X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/21...ams_Of_Arizona
    Good read on Derrick Williams.
    I think he will be the best player from this draft class.

Derrick Williams is talked about playing in a similar way to paul pierce.

Dwilliams - pierce
    davis- garnett
    derozan - ray allen ( without the 3 and more dunks) plays the same style though , uses screens well and slashs.
    amir - big baby ( energy role as a big )
    not at all the same i know but some food for thought
    Myck Kabongo - Rondo

Comment

• dballa21 wrote: View Post
      Myck Kabongo - Rondo
      I fully endorse this comparison.

Comment

• dballa21 wrote: View Post
        Myck Kabongo - Rondo
        He's a better shooter then Rondo. Rondo has no jumpshot.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          He's a better shooter then Rondo. Rondo has no jumpshot.
          Exactly. Rondo may be working on getting one, but Myck has one now.

Comment

• Rondos creativity on offense and defense can't really be understated.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• kabongo= future PG

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                Rondos creativity on offense and defense can't really be understated.
                His strength is his defense and the rest of his game grows from that.

Comment

• Scouts Rave About Biyombo Amid Age Concerns

Bismack Biyombo's triple-double in the Nike Hoop Summit increased his already growing momentum heading into the 2011 NBA Draft.

"He runs the floor, he defends and he's cat-quick,'' said an NBA scout of Biyombo. "His offensive skills need to be developed, but his athleticism screams out.''

"He's Ben Wallace, basically,'' said another NBA executive.

A half-dozen NBA scouts and executives told Sports Illustrated that they had concerns if he was older than his listed age of 18. Biyombo is physically more mature and also exhibited leadership skills to suggest he is older than his age.

He began his professional career in Yemen in 2009, and then moved to the Spanish fourth division in 2009-10. He quickly worked his way up to Spain's ACB, the top national league in Europe, where he is currently averaging 6.4 points, 5.1 rebounds and 2.3 blocks in 14 games with the club Fuenlabrada.

"The way I play here, I play everywhere,'' he said following the Hoop Summit. "In the ACB I play with a lot of smart guys, I play with a lot of strong guys, and when I step on the court I just want to kill them.''

His favorite players are Kevin Garnett and Kevin Love.

"Kevin Garnett is intense player -- every time he's not on the floor, his team is missing him,'' said Biyombo. "I want to (play) defense as a team. I want to help everybody on my team and I want to win the game ... That's what I heard from my first coach, that the good offense is defense. If I block a lot of shots then it's good offense. If I get a lot of rebounds, then it's good offense.''
                  Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...d_Age_Concerns

Box Score

He had 12 points (5-7 FG 2-8 FT), 11 Reb (7 Offensive 4 Defensive), 10 blocks, 2 assists, 4 TOs, 4 PF.

Box Score

*Goes to watch youtube video on this guy* He should be a great prospect in this years draft.

BTW The USA Team consisted of Anthon Daivs, Austin Rivers, James McAdoo, Marquis Teague, Beal Bradley, Rakeem Christmas, Quinn Cook, Tony Worten, Adonis Thomas, Micheal Gilchrist. It's not exactly like he was face bad players.

Edit:

Bismack Biyombo
                  Weight: 243 lbs.
                  Height (w/o shoes): 6'7.75"
                  Height (w/ shoes): 6'9"
                  Wing Span: 7'7"
                  Body Fat: 4.8%
                  Standing Reach: 9'3"
                  2011 Nike Hoop Summit: International Measurements

4.8% Body Fat D:. We seriously have to find a way to get a second draft pick to get this guy! (projected 18th on Draft Express) He's exactly what we need! (Bit undersized but whatever)

---================================================== =====--
                  (he is #11 in nike hoops events)

(4) Kevin Pangos, (6) Raul Neto, (7) Mateusz Ponitka, (8) Guo Ailun, (9) Evan Fournier, (10) Davis Bertans, (11) Bismack Biyombo, (12) Dario Saric, (13) Kyle Wiltjer, (14) Przemyslaw Karnowski, (15) Lucas Nogueira. USA: (4) Quinn Cook, (5) Tony Wroten, (6) Marquis Teague, (7) Adonis Thomas, (8) Bradley Beal, (9) Michael Gilchrist, (10) Anthony Davis, (11) Austin Rivers, (12) James McAdoo, (13) Rakeem Christma
                  More World games videos found here (interviews, practice (I believe) etc.)
                  Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Mon Apr 11, 2011, 03:44 AM.

Comment

• Glenn Davis Advising Sullinger To Test Waters

Glen Davis was a thickly built post player at LSU who wowed NBA scouts with his skill and athleticism after a successful college season.

Davis’s desire to improve his draft stock, as well as his enjoyment of college life, led to him staying in school for another year, allowing scouts to dissect his game, and rethink his size and desire. Davis dropped to the second round after initially believing he was a lottery pick.

Ohio State freshman Jared Sullinger is in a similar situation.

Listed at 6 feet 9 inches and 280 pounds, he combines stunning athleticism for his size with power and yet a graceful touch around the basket. With the loss to Kentucky still fresh, Sullinger promised to return to school for his sophomore season.

“[That extra year] just gives them a chance to critique you, see what kind of player you are,’’ Davis said. “You’ve got to go while you’re hot, or at least test it out. Don’t hire an agent. That’s what I could have done, just to see.

“The difference with me [my junior year] is I didn’t win, but my numbers were the same,’’ Davis said. “When I was playing, I just didn’t win. That’s a big difference. This was one of [Sullinger’s] winningest years. If he comes back, he’s got to win. Everybody knows he’s got the talent to play in the NBA. It’s about what’s he going to do in the offseason.

“The way you have to separate yourself is by hitting the open jump shot,’’ Davis said. “You have to be able to do some different things. I felt like if I didn’t hit the jump shot I wouldn’t be successful because I don’t jump high.”
                    Source: Real GM

Comment

• It's true. If he goes in the draft this year he's a top 3 pick easily. If he stays a year he's top 15. Same goes for Barnes.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        It's true. If he goes in the draft this year he's a top 3 pick easily. If he stays a year he's top 15. Same goes for Barnes.
                        I don't think Sullinger would all of a sudden go from top-3 to top-15. The kid's a very good player. If he drops, it might be a couple of slots at most, but not like 12 spots. The same could be said about Barnes. It also shows the kind of character those kids have. In the end, the money will be there and they know this.

Comment

• I don't know what Davis is advising for. He was never really slated to be a first round pick and if there was someone that needed to go back to college, it was him. He was a lot bigger than what he was now at LSU, especially during their final 4 run in 2006 - he was actually 320 pounds. Sullinger is coming off of a very good season where he was a finalist for national player of the year. Davis never was.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            I don't think Sullinger would all of a sudden go from top-3 to top-15. The kid's a very good player. If he drops, it might be a couple of slots at most, but not like 12 spots. The same could be said about Barnes. It also shows the kind of character those kids have. In the end, the money will be there and they know this.
                            It depends on who's coming out next year and how he performs next year. Like Big Baby said, he went from lotto to second round because he chose to stay another year in college. Willie Warren is another prime example of a guy who went from projected lottery to the second round when he elected to not opt for the draft when his stock was hot.

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            I don't know what Davis is advising for. He was never really slated to be a first round pick and if there was someone that needed to go back to college, it was him. He was a lot bigger than what he was now at LSU, especially during their final 4 run in 2006 - he was actually 320 pounds. Sullinger is coming off of a very good season where he was a finalist for national player of the year. Davis never was.
                            Well, the man himself says he was slotted in as a lotto pick but opted to stay another year and it hurt his stock because he was then on the radar and teams had a whole extra year to pick apart his game.

Sullinger's stock isn't going to be any hotter than it is right now. A lot of kids are holding off on the draft because of the looming lockout. Next draft class is poised to be rich in talent. It would be a far greater challenge for a tweener like him to be a top five pick next season.

Comment

• Davis was never slated to go lotto. At 6'6" and 320, no team was ready to draft the kid in the lotto. At best, he was scheduled to go high teens-early 20's.

The Willie Warren comparison is more fair because his stock was hot a few seasons ago, however, he wasn't on the same level as Sullinger.

The thing about Sullinger is that he's from the Columbus area, so he's through and through a Buckeye, so it's understandable that he'd want to return to lead his school to a national championship, but they'll be in tough Carolina isn't losing too much and both them and Duke look to have outstanding diaper dandies coming in.
                              Last edited by MangoKid; Mon Apr 11, 2011, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• I think another big thing is with the lockout looming, if it's a year long lockout, the players won't get paid, so what's the incentive for a kid to enter the NBA draft if they're not gonna get paid? Most are looking at it as an oppourunity to stay in school and play ball with their friends as they go on a title run. There's still a lot of exposure in that. Sure, there's always the possibility of getting injured and having your stock drop, but what's worse - entering a draft early, leaving school and not doing anything for a year or going back to school and playing ball?

Comment

Working...
                                X