hope that once that 'distraction' is out of the way, perhaps he'll apply that drive and focus to the court.

Not to mention when the coaches are giving your shots to a few nobodies who can't hit a bulldozer, I'd be a little discouraged as well. Still no excuse, but the coaching staff there are completely screwing him.

Comment

I can't disagree with that. But I've also heard that he's an INCREDIBLE student and is very, very smart and dedicated to his studies, so one can only hope that once that 'distraction' is out of the way, perhaps he'll apply that drive and focus to the court.

Not to mention when the coaches are giving your shots to a few nobodies who can't hit a bulldozer, I'd be a little discouraged as well. Still no excuse, but the coaching staff there are completely screwing him.
              The first half vs. Vanderbilt was brutal. He was not used at all.

Part of this is maturation and learning to play WITH and AGAINST higher level talent at each level you go from whether it be HS, college, or pro's. For a lot of people it is a big adjustment becuase each level you go up, the number of guys who are 'the man' decreases significantly. Some players never adjust to their new role at a higher level - and for many it costs them a nice profitable career.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                The first half vs. Vanderbilt was brutal. He was not used at all.
                I'm not sure if the coaching staff there aren't trying to send a message to these 'one and done' kids... like its blatant their ignoring him on offense. I'm wondering if perhaps the whole #1 tag went to his head and has been slacking in practice? Not sure, but its pretty clear they are giving the touches to the other players; and they're not hitting the shots.

Comment

I'm not sure if the coaching staff there aren't trying to send a message to these 'one and done' kids... like its blatant their ignoring him on offense. I'm wondering if perhaps the whole #1 tag went to his head and has been slacking in practice? Not sure, but its pretty clear they are giving the touches to the other players; and they're not hitting the shots.
                  THe #1 tag thing very well could have. Look at McCamey at Illinois. His coach came out a few days ago and said the hangers-on, the agents, the runners, inner-circle were all polluting his game.

In Kentucky's coahces defense, they did use him very effectively in the 2nd half. I was not impressed with Liggins. He is a junior who is best suited as a role player, IMO, and he was outside his abilities, again IMO. Also keep in mind this is the first full Kentucky game all year.

There will be enough stories/articles/rumours/background checks soon enough to find out what Jones is all about.

Comment

• Let's draft the Morris twins... They both rebound, play defense, one of them can score. They look exactly the same, they have the exact same tattoes. Would be funny to have them both

Comment

• http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...nch/index.html

An NBA scout take on many potential draft picks.

Comment

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...nch/index.html

good read....I'd like his take on the Euro guys too - Kanter and the Lithuanian Centre. I think the Raps should consider them over a lot of these 6-7 to 6-9 forward type guys.

I have an interesting hypothetical scenario: at what point in the draft would be willing to flip the pick straight up for Rubio?

its complicated because it comes down to how much you value the players available at that spot, how much you value Rubio, whether you could confirm he's coming over, etc....but I think its an interesting scenario out there

remember this really stands out from the article "This is a point guards' league, it's not a centers' league anymore"

If Rubio was in this draft, I think he'd be neck-and-neck with Irving for the top pick
                        Last edited by Ruuuuu; Tue Feb 15, 2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Love seeing Tristan Thompson getting some love. Dude's a 1st round, possible lottery pick, if he declares. Not to mention he plays for the best the team in the country.

Comment

adding Kenneth Faried to my list

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              adding Kenneth Faried to my list
                              Yes. Any guy who is averaging 2 plus steals and 2 plus blocks and double digits rebounds is a prime candidate to replace Dorsey and/or Evans on the cheap and with more potential.

Comment

• http://hoopshype.com/draft.htm

The lastest HoopsHype mock draft has Irving at 4 to the Raptors.

Sullinger
                                Williams
                                P. Jones
                                Irving

Comment

Working...
                                X