2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    did you see that game winner? incredible.

a pg that can create his own shot...
    But Bayless does it, it's seen as Selfish and Un-PG of him.

Comment

• im cool if bayless wants to do it, hes just got to be more decisive and get it done
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

Hinrich wasn't as good of an overall scorer as Jimmer. He can't attack the basket like him.

I guess everyone has their right to their own opinion. I can't wait for the March Madness should be really fun.
        I just finished saying that Jimmer is being overrated due to his scoring numbers and suggested you all look back to the Adam Morrison, JJ Redick scoring race of '06. You're right, he looks to be a better scorer... In NCAA but whether or not that translates to him being a good scorer in the NBA is hard to say. Hinrich is an excellent defender and distributor. He's tough. He was all those things in NCAA play. I still stand by my statement of him being a better player in NCAA. I don't care about the scoring. Hinrich was a solid scorer but did so many other things on an elite college level.

By the way, Hinrich shot 3% better from the field than Fredette. 4% better from downtown. He had more assists and rebounds.

Comment

• Sickest step-back EVER.
          Holy snap. I'm a Walker fan now.

Comment

• According to nbadraft.net hell be the 26th pick one behind Miami's.

If we can draft Harrison Barnes and trade calderon/bayless for kemba walker we would be back on track.

walker/bayless or calderon
            derozan/weems
            barnes/johnson
            davis/johnson
            bargnani
            Not a bad depth chart

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

Sickest step-back EVER.
              OMFG That was insanely sick.
              ---------------

Game winning floater (from Jan). Holy shit.
              Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Mar 10, 2011, 05:12 PM.

Comment

^ OMFG That was insanely sick.
                ---------------

Game winning floater (from Jan). Holy shit.
                ya I saw this one a little while ago.
                Dudes got Onions.

But ya... that Step-Back... knocked a guy over it was so good. HAH
                Last edited by Joey; Fri Mar 11, 2011, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• i mean that was a nice step-back and all but it's kinda like if derrick rose broke kendrick perkins ankles or something. would that impress you as much? they got the switch they wanted with gary mghee on him so walker went at him. nice play call, not well defended by pitt.

not to take anything away from walker, he's got huge balls and i've always liked his game. wish he was a little bigger.

Comment

That is one of the misconsesptions about him though. He doesn't just score, he's a leader and had underrated passing ability. If his team wasn't so shit he'd probably be averaging 6+ assists (he's averaging 4.5 (or something) on a [very] weak team).

I am pretty sure his value will go up after march madness (right now he's at #10 on NBADraft.net).
                    you've spouted garbage like this about a dozen times in this thread and it makes me wonder if you've ever heard of BYU before you took a shining to jimmer. they are a perennial mid-major powerhouse and have been since the days of danny ainge.

the whole team can shoot lights out and they run like crazy. there's a lot more to that team than jimmer (though he's obviously their best player and one of the best in all of college). any team that can make it to third (out of 345 teams) is doing it with more than one player, i don't care if he's michael jordan.

also for those shitting on that conference the mountain west is an awesome league and not at all weak. this year they are better than the PAC 10, SEC, A-10, and conference usa for example.

Comment

• finally i don't see the perry jones thing affecting his stock at all. basically amounts to a one game suspension. they weren't making the tourney unless they got the big-12 automatic bid, and since they're eliminated now their season is effectively over. unless they make the NIT, but no one puts much stock in that tournament anyway.

on top of all that, i don't think he did anything wrong. it's not like a character question. the team loaned some dough to his mom while he was in HS. who cares? there are plenty of reasons i'd pause on taking him but that ain't on the list

Comment

• Kemba

NEW YORK -- As he dribbled around the top of the key, waiting patiently for the clock to click down to go time, Kemba Walker eventually looked up.

And what he saw in front of him was a sight that would make any guard schooled on the courts of the New York City playgrounds salivate: lumbering 6-foot-10, 250-pound Gary McGhee in the paint.

Alone.

Waiting to defend Walker.

There are unfair fights and then there are steal-your-lunch-money no-chance affairs.

Cat-quick Walker going one-on-one against McGhee?

Yeah, we all knew where this was going.
                        Calling on his endless repertoire of tricks, Walker used a little hesitation dribble, stepped back and got McGhee to fall backward. Then the UConn junior elevated, flicked his wrist and the rest is now part of Big East lore.

The New York City native who electrified the country before it got all Jimmered up added another footnote to his own legend, sinking the jumper as the buzzer sounded to give Connecticut a 76-74 upset of top-seeded Pittsburgh in the Big East quarterfinals.

“I wanted to take that shot,’’ Walker said of his ankle breaker. “I knew McGhee was going to switch and I knew if I had him it was going to be time to go and that’s the way it was. I was able to break him down and get a clean look at the basket.’’

UConn got there the same way it has gotten everywhere this season -- riding Walker’s coattails. He wasn’t the game’s leading scorer. That honor went to Ashton Gibbs, whose unbelievable 10-of-13 for 27 points was overshadowed by Walker.

But Walker was easily the most dynamic.

Walker is pure joy to watch, a player who can beat you 10,000 ways and smile while he puts the dagger in your belly.

The Panthers got him to do exactly what they wanted: “We made Kemba shoot a low-percentage [shot],’’ Panthers coach Jamie Dixon said -- and he beat them anyway.

Before hitting the game-winner, Walker had, in fact, missed four in a row, and yet when it was time to decide the game, he never considered giving up the ball.

Walker passed against Notre Dame on Saturday and the Huskies ended up losing the regular-season finale.

“In that game I had four guys on me,’’ Walker explained.

And this time it was just McGhee, alone on a really lonely island.

Now the Panthers will have to wait until Sunday to see just how much damage Walker did to them. Pittsburgh was on the short list to receive a No. 1 seed. Now? Hard to know.

“One game doesn’t change what we did the other 31,’’ Dixon said. “But it’s hard to make up too much ground on other teams when they’re still playing. We were obviously playing a highly ranked team, a highly rated team in UConn, so it seems to me that in the past there has been a history of conference tournaments not changing too much where you end up.’’

That won’t be the case for the Huskies. The same team that came to New York with its swagger losing its rhythm -- UConn had lost four of its last five -- now is on the sort of confidence-building roll a young team needs.

“People said the game against DePaul was a meaningless game,’’ UConn coach Jim Calhoun said. “Well, first of all, there are no meaningless games. People need confidence and our kids now feel better about ourselves.’’

Having a guy like Walker will do that for you. The player Calhoun said started his career as a passive participant -- “A.J. Price would tell him go over there and set a screen and he’d go over there and set a screen,’’ Calhoun said -- has evolved into a player who both demands the ball and commands his team.

When he wasn’t dissecting and bisecting the Panthers’ defense, he was huddling up his young teammates, constantly in their ear.

His emotions spilled into their emotions and his toughness became theirs. Pittsburgh came to New York ranked second in the nation in rebounding margin. Despite losing Roscoe Smith in the first half (he needed eight stitches to close up a gash on his head from an elbow), the Huskies outrebounded the Panthers 32-25.

“It’s one of those games where Pitt says we’re tough, now tell me how tough you are and if you’re tough enough you can beat us,’’ Calhoun said. “And today we answered the challenge.’’

Kemba vs. McGhee? That’s not a challenge. That’s an unfair fight.
                        Source: ESPN.com

I can see Kemba's stock rising down the stretch. I don't know why some people in here are labeling him a SG because the guy can score the ball. Doesn't seem fair.

Comment

• dballa21 wrote: View Post
                          According to nbadraft.net hell be the 26th pick one behind Miami's.

If we can draft Harrison Barnes and trade calderon/bayless for kemba walker we would be back on track.

walker/bayless or calderon
                          derozan/weems
                          barnes/johnson
                          davis/johnson
                          bargnani
                          Not a bad depth chart
                          If that was are starting line up next year i'd be very happy.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

Sickest step-back EVER.
                            WOW! lol Meghee stumbled once, then on the stepback from walker he completely fell . lol awsome. i hope we can also draft this guy with a later pick. (jazz's 2 picks for our 1?)

Comment

Hinrich wasn't as good of an overall scorer as Jimmer. He can't attack the basket like him.

I guess everyone has their right to their own opinion. I can't wait for the March Madness should be really fun.
                              Hinrich is undoubtedly a better player. Still is one of the most underrated PGs in the NBA. Too bad the Bulls got Derrick Rose and never allowed him to become a star like he could have. Although his contract is like Calderon's, I'd take Hinrich any day.

Comment

• Yeah too bad they got Rose
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X