No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It'd be pretty easy to get a midround pick this year. I wouldn't be upset if we ended up with Barnes and Walker.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      It'd be pretty easy to get a midround pick this year. I wouldn't be upset if we ended up with Barnes and Walker.
      If the Raps could buy or trade for a mid-first rounder, the player I'd be looking for is Lucas Nogueira. He looks like another Ibaka to me - a raw, freak athlete still learning how to put their abilities to use in basketball (Ibaka is obviously much more developed NOW but look back 2 years ago). They could draft him and send him to Europe for a year or two if they were worried about him rotting on the bench in the NBA - I'd be fine with that as he is only 18.

*IT should be noted that for every Ibaka there is Petro, Sene, POB, and a million others who do not put it all together*

Comment

• I don't know if I missed it in all these pages (haven't kept up for a week or so) but I see a lot of statements about Cleveland taking Irving around the site, etc. They do have two picks, but being the worst record only means you get in top 4. In reality, since 1990, the worst record has only won the lottery 3 times(one of those was a team tied for worst record), and 2nd worst only won 4 times. In 20yrs! 3rd-5th won 9 times, and that's where the Raptors project. The worst record only has a 25% chance, which means 75% chance of NOT getting the top pick.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
          I don't know if I missed it in all these pages (haven't kept up for a week or so) but I see a lot of statements about Cleveland taking Irving around the site, etc. They do have two picks, but being the worst record only means you get in top 4. In reality, since 1990, the worst record has only won the lottery 3 times(one of those was a team tied for worst record), and 2nd worst only won 4 times. In 20yrs! 3rd-5th won 9 times, and that's where the Raptors project. The worst record only has a 25% chance, which means 75% chance of NOT getting the top pick.
          Very good point - one which I've commented on before, the 1 in 4.

I did not know the exact stats. That is good research, thank you.

Comment

• What do you think the Record for our team will be next year?

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
              What do you think the Record for our team will be next year?
              Depends on who we draft/get in the offseason but I'd say 30-35 (if half the team doesn't get injured again).

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Very good point - one which I've commented on before, the 1 in 4.

I did not know the exact stats. That is good research, thank you.
                You're welcome. I got curious and started digging. In reality I got interested in the chances if we are 5th and the results are interesting. Since 1990 (chosen since that is the year the current system went into play - ie. no more envelopes with crushing to potentially fix the results) and very interesting that the 5th worst record has won the top pick the most! Conicidentally that is where the Raps sit right now. 2nd, 3rd or 5th are fine by me. Do we want them to get to 4th worst and pass Washington? Um not going by history. If you are a statistician then perhaps. The results by worst record up (worst, 2nd=2nd worst etc.) and number of times winning the lottery since 1990:

Worst: 3 (2 if you knock out 1990 ha!)
                2nd: 4
                3rd: 4
                4th: NONE
                5th: 5
                6th: 2
                7th: 1
                9th: 1
                11th: 1 (lucky Orlando bastards won 2yrs in a row getting Shaq and Hardaway I believe).

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                  Conicidentally that is where the Raps sit right now.
                  Toronto was 5th in 2006 and I think it is well known what happened there.

Comment

Toronto was 5th in 2006 and I think it is well known what happened there.
                    Yes forgot to mention that point.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      Depends on who we draft/get in the offseason but I'd say 30-35 (if half the team doesn't get injured again).
                      I dunno i have high hopes for next year. i'd say 35+ wins. If we make it to the playoffs with the 8th seed it would be a bonus, but i seriously doubt that will happen unless Derozan explodes with 20+ppg and we sign some solid players and get some sweet draft picks.

Comment

• At this point i still think the raps scouting looks like this irving, Dwill, barnes,

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                          At this point i still think the raps scouting looks like this irving, Dwill, barnes,
                          Irving is now saying he will enter the draft if he projects to be a top2 pick. Makes you wonder which board he will be watching.

Comment

• Aran Smith: Latest scouting report on Kyrie Irving: Sources claiming if projected as a top 2 pick he will enter 2011 NBA Draft... Twitter

Whoops. I didn't see Maleko posted this.

Comment

• http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/13/ma...1&pagewanted=7

Perry Jones is definitely coming out from the quote of his former coach:

Does Lawrence Johns, Jones’s mentor, think the player will return to Baylor for a sophomore season? “Come on, man,” he replied, when I asked him. “What would you do? He’ll leave. You looked at these draft boards. NBADraft.net. ESPN. Everybody’s got him top five. No one expected this. That’s what you work for.”

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/13/ma...1&pagewanted=7

Perry Jones is definitely coming out from the quote of his former coach:

Does Lawrence Johns, Jones’s mentor, think the player will return to Baylor for a sophomore season? “Come on, man,” he replied, when I asked him. “What would you do? He’ll leave. You looked at these draft boards. NBADraft.net. ESPN. Everybody’s got him top five. No one expected this. That’s what you work for.”
                                Can Perry Jones effectively play the 3? I have read a number of scouting reports on him which are somewhat all over the place, but I haven't seen him play. With his reported ball handling skills and abilities, at 6'11" he could be a strong candidate for long term. It would build length, which is what the Lakers bother everyone else about, across the board from 3-5 for the Raps.
                                Again haven't had the chance to see him, so I don't know what he would mean for us, just inquiring.

Comment

Working...
                                X