No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd take Irving, for sure, if he's available. He'll be a perfect fit with DeRozan, Davis, etc. If he's not there, I'd take Barnes. I like this kid and think he has a chance to be the best player in this draft when all is said and done. Right now, we gotta hope the Raps keep losing games and get at least the 3rd pick in the lottery. Hopefully, Washington and Minnesota get the top two picks. The Wizards won't take Irving since they have Wall. Minnesota is also unlikely to take Irving since they have Rubio and Flynn.

Comment

• Considering he was the very last option on offense I'd say it was
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• jd4 wrote: View Post
        I'd take Irving, for sure, if he's available. He'll be a perfect fit with DeRozan, Davis, etc. If he's not there, I'd take Barnes. I like this kid and think he has a chance to be the best player in this draft when all is said and done. Right now, we gotta hope the Raps keep losing games and get at least the 3rd pick in the lottery. Hopefully, Washington and Minnesota get the top two picks. The Wizards won't take Irving since they have Wall. Minnesota is also unlikely to take Irving since they have Rubio and Flynn.
        I hope so my brotha. Can't wait till the DRAFT!!!!!

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          Considering he was the very last option on offense I'd say it was
          I am not looking at getting into a pissing match, but even if he is the last option he still was a starter and has shown nice growth in year 2. If Jimmer does put up 6.3 ppg off the bench in his rookie year that would not be bad, it would be better than highly touted rookies tis year like Xavier Henry, Al Farouq Aminu, Pattrick Paterson and Gordon Hayward. I am not saying we should use our top 5 (I hope) pick on Jimmer, but I am not writing this guy off as an NBA player, Think Jameer Nelson...
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• If toronto get a top 3 pick they should trade it for both of utahs and then draft Brandon Knight and Lucas nogueira
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• UCON PG Kemba Walker on BC's radar

Anyone who follows NCAA basketball may have witness OSU's other-worldly thrashing of the Wisconsin badgers shooting a record shattering 14 for 15 from downtown.

The other interesting thing heading in to march madness is which players stock is rising and falling.

Emerging college stars who have radically increased their NBA stock

Kemba Walker, UConn

6-foot-2, Junior, Point Guard

The former McDonald's All-American was already considered one of the top point guard prospects in college basketball entering the season, but not many people anticipated him developing into one of the nation's leading scorers and a charismatic floor general for an undefeated UConn team currently ranked No. 4 in the country.

Walker's shooting percentages are through the roof, while his turnovers are down, despite carrying an incredibly heavy load for his team offensively every night. A likely first rounder had he entered the draft after last season, Walker is now drawing comparisons to Brandon Jennings and is looking more and more like a top-10 pick with each game he plays. Sometimes staying in school does pay off.
              Raptor fans should make a point of watching all UCONN games from here on in - unless they snag #1 in lottery kyle irving will be gone and this could be your 2011 draft pick.

Kemba dunks on Jrue Holiday
              Last edited by charlz; Mon Mar 7, 2011, 11:07 AM.
              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/schedules

next UCONN game Tuesday March 8 vs DePaul (ESPN2)

Comment

• Where does it say that BC is interested in Walker? Every GM in the league has a draft board and players are on their radar, it does not mean that they want that player, they are just projecting where they will go.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                    Where does it say that BC is interested in Walker? Every GM in the league has a draft board and players are on their radar, it does not mean that they want that player, they are just projecting where they will go.
                    Maybe change the title to include "should be on BC's radar"?

Comment

• I know BC was checking in on Walker about a month ago. Walker being listed at 6'2" is really generous. He's more like 5'10"-5'11". He's got a lot of speed to burn and he's a pesky defender. I'd say he's TJ Ford without the court vision and floor general skills.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Canadians? Ok, well he's out playing ALL of the American PG's in the states right now.
                        I'm not sure where you're from, or who you're specifically referring too, but the NCAA is already littered with Canadian talent, and there's only going to be more coming. I think you need adjust your opinion on 'Canadians' when it comes to basketball, because you might be surprised. The NBA will be seeing MANY more of them. Cory Joseph and Tristan Thompson will only be the beginning.

Myck Kabongo is going to be big. Wait and see, indeed.
                        I heard an interview with Kabongo and he is well spoken and very impressive as far as his attitude goes. Also his dream is to play for the Raptors and there aren't many highly touted draft picks you can say that about.

Comment

• j bean wrote: View Post
                          I heard an interview with Kabongo and he is well spoken and very impressive as far as his attitude goes. Also his dream is to play for the Raptors and there aren't many highly touted draft picks you can say that about.
                          Agreed. All is not lost is the Raps do not get Irving this year. A solid SF for the future is another very important building block. There will be a number of PG's available next year - Kabonga, if he continues to develop as he has, is just one of them.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            I know BC was checking in on Walker about a month ago. Walker being listed at 6'2" is really generous. He's more like 5'10"-5'11". He's got a lot of speed to burn and he's a pesky defender. I'd say he's TJ Ford without the court vision and floor general skills.
                            TJ ford with out the lacking maturity

Comment

• j bean wrote: View Post
                              I think that's the one thing that jumps out to most scouts and analysts is his mature-beyond-his-years type attitude. Alot of the ELITE players in the NBA exhibited similar traits from a very young age.

Not to mention he is ranked #2 among ALL PGs, and is being touted and the best PURE PG prospect of his class, and to come out in a long, long time.

The fact he's come out and made a point to say the Raps would be a dream, makes it only more of a no-brainer that we need to make him the PG of our future.

And once Texas makes the Final Four, than Corey Joseph and Tristan Thompson will be getting the true recognition they have been robbed of thus far into the NCAA season. And once they add Kabongo NEXT season, that is a team to be reckoned with.

Comment

• Unless he flunks (seems unlikly) I wouldn't put my money on us getting him. He's most likely going to be a top 3 pick and I don't think Raps will be that bad next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X