2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    I could certainly see Jones end up being the best player in the draft, there's just too many unknowns for my liking.
    And that's the thing. It scares me to read he will round into that great player for his next team.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
      "Given DeRozan’s strong work ethic and the marked improvement in his mid and long jumpers, I foresee him improving his 3 point range significantly this off-season. " - Tom liston

Read more: http://raptorsrepublic.com/2011/03/1...#ixzz1GfimO9Nt

Well like i said in a previous post to you, derozan SHOULD have an improoved 3 pointer in time and im not the only one who thinks so.
      Improving doesn't mean he'll be a consistent enough shooter to make an impact. He's shooting 8% right now, anything would be an improvement.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
        Improving doesn't mean he'll be a consistent enough shooter to make an impact. He's shooting 8% right now, anything would be an improvement.
        Touche.

Comment

he's shooting 8% because the only three's he took were ones when the shot clock has winding down and he chucked up a hailmary 3. Next year he'll be a better 3 point shooter i'm sure of it.

Comment

• Yeah I'm not worried about DeMars 3 point shooting at all. He was a awful jump shooter last season and now look at him. He's a hard worker and I have no doubt will be a reliable 3 point shooter in the next couple seasons.

I'd prefer he work on his defense this offseason personally.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              I'd prefer he work on his defense this offseason personally.
              Defense, strength (which will help defense and FINISHING), and ball handling. Plenty of time to develop a 3 point shot - next summer for instance.

Comment

• Krzyzewski: Irving could return for Opener.

BOOM.
                Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 15, 2011, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• From Joey's link:
                  Krzyzewski says if Irving does play, he won’t start, only would play limited minutes and wouldn’t be on the court for extended periods of time.
                  That is the opener. How much will he play vs. Mich/Tenn? What about next week? Coach K keeping his cards close to his chest.

Comment

• Exactly. I think Coach K is jumping up and down like a little girl right now. Just the fact that he can go to the media and tell other teams that Irving will play. Limited minutes or not, that affects the opponents game plan I would imagine. Makes the coaches waste precious minutes thinking about Irving now.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                      he's shooting 8% because the only three's he took were ones when the shot clock has winding down and he chucked up a hailmary 3. Next year he'll be a better 3 point shooter i'm sure of it.
                      Not true. I've seen him try to hit open 3s but failing (not that many but whatever).

Comment

Not true. I've seen him try to hit open 3s but failing (not that many but whatever).
                        Look up a guy named Michael Jordan.
                        Tell me what he shot throughout his first four seasons in the league.

Right then. Can we stop with this argument already.
                        It's ridiculous, and tells us more about you than it does Demar.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Look up a guy named Michael Jordan.
                          Tell me what he shot throughout his first four seasons in the league.

Right then. Can we stop with this argument already.
                          It's ridiculous, and tells us more about you than it does Demar.
                          Micheal Jordan was never a great 3 point shooter in his career and he definitely didn't shoot 8%.

Micheal Jordan career 33% 3pt shooter (that's with the inflated stats during the period the NBA shrunk the 3pt line (from 1994-95 to 1996-97))
                          Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue Mar 15, 2011, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• I dunno, the guy who's replaced Irving so far, Nolan Smith, has been excellent. I don't see Irving starting at any point this month unless they move Smith over to the 2 guard or something.

Nolan's stock has risen substantially the past month or so. Reminds me a lot of Felton.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Micheal Jordan was never a great 3 point shooter in his career and he definitely didn't shoot 8%.

Micheal Jordan career 33% 3pt shooter (that's with the inflated stats during the period the NBA shrunk the 3pt line (from 1994-95 to 1996-97))
                              I didn't ask you what he shot for his entire career. I asked you what he shot for his first 4 seasons in the league.
                              But I guess you wouldn't be inclined to support my argument, so allow me. Michael Jordan shot about 15% from 3 in his first 4 seasons. He shot 13% IN his 4th season, from 3 point range.
                              Demar shot 25% from 3 as a rookie. Jordan shot 17%.

I'm fully aware that comparing Demar and Jordan is ridiculous. But its even more ridiculous to imply that a player cannot be successful, neh a star, in this league without an effective 3 point shot; after merely 1.5 seasons in the league. He has shown that he is capable of extending his range. If he can add 15ft to his jumper, he can add 20ft. Just give him time. I see him finishing out his career right around that 33% marker.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                I didn't ask you what he shot for his entire career. I asked you what he shot for his first 4 seasons in the league.
                                But I guess you wouldn't be inclined to support my argument, so allow me. Michael Jordan shot about 15% from 3 in his first 4 seasons. He shot 13% IN his 4th season, from 3 point range.
                                Demar shot 25% from 3 as a rookie. Jordan shot 17%.

I'm fully aware that comparing Demar and Jordan is ridiculous. But its even more ridiculous to imply that a player cannot be successful, neh a star, in this league without an effective 3 point shot; after merely 1.5 seasons in the league. He has shown that he is capable of extending his range. If he can add 15ft to his jumper, he can add 20ft. Just give him time. I see him finishing out his career right around that 33% marker.
                                Raptorsfan4life is an idiot. He Rips on our Potential Stars and supports our bench warmers who will make it nowhere. I suggest you don't waste your time arguing with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X