No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very, very high on Burks. Reminds me of Westbrook a lot, actually. Who, coincidentally is my favorite PG in the league. Everyone said Westbrook wasn't a PG and was too small to be a 2 and blah blah blah. The fact is, is a player is special, they'll make something of themselves in the league. Burks is special. Im not saying he's going to be great out of the gate, but once he figures out his role (this is assuming triano isn't around to completely ruin him) he's going to do some things.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• goddammit someone move that post into the draft thread
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        goddammit someone move that post into the draft thread
        Your wish is my command.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/37571

Just read the draft heavy chat wrap from Chad Ford. I thought this part was interesting:

It's funny. Every year about this time you start to hear a change in tone. For the past few months scouts have been bashing the draft. Now? Some are confessing that they sort of like it. No one is happy that there aren't a few elite players at the top. But they are starting to feel like there is some depth in this draft and if you look at our Top 100 it's hard to disagree -- if most of the top underclassmen declare. That's the wildcard right now. If Barnes, Sullinger, Knight Henson, Thompson, Hamilton all go back to school, the draft will take another hit.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Alec Burks is a shooting guard who can't shoot. Really, people want that on this team?
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Burks is shooting 50% from the field this year and gets to the line eight times a game, making 82% of those attempts.

Comment

• If he is still on the board, I would 100% go for Perry Jones. A 6'11 freshman with an outstanding reach (7'2 wingspan) who can drive, dunk, and block. He has been closely compared to the gamestyle of a young Tracy McGrady, and is one of the most athletic freshmen. This pick gives the raptors size, athletisism, and a true Small Forward. I can see him meshing well in open court with DeRozan, Calderon ect

Comment

• northgrantballer wrote: View Post
                  If he is still on the board, I would 100% go for Perry Jones. A 6'11 freshman with an outstanding reach (7'2 wingspan) who can drive, dunk, and block. He has been closely compared to the gamestyle of a young Tracy McGrady, and is one of the most athletic freshmen. This pick gives the raptors size, athletisism, and a true Small Forward. I can see him meshing well in open court with DeRozan, Calderon ect
                  Thing is, at Baylor he's essentially in the same position James Johnson was in at Wake Forest (Uber talented player surrounded by questionable talent) and Jones isn't even coming close to what Johnson did at Wake Forest as a Freshman. Johnson put up more rebounds, blocks, points, basically the same FG% and a higher % from 3. Not to mention Johnsons energy, hustle, enthusiasm, etc was NEVER questioned coming out of College, with Jones thats all you hear.

Don't get me wrong, I love Perry Jones. I think the dude is a monster. But I just don't know how much of an upgrade HE would be over JJ. Looking at the stats.

Comment

• northgrantballer wrote: View Post
                    If he is still on the board, I would 100% go for Perry Jones. A 6'11 freshman with an outstanding reach (7'2 wingspan) who can drive, dunk, and block. He has been closely compared to the gamestyle of a young Tracy McGrady, and is one of the most athletic freshmen. This pick gives the raptors size, athletisism, and a true Small Forward. I can see him meshing well in open court with DeRozan, Calderon ect
                    His faults make me think he's going to look more like Earl Clark or Anthony Randolph than T-Mac or Lamar Odom.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      His faults make me think he's going to look more like Earl Clark or Anthony Randolph than T-Mac or Lamar Odom.
                      But Anthony Randolph still has sooooo much potential .... blah blah blah. Haha

Comment

Come on man, it's in this thread. #778. That was not difficult to find. I did a quick search and found it in like two minutes.

If you're crossing those guys out then who fills their places in the top ten? Even less talented players? It seems like more and more guys entering the league are not good on defense.
                        I did a google search for "Derrick Williams not declaring" and couldn't find anything. So I'm guessing that article is false.

Comment

• So if you can't find it on Google it's not real? What about all the crap I see on there that's not true?

Comment

So if you can't find it on Google it's not real? What about all the crap I see on there that's not true?
                            Is this even a question? Google is the be-all & end-all of existence.

If Google doesn't know the answer then you are asking the wrong question.

ADD Derrick said on his Twitter that he would be returning. Or kind of anyway.

Some guy asked him if he went and bought a Williams jersey, would he still be around next year?
                            And Derrick replied 'yup' to the dude's tweet. So I guess thats kind of saying so.
                            He has also said this:
                            “As of right now, I’m coming back to school," Derrick Williams said with a smile when asked for the 567th time if he's leaving for the NBA. " I like being at Arizona. I like college.”
                            So take it for whats its worth I guess.

Found all that on an Arizona Wildcats Forum.
                            Last edited by Joey; Wed Mar 23, 2011, 06:16 PM.

Comment

So if you can't find it on Google it's not real? What about all the crap I see on there that's not true?
                              Well if it was real there'd be much more of a buzz around it, especially since he's projected to go in the top 5.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Is this even a question? Google is the be-all & end-all of existence.

If Google doesn't know the answer then you are asking the wrong question.

ADD Derrick said on his Twitter that he would be returning. Or kind of anyway.

Some guy asked him if he went and bought a Williams jersey, would he still be around next year?
                                And Derrick replied 'yup' to the dude's tweet. So I guess thats kind of saying so.
                                He has also said this:

So take it for whats its worth I guess.

Found all that on an Arizona Wildcats Forum.
                                Good job.

Comment

Working...
                                X