• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh he can go
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
      Ya so now Cleveland is looking at Irving first, and then Barnes with their second pick (from the Clippers). All comes down to the lottery!

Source: http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/37356
      I want to see their plan fail, those Scrubs in Clevelands don't deserve Sh**.

Comment

• Perry Jones Declared Ineligible

Baylor freshman forward Perry Jones III has been declared ineligible for a pre-enrollment amateurism violation/preferential treatment, school officials announced before the Bears were to take the floor to face Oklahoma in the opening round of the 2011 Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship. This is not considered to be an institutional violation of NCAA rules.

Baylor University was informed of the NCAA's decision on Jones III on Wednesday afternoon and immediately appealed to have his eligibility reinstated.

"We are profoundly disappointed in the timing and determination in this matter," said Baylor Director of Athletics Ian McCaw. "This outcome appears to be inconsistent with other recent, widely discussed NCAA decisions."

Jones III had no knowledge of three, 15-day loans between his mother and AAU coach that were provided while Jones III was in high school. The loans were repaid in a timely manner, according to interviews conducted by Baylor officials and the NCAA staff. Prior to his enrollment at Baylor, Jones' AAU coach also paid for Jones' travel to a professional pre-season football game in San Diego, Calif.

McCaw indicated that Baylor has been cooperative and transparent in working with the NCAA through this process, and that no Baylor representatives were involved or aware of any preferential treatment between the AAU coach and Jones' family, whose relationship dates to at least the sixth grade.

"Perry is to be commended for being cooperative and forthcoming during this unfortunate process," McCaw said
        Source: RealGM.com

Do he slide in the draft because of this? Hard to say.

Comment

• If he's there at 5 I saw we take him, if not get Fredette.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            If he's there at 5 I saw we take him, if not get Fredette.
            No way on Fredette at a top 5 pick man. (EDIT: sorry, in my opinion)

Comment

• Fredette is a pretty big reach based on current mock drafts and what I've actually seen him do. People shouldn't be too gone over his scoring numbers. Just think back to the year where Adam Morrison and JJ Redick were dropping huge numbers in the scoring race.

Comment

• I really can't, for the life of me, figure out why NO ONE is talking about Tristan Thompson.

He's Second in Scoring behind only Jordan Hamilton, and he Leads the Longhorns in Field Goal %, Rebounding, Blocked Shots and Steals. This is ALL for arguably the best team in the country.
                And he's from Brampton! What's it going to take to get some Canadian love behind this kid??
                This is why they're all going down South. We don't even support our own.

Comment

• It's because the Raptors are probably selecting in the top 5.

Comment

• Hiyo!
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      It's because the Raptors are probably selecting in the top 5.
                      And yet I've heard talk of Jimmer, Kemba, Faried, Singler, Honeycutt etc. and ALL are projected to go lower than Thompson.
                      Even the guy playing better than him at Texas is projected to go lower. Give him a solid tournament and Thompson is Top-10.

If BC wants to reeally endear himself to the fans, he needs to do whatever it takes to go out and get the rights to this kid.

Comment

• Kemba is slotted into many mock drafts in the top ten and has drawn Tim Hardaway comparisons. The Raptors are in need of a PG. I think mentioning him is justified. As for the rest, I don't know man, I never brought them up. You sort of asked a question and I answered it with what I feel is true. If someone made a similar statement about Jimmer or Faried or...Whoever(you get the picture) I'd say the same thing. It's because the Raptors have a top five pick. There are a bunch of guys I'd rather see playing here than Thompson and I don't think this is the draft where you reach on a player... Well, I don't think any draft is a draft where you reach on a player.

Comment

Kemba is slotted into many mock drafts in the top ten and has drawn Tim Hardaway comparisons. The Raptors are in need of a PG. I think mentioning him is justified. As for the rest, I don't know man, I never brought them up. You sort of asked a question and I answered it with what I feel is true. If someone made a similar statement about Jimmer or Faried or...Whoever(you get the picture) I'd say the same thing. It's because the Raptors have a top five pick. There are a bunch of guys I'd rather see playing here than Thompson and I don't think this is the draft where you reach on a player... Well, I don't think any draft is a draft where you reach on a player.
                          I'd say we're more in need of a Forward who can defend and rebound and score the ball all with a very high efficiency, then we are in need of a PG.
                          And I do obviously see what you're saying, I personally don't think Thompson really is much a reach. Especially in a draft where picks 10-22 are going to be relatively similar in terms of talent level.

I think we need to wait for March Madness at this point before making any further projections. It's ALL going to change.

ADD And if Chicago ends up getting him with the Miami Pick, then that is the ONLY way I'm pissed about that deal. haha

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            I'd say we're more in need of a Forward who can defend and rebound and score the ball all with a very high efficiency, then we are in need of a PG.
                            And I do obviously see what you're saying, I personally don't think Thompson really is much a reach. Especially in a draft where picks 10-22 are going to be relatively similar in terms of talent level.

I think we need to wait for March Madness at this point before making any further projections. It's ALL going to change.

ADD And if Chicago ends up getting him with the Miami Pick, then that is the ONLY way I'm pissed about that deal. haha
                            He wont drop that low..

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              I really can't, for the life of me, figure out why NO ONE is talking about Tristan Thompson.

He's Second in Scoring behind only Jordan Hamilton, and he Leads the Longhorns in Field Goal %, Rebounding, Blocked Shots and Steals. This is ALL for arguably the best team in the country.
                              And he's from Brampton! What's it going to take to get some Canadian love behind this kid??
                              This is why they're all going down South. We don't even support our own.
                              I'd be really shocked if Tristian comes out this year, him Joseph and Kabongo all wanted to play together at Texas

Comment

Fredette is a pretty big reach based on current mock drafts and what I've actually seen him do. People shouldn't be too gone over his scoring numbers. Just think back to the year where Adam Morrison and JJ Redick were dropping huge numbers in the scoring race.
                                That is one of the misconsesptions about him though. He doesn't just score, he's a leader and had underrated passing ability. If his team wasn't so shit he'd probably be averaging 6+ assists (he's averaging 4.5 (or something) on a [very] weak team).

I am pretty sure his value will go up after march madness (right now he's at #10 on NBADraft.net).

Comment

Working...
                                X