Colangelo must be allowed to finish rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charlz wrote: View Post
    It is by no means a home run but it is a big piece of the pie. Durrant resigned in OKC because of Westbrook - the city has been good to him too - but if he were playing along side a key piece who was only intrested in playing offense and did not hang with him - I would wager his chances of staying would have been dramatically slimmer.
    Durant re-signed not because Westbrook was his buddy. He re-signed because Westbrook is a budding perennial All-Star and the organization has a very bright future. You think Durant would have re-signed if Westbrook was just an average NBA player and the future wasn't so bright? If Westbrook was European, you think Durant would have cared?

The fact that 2 out of the last 3 teams that won the Championship had a large international contingent on the team tells me that your theory is not valid.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Durant has an old school mentality. I personally feel he would have re-signed anyway as long as the team treated him right and management looked competent and serious about winning. Having Westbrook break out is a great bonus but the guy wants to win a title on his team.

Comment

Working...
      X