Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sir Charles for GM *Who he play for? Post 20*

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sir Charles for GM *Who he play for? Post 20*

    He has said before that he would like to be a GM in the NBA. Is he too crazy to take a chance on? I wonder what he would be like as an executive for the raptors if they decide not to extend BC. He's demanding and he speaks his mind. We need someone who is demanding of his coaches and players. He could make the whole place more accountable very quickly. He could also screw things up quickly too but it's hard to lose more than 68 games.

  • #2
    Maybe not as GM

    But

    As a coach?

    Comment


    • #3
      Chuck is a grade A asshole and as stupid as they come. Sure he might be entertaining if only because he is a caricature of knowledgeable former player turned commentator. He would have the anti-midas touch, turning which ever franchise he touches to shit.

      Now if your talking Oak, then he would be a valuable assistant
      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd love him as a commentator, but no team would hire him as such because you couldn't stop him trashing on his own team. Imagine if Jack and Matt said what they REALLY felt?

        As a GM or coach he would be a disaster, but I'd love to see it. Just not on a team I like.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

        Comment


        • #5
          I meant as GM, not as a coach. I

          Comment


          • #6
            It would be entertaining.

            Better yet put him with Mark Cuban. They could have their own primetime show on the side.

            Comment


            • #7
              RaptorDan wrote: View Post
              Chuck is a grade A asshole and as stupid as they come. Sure he might be entertaining if only because he is a caricature of knowledgeable former player turned commentator. He would have the anti-midas touch, turning which ever franchise he touches to shit.

              Now if your talking Oak, then he would be a valuable assistant
              If there is a new Coach in town next season, I know we would all like to see Oak come back as an assistant.

              No Barkley. I love him on the air and as an old 76er fan he is one of my favorite all time players. He has neither the patience nor the skills to Coach. And I doubt he has any interest in that area. As a Commentator he gets to travel, talk and be around the game. Being funny and expressive he is perfect on the air. He wants nothing to do with the responsibilities of Coaching or GMing a bball team.
              I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, hes listed as Chu Chu. I think hes worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name. -Tim W.

              Comment


              • #8
                I cant tell whether the OPer was serious or just bored. Why would anyone who has a half a billion (or close) in equity in a NBA franchise want to entrust it to someone like Charles. What experience does he have in managing people, running a scouting dept. or formulating a budget etc etc. Besides he is doing quite well as the resident Cherry like buffoon on TNT and working towards the governorship of Alabama (or some southern state) which he has been threatening for few years now. I much prefer he humor me in his current position and at pro-am golf tournaments than as gm of the Raptors.

                Has anyone thought of John Calipari as a potential hc of the Raps? He seems to be a good motivator, Has been fairly successful in the university ranks, works well with young players and has had a brief experience in the nba (albeit an unsuccessful one a few yrs. ago).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Theres no clear-cut definition of what makes a good gm. Charles could be a magnificient mad scientist, he could also open up pandoras box.... I'm all for excitement and memories (whether they be good or bad). We've been close to a championship team, maybe once? Maybe a mad scientist is what we truly need.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Nick wrote: View Post
                    Theres no clear-cut definition of what makes a good gm. Charles could be a magnificient mad scientist, he could also open up pandoras box.... I'm all for excitement and memories (whether they be good or bad). We've been close to a championship team, maybe once? Maybe a mad scientist is what we truly need.
                    I think it would be a total shit show. It would however bring us US media coverage, but not in a positive way. We would be the Charlie Sheens of the basketball world.
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                      He has said before that he would like to be a GM in the NBA. Is he too crazy to take a chance on? I wonder what he would be like as an executive for the raptors if they decide not to extend BC. He's demanding and he speaks his mind. We need someone who is demanding of his coaches and players. He could make the whole place more accountable very quickly. He could also screw things up quickly too but it's hard to lose more than 68 games.
                      He would be great if you want the man representing what the team stands for known for seducing under aged girls and DUI's.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Random question, but Is he actually a knight? Cause if yes, sure, I'd like to have a knighted GM. If not then no.
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

                        -Churchill

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          sir charles would never work anywhere that doesn't have an ihop, a chick-fil-a, or an in-n-out burger franchise.

                          no way.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Has anyone thought of John Calipari as a potential hc of the Raps? He seems to be a good motivator, Has been fairly successful in the university ranks, works well with young players and has had a brief experience in the nba (albeit an unsuccessful one a few yrs. ago).
                            I believe he was questioned a couple of years ago about coaching the Lakers and turned it down, and they are hinting they might pursue him again. If he won't come in for the Lakers job, I would be surprised he would for the Raptors.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              sir charles would never work anywhere that doesn't have an ihop, a chick-fil-a, or an in-n-out burger franchise.

                              no way.
                              U ever had in n out? That ish is amazing yo!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X