No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamb would be a good one to take a flier on in the back end of the 20's in round one. If he's smart he'll stay in school and hone his game more. His PT and role are only going to increase with Kemba out of the picture.

Speaking of Kemba. He's a consistent jump shot away from being an NBA impact player. Give him a couple years of dedicated pro level coaching and support.

Comment

• Good god, he's so big.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
        I would too. But how about trading Bargnani for Thompson and their pick, and taking both Barnes and Valenciunas? Or Irving and Valeniunas?
        Yeah...I think that was discussed a few pages back. If the Raps could nab the SAC pick and with it and theirs grab Irving and Valanciunas....that would be beyond awesome. Irving, DD, JJ, ED, Valanciunas...that is not only a textbook starting 5, but they all would have been drafted within 2 years of each other, which means they're all going to develop at the same time, and reach their primes at the same time. Add Amir as your 6th man - also the same age - and you're looking at a team where there's no reason they couldn't be competing for a championship in 3-4 years time, provided they all develop according to their potential.

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
          Yeah...I think that was discussed a few pages back. If the Raps could nab the SAC pick and with it and theirs grab Irving and Valanciunas....that would be beyond awesome. Irving, DD, JJ, ED, Valanciunas...that is not only a textbook starting 5, but they all would have been drafted within 2 years of each other, which means they're all going to develop at the same time, and reach their primes at the same time. Add Amir as your 6th man - also the same age - and you're looking at a team where there's no reason they couldn't be competing for a championship in 3-4 years time, provided they all develop according to their potential.
          we would probably be pretty bad next year with so much young guys so the tank can start up again next year

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
            LOL! I knew that. I wanted to see who would be the first person to "correct" me.

My point being that was lost on some was that no prospect coming out is without their flaws. While Valancuinas does have his strong points - and lots of them, he does have some weak links that he's gotta work on. He's not by any means a finish product and he's gotta work hard or else he'll end up like Milicic.
            im confused , you guys are talking about valanciunas but posting videos of jan vesley? which player are you talking about that is 18 and 240 , cause thats jonas valanciunas.

Comment

• raptorsking wrote: View Post
              we would probably be pretty bad next year with so much young guys so the tank can start up again next year
              True, but that's fine. I never said they'd start winning right away. Plus their bench would have Calderon, Barbosa, Kleiza, Evans if he's still here next year. They're all vets with tons of experience.

How many rebuilding teams could say they've completed their rebuild in 1 year, having every starting position set with youth and near prototypical talent (for example, no PFs masquerading as Cs, or no SGs masquerading as PGs)?

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                im confused , you guys are talking about valanciunas but posting videos of jan vesley? which player are you talking about that is 18 and 240 , cause thats jonas valanciunas.
                I think they were talking about Jones V, Jan V is 6ft 11, 20 and 230LB.

Comment

I didn't post any videos of Vesley. The only two players I've been talking about lately are Valanciunas and Biyombo.

Comment

Ya sorry I mentioned quickly that Jonas was in fact 18 and 240.

Then I posted a video of the Dunking Ninja, Jan Vesely.

But ya, I can see how that might have gotten confusing. My bad.

Comment

• 2011 NBA Mock Draft Database

Comment

• Thanks for posting that.

Comment

• raptorsking wrote: View Post
                          Which means we would have a lottery pick in a rich SF draft as well.

Comment

• The Morris twins hired an agent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...e=NBAHeadlines

There goes the Jayhawks frontline.

Comment

• yo guys check dis out. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...hakes-up-draft

Comment

• Here is who they think we should draft. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...-draft#page/28

Comment

Working...
                                X