2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    His defense is actually pretty decent. He has extremely long arms which helps him finish around the basket and block shots. Like you said though, it's his mobility that's a question for me. I don't remember him once taking a defender to the rack (or even use a pull up jumper) on a defender on the wing. All his points come around the basket and on wide open 3's cause he's playing the PF position and the other teams' PF is generally sagging off him. I'm not saying he's overrated or anything, I think he's going to be a solid pro, I just don't see him as a 3.

I hope he declares so one of the teams in front of us take him leaving us with sweet sweet Irving
    I referring more for what his defense is/would be against the 3 position. He is playing the PF in college and that is why I consider his mobility a concern really in defending the 3's in the NBA.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
      I referring more for what his defense is/would be against the 3 position. He is playing the PF in college and that is why I consider his mobility a concern really in defending the 3's in the NBA.
      But I love his energy and how he continues to REALLY improve his game. Impressive kid if nothing else.

Comment

• smushmush wrote: View Post
        Will Matt Howard of Butler declare for the 2011 NBA Draft? He is averaging 16.7 ppg and 7.7 rebounds on the season, stretches the floor shooting 3s and most importantly, rebounds the ball - basically another Troy Murphy . Are NBA teams looking this guy off at their own peril while the San Antonio Spurs get this guy again and tout him as another "steal"? Why can't the Toronto Raptors make this kind of steal ? In conclusion, Butler has a good program under smart coach Brad Stevens, they play basketball the right way despite being an "all white" team to scouts. I hope the Toronto Raptors get him with a second rounder (a young Matt Bonner imo) which makes Bargs redundant and we can trade him.
        Am not sure Howard translates to a frontline player in the NBA.

Like his heart and smarts but he is SF size and not very heavy...probably a good bench/role player at best.

Comment

• Yeah I agree with you. His lateral speed isn't the greatest.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
            Jimmer at the 2? You have no clue.
            Are you serious? Take that Canada basketball pic off, your a tryhard

Comment

• On one hand, jimmer's teammates aren't the greatest so I'll forgive he doesn't get many assists, but on the other hand he takes a LOT of shots. A lot of bad ones too. He'd be interesting to have come off the bench for some instant offense but as a starting PG I shudder at the thought.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Yikes...Could you imagine playing Jose Calderon at the point and Jimmer Fredette at the 2? I think even Shaq might be licking his lips at the thought of driving from the arc. No offense but that's just a completely terrible idea.

Comment

• I find it crazy that a guy that doesn't even start on his college team is being considered a top 3 pick. Kemba makes me think of Iverson - skill and size wise. Just my opinion, and AI has never been a winner. Its funny watching college games where dudes just dominate but those skills never translate to the pros. They usually are big and/or slow white guys. Think Duke.....

Comment

• If we get Irving we have a chance at making the playoffs, if we get Jimmer/Walker/Knight, no chance.
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                      Yikes...Could you imagine playing Jose Calderon at the point and Jimmer Fredette at the 2? I think even Shaq might be licking his lips at the thought of driving from the arc. No offense but that's just a completely terrible idea.
                      I was more thinking of having him fill it up off the bench

Comment

• Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                        I find it crazy that a guy that doesn't even start on his college team is being considered a top 3 pick. Kemba makes me think of Iverson - skill and size wise. Just my opinion, and AI has never been a winner. Its funny watching college games where dudes just dominate but those skills never translate to the pros. They usually are big and/or slow white guys. Think Duke.....
                        Irving was starting at the beginning of the season with senior all-americans deferring to him and allowing him to lead the team. His foot injury had him come off the bench the last 3 games since his return. Irving is the real deal, in my opinion.

Comment

• Nick wrote: View Post
                          I was more thinking of having him fill it up off the bench
                          Yeah...I think though I've had about enough of shitty defence. There needs to be a culture shift in Raptorland, and it absolutely has to be based on defense and blocking off the paint. For every Fredette there's a Jordan Crawford. There will always be one-dimensional scorers, and the Raps already have Bayless, Derozan, Barbosa and Bargnani. Enough already.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Irving was starting at the beginning of the season with senior all-americans deferring to him and allowing him to lead the team. His foot injury had him come off the bench the last 3 games since his return. Irving is the real deal, in my opinion.
                            My bad. Lack of cable didn't allow me to watch any regular season games. I wasn't saying he wasn't, though. Marvin Williams didn't start for UNC but went #2. And Raptor fans are pissed off about picking Bargs #1?

Comment

• Yes we need irving

Comment

• I'd be happy to pick Kemba walker as the pg of the future. I am not so sure that Irving is better than him. The fear that he is a ball hog is really unfounded as he is truly the best on his squad this year and has to take on more leadership resp. The guy just has the Rose factor in my view...wants the ball in his hands at the end of games...or the "it" factor. I have tried to follow him this year and he has been very consistent.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kemba-Walker-5152/

Comment

Working...
                                X