• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Mock Draft

1. Cleveland
    Cavaliers

Jared Sullinger 6-9 PF Ohio State / Freshman

Sullinger may lack the upside of other prospects like Perry Jones, but teams knows exactly what they are getting with him and he has a chance to be a dominant interior force for years to come. The Buckeyes lost their chance at running the table by losing to Wisconsin, but they appear to be the frontrunner to win the national championship
    , which would certainly help Sullinger's bid to be the top overall pick. What Sullinger lacks in speed and athleticism, he makes up for in strength, toughness and skill. He has the ability to knock down shots all the way out to three-point range and has a feel for the game of a coach's son. His agility and foot speed for a player with his dimensions is truly remarkable. An NBA
    workout regimen and focus on diet should also enhance his quickness and mobility.
    2. Sacramento
    Kings

Derrick Williams 6-8 SF Arizona / Sophomore
    3. Minnesota
    Timberwolves

Perry Jones 6-11 SF Baylor / Freshman
    4. Toronto
    Raptors

Kyrie Irving 6-2 PG Duke / Freshman
    It's still unclear when Kyrie Irving will be back in action but if he's able to return to his pre-injury form, he should easily be the top PG off the board and will stand an excellent shot to be a top 5 pick. Scouts still believe he's a legitimate No. 1 pick candidate, but having missed a majority of the season makes it a challenge for him. Can he go first overall? "For sure. He's got some Chris Paul to his game and a chance to be special. But the injury and missing time is obviously a concern," one NBA scout said recently.
    5. Washington
    Wizards

Enes Kanter 6-11 PF Kentucky / Freshman
    Source: HoopsHype.com
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Feb 16, 2011, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• lol the year he got picked first was a really deep draft arenas went in the second round

Comment

• Anyone still interested in Harison Barnes, i tihnk it might be a perfect oppirtunity to scoop up another lottery steal.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
            Anyone still interested in Harison Barnes, i tihnk it might be a perfect oppirtunity to scoop up another lottery steal.
            My fear is he seems passive. Lots of jump shots, rebounding is not eye-popping, few steals and blocks. He is no longer the slasher and penetrator he supposedly was in high school. If the Raps are picking around 5-8 and he is hte best left on the board, no question, but a top 3 pick? I'm not convinced.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              My fear is he seems passive. Lots of jump shots, rebounding is not eye-popping, few steals and blocks. He is no longer the slasher and penetrator he supposedly was in high school. If the Raps are picking around 5-8 and he is hte best left on the board, no question, but a top 3 pick? I'm not convinced.
              The dude is not posting up stats and all, but he can hit the shots he needs to hit. We have no 'clinical' finishers, DeRozan can hit the open shot, just like Amir. And Bargnani can hit clutch shots (he has had a few shots which weren't last second shots, but go us in the game etc...) but a guy like Barnes, who is big and quick and hard to defend, he'll be great. I think he will be a far better NBA player, than he is in college. If we get the 4th pick, and he's available, I'd take him.

Comment

• He'd be better off with another year in college. If he enters, he'll probably be in the lotto for sure - some of his skills and his potential warrant it, however, but it'll be lower lotto as opposed to higher lotto.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                  The dude is not posting up stats and all, but he can hit the shots he needs to hit. We have no 'clinical' finishers, DeRozan can hit the open shot, just like Amir. And Bargnani can hit clutch shots (he has had a few shots which weren't last second shots, but go us in the game etc...) but a guy like Barnes, who is big and quick and hard to defend, he'll be great. I think he will be a far better NBA player, than he is in college. If we get the 4th pick, and he's available, I'd take him.
                  If I'm making the selection, I'm looking for more than a jump shooting SF. The games I have seen and the reviews I've read all question where is his driving and putting the ball on the floor. Terrence Jones is who I'm looking to take at SF if at all possible. Rebounding and defense are more important than anything offensive at this point of the rebuild. This is all my opinion of course - there is no right or wrong here, just opinions.

Comment

• Based on talent alone, Terrence Jones has a wealth of it, but is his attitude going to be right coming into the league? Is he going to be a disturbance? A coach-killer? GM's are gonna be asking themselves that in the back of their mind. However, if he leads UK to a final 4 or national title - along with a tournament allstar nomination, I'm sure a lot of teams will be willing to overlook those problems.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      If I'm making the selection, I'm looking for more than a jump shooting SF. The games I have seen and the reviews I've read all question where is his driving and putting the ball on the floor. Terrence Jones is who I'm looking to take at SF if at all possible. Rebounding and defense are more important than anything offensive at this point of the rebuild. This is all my opinion of course - there is no right or wrong here, just opinions.
                      It's either them two if they both are available. But Barnes could still end up very explosive, and has far more potential IMO than Jones. But I'm trusting BC will do the right thing, if one thing he's good at, it's drafting players.

Comment

• I don't think the raps should take the gamble on barnes.
                        We should draft one of Derrick Williams or Terrence Jones, they both provide what we need: DEFENSE and rebounding.

Comment

• I don't think you have to worry about them taking a chance on Barnes. He's played himself out of most mock drafts.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I don't think you have to worry about them taking a chance on Barnes. He's played himself out of most mock drafts.
                            And then watch. He'll slip all the way to San Antonio, and ONCE AGAIN they'll have a steal on their hands and keep them dominant for years. Thats just how it works, for some reason. haha

Comment

• Maybe. Maybe he'll simply pull out and wait a year. He's only a freshman. Another year of university might lead to a far larger pay day rather than falling far in the draft and then not getting adequately compensated for his skills for the entirety of his rookie deal.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Maybe. Maybe he'll simply pull out and wait a year. He's only a freshman. Another year of university might lead to a far larger pay day rather than falling far in the draft and then not getting adequately compensated for his skills for the entirety of his rookie deal.
                                Ya its true.
                                OR could pull a Wesley Matthews. Sign as a free agent after the draft for 1 year. Play big, then sign a HUGE second year contract. Dudes making more than any sophomore in the league. Thats big time.

Comment

Working...
                                X