2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    People need to remember we haven't even had the NCAA Tournament yet. Most drafts are HUGELY influenced by players play in the tournament. Mock Boards will change drastically during, and after, March Madness.

I can almost promise there is someone not being mentioned in the Top 20 who will climb up the board based solely on his play during the tournament. Gordon Hayward ring a bell?
    with that being said I am high on Jimmer especially with the raps adding James Johnson I don't think with James and wright we need to add terrence Jones or perry Jones neither are turning into Kevin Durant or Camelo Anthony I could be wrong but just not feeling these guys on that level. Kylrie irving looks good but if your looking for impact player right away, jimmer is probably the guy you want.

We are going to lose a warrior in reggie evans at the end of the season and for that reason I am very high on kenneth faried because he is younger and I think with training we could give him the fundamentals on offense to be productive, so unless someone blows me away during march madness jimmer, irving, and faried I want to see here come draft day.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      with that being said I am high on Jimmer especially with the raps adding James Johnson I don't think with James and wright we need to add terrence Jones or perry Jones neither are turning into Kevin Durant or Camelo Anthony I could be wrong but just not feeling these guys on that level. Kylrie irving looks good but if your looking for impact player right away, jimmer is probably the guy you want.

We are going to lose a warrior in reggie evans at the end of the season and for that reason I am very high on kenneth faried because he is younger and I think with training we could give him the fundamentals on offense to be productive, so unless someone blows me away during march madness jimmer, irving, and faried I want to see here come draft day.
      I love Jimmer, but if both him and Irving are available I think it is a no brainer.....do I have to tell you who everyone would pick?
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Jimmer is a very one dimensional player and most likely will be available towards the end of the first round, beginning of second. That said, I do like him and was all for drafting him with our miami pick but then again I'm happier with JJ. Maybe we can get him with our 2nd.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Draft shake-up and are we falling to 5?

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Exactly. The team with the most lotto balls has a 1 in 4 or 25% chance to win. In other words there is a 3 in 4 or 75% chance they won't win.

The same holds true for the Raps. They could be slated to pick 3 or 4 and fall to 5 or 6 (PLEEEEASE GOD NO!).
          Sorry to say but the post-trade deadline ramifications and the draft is becoming more intriguing (especially when most stars seem to be jockeying for position before the CBA expires). There will be drama in the draft for sure! According to the latest NBA draft chatter at ESPN, Kyrie Irving is the target of Cleveland. Here's the article and the latest mockdraft standings.

The 2011 NBA trade deadline was one of the most eventful ever. Nearly 10 percent of the players in the league changed teams over the past week.

And while we're sifting through the aftermath, one thing is clear: This year's deadline maneuvering will have major ramifications for the 2011 NBA draft. A whopping six first-round picks (two of them likely lottery picks) were traded this week.

Many GMs and scouts have commented on the weakness of this year's draft and GMs seemed to be voting with their feet months before the actual draft.

Said a Clippers source after the team sent its first-round pick to Cleveland, "This just shows you how much we hate this draft."

OK. But one team's trash is another team's treasure and teams like the Cavs were celebrating the acquisition of the Clippers' pick.

Who got what and how will it impact the draft? Here's a breakdown (along with a link to our newly updated Lottery Mock Draft):
          Source: ESPN.com
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Kylrie irving looks good but if your looking for impact player right away, jimmer is probably the guy you want.
            Kyrie walked in to a National Championship Duke team and had seniors like Nolan Smith and Kyle Singler immediately follow his lead. He is a true PG in every sense of the word with an awesome jump shot, great passing skills, great penetrating ability, and very good defensive presence at the PG position. He is a student of the game and a competitive person. He is also, from all accounts, very mature and humble. This is exactly the guy - if healthy - who I want on the Raptors for the long haul.

Comment

• But Perry and Terence Jones looks very intruiging also. Kyrie may well go first overall. After that, either of the Jones' will make me happy.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Wow, two Lithuanian 7 footers have entered the top ten of ESPN's mock draft. One has the inside game, one looks more like a Bargnani type big man.

If the Raptors hold their current position and the draft were to play out like the way ESPN is saying I would much rather see them go with Barnes than Jones. Jared Sullinger would be great with the Raptors but only if Colangelo was willing to move Bargnani. One would think that Bargnani would net the team an excellent young wing or PG...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Wow, two Lithuanian 7 footers have entered the top ten of ESPN's mock draft. One has the inside game, one looks more like a Bargnani type big man.

If the Raptors hold their current position and the draft were to play out like the way ESPN is saying I would much rather see them go with Barnes than Jones. Jared Sullinger would be great with the Raptors but only if Colangelo was willing to move Bargnani. One would think that Bargnani would net the team an excellent young wing or PG...
                  Who is the Raptor's center then? Sullinger is a 6'8"-6'9" power forward, Ed Davis does not have the frame, Amir is to skinny as well to play the 5 spot for 82 games.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• If Ed Davis commits to the gym, and maybe we trade back in for a Lucas Noqueira or Fab Melo, we would be fine. I would love for us to trade Bargnani for Fylnn and Beasly.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Wow, two Lithuanian 7 footers have entered the top ten of ESPN's mock draft. One has the inside game, one looks more like a Bargnani type big man.

Barnes is not showing as much promise right now. The two Jones' are still far appealing IMO. Perhaps he's a late bloomer. I cannot see this draft being weaker than 2006. I just can't.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Kyrie walked in to a National Championship Duke team and had seniors like Nolan Smith and Kyle Singler immediately follow his lead. He is a true PG in every sense of the word with an awesome jump shot, great passing skills, great penetrating ability, and very good defensive presence at the PG position. He is a student of the game and a competitive person. He is also, from all accounts, very mature and humble. This is exactly the guy - if healthy - who I want on the Raptors for the long haul.
                        balls of steel link to the mock draft has irving at #1 overall pick are we really looking at derrick rose, allen iverson type player?

Comment

• story on jimmer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNftJlYmbMs&NR=1

I like the part where he says he refuses to be a liability on defense.

Comment

• I'd love it if we drafted Jimmer, his shooting/scoring ability is jaw dropping.

Comment

balls of steel link to the mock draft has irving at #1 overall pick are we really looking at derrick rose, allen iverson type player?
                              No, he is not that type of player. He is not as fast or explosive. He is coming in to the league with an already developed jump shot something those guys, especially Rose, did not have. If you are looking for a comparison to a current NBA player, the one I've seen the most is Chris Paul.

Comment

• 3 games on CBS, 2 of which I'm hoping to catch. First is SYracuse and Georgetown. The two of real interest are:

BYU (JIMMER) vs. SDSU (KAWHI)

Florida vs. UK (Jones)

Comment

Working...
                                X