No announcement yet.

Available legitimate Center for Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see a few posters in agreement with Barganani's self described playing position of PF.

Then why is he listed as the starting Centre for the Italian National team? Has he asked them to stop playing him out of position?

I assume the contents of the link is accurate...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy_n...asketball_team

Comment

• [QUOTE=DunkinDerozan;77997]Well my point is you don’t publically blame the big dog. I don’t think that will earn Amir any cookie points.
      QUOTE]
      i really dont think anyone was being blamed , they were just stating they think the team needs a defensive big man . this should really be no surprise, afterall, we chased a big C last summer(chandler) and we chased a big C a third into the season (dampier). i tihnk there alot more people in the organization that think we need a big C and its not just a few of the players. it surprises me some fans are so against it. i think the fans that are agreeing with geting a defensie center have known that is the teams problem for a long time now. its kinda funny though because whether some fans like it or not were gonna get a Big C in the middle what happens to bargnani or other players on the team is irrelavant. dont let your love for a player change your opinion on the teams needs.
      Last edited by pesterm1; Sat Apr 16, 2011, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• TIM is correct there is no rush for us to take a center this year. After looking at other centersin the league who are available this year there are plenty of nice C's we can get after next season. Heres the list.

2012 free agent centers:
        SAC- J.Thompson - Rest.
        WSH- J.McGee - Rest.
        LA - A.Bynum - Unrestricted
        IND - Hibbert - Rest.

The list has players that i think would sign in toronto and some that may be harder to get.
        Both J.thompson of sacremento and Javale Mcgee of washington player for lottery teams (like toronto) IMO toronto is in a better sittuation and has a brighter future then both of those teams as well. so i think we get have a chance at either of those players.

The other 2 Centers i listed played for playoff team. Roy hibbert of indianna is on a team that just made the playoffs and are cmost likely gonna get swept, they have coaching problems and who knows if they are playoff bound next year. hibbert would do well in toronto IMO and is obtainable. The hardest C of the group to sign would be Bynum because he plays for the lakers obviously. On realgm i read an article about howard saying if he was to play on another team and be trade he would want it to be Newjersey or La lakers. If La tried to sign Howard it will be ahrd for them to keep bynum and he might also be packaged in a trade so at that point bynyum is obtainable.

I think if toronto gets a 1st overall pick and gets a PG like kyrie irving or even a good defensie sf like barnes that toronto becomes a team other players may consider joining because they have a solid base and pottentially a bright future.

All the center i listed are young but Hibbert has some expeience now and Bynum has been in the league since he was 18 and played for a championsip team so he has the the IQ.

Howard source: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...This_Offseason
        IMO la is dwights 1st choice and nets his second. after seeing how the NBA offseason and FA's went last year i have a good feeling howard will ironically end up on La and he is the second comming of SHAQ.

Comment

• Some of the posters have said this already but I'll repeat it. I don't think Andrea is going anywhere. First, it is true that many teams around the league would love to get him but only if they get him at a bargain price not his fair market value. With a hard cap likely on the way, few teams will be willing to commit 4 years and 43 million on a guy who remains an enigma while giving up a good player or package in return. If your the Raptors, why would you do this? You're selling an asset into a buyer's market. Here's what I hope the Raptors do:
          1. Get lucky, win the lottery, and draft Kyrie Irving.
          2. Trade Jose for a 3 point shooting SF.
          3. Sign one of the defensive minded centres: Gasol, Chandler etc>
          4. Move Andrea to the bench. Let him come off the bench with Barbosa. They'd make a great one two punch against other team's second units. This might also light a fire under him and make him be more attentive to his defence. If he plays well, or plays his way back into the starting line-up, great, his trade value goes up and you can move him if you like and likely get a better package. If not, I doubt that his trade value will be any worse than at this time next year.

Comment

• What if Bargnani goes to the bench and sucks and his trade value goes down? what is his numbers go from 21 and 5 to 17 and 4? do u still think he has the same trade value. i get what ur saying but i dont think ur right. also, what do u mean when you say "back into the starting line-up" ? IMO and many others including players it seems, that experiment is done and failed. bargnani cannot be appart of the raps starting lineup , but maybe he can be apart of another teams starting 5. if bargs goes to the bench and preforms better (better as in more suited for a 6th man role) why would we put him back in the starting 5 ? :S . anyway maybe he wont be gone this offseason but i tihnk he will be gone by the deadline if the rpaps dont show improovement. fans have had enough and its obvious. like it was also stated i tihnk the fans wanting to keep bargnani are the minority in this discussion. many other would be happy to see him go at this point. excuses only go so long and other players will only take loosing so long. IMO i tihnk bc will be extended but told to trade bargnani or he wont be extended. but thats my 2cents. when u loose 60 games someone has to be blamed and this year i tihnk its finally bargnani who is being blamed by more then just the fans.
            Last edited by pesterm1; Sat Apr 16, 2011, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• I just want a C who averages 10 points and 10 rebounds a game, A chandler, or brendan haywood, I kinda liked dalembert but whichever team he seems to be on loses so that scares me. But a guy who can average 1-2 blocks a game, and get a double double, and help defend. Jason Thompson is nice, Mcgee is nice (though I doubt washington will let him walk), Bynum would be sick, just a big body that can defend, Nene is available next year, and so is Gasol. Any one of these would be good, but I disagree with drafting a C, bigs take longer to develop I would rather us sign a veteran big, and draft a potential star SF.
              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                I just want a C who averages 10 points and 10 rebounds a game, A chandler, or brendan haywood, I kinda liked dalembert but whichever team he seems to be on loses so that scares me. But a guy who can average 1-2 blocks a game, and get a double double, and help defend. Jason Thompson is nice, Mcgee is nice (though I doubt washington will let him walk), Bynum would be sick, just a big body that can defend, Nene is available next year, and so is Gasol. Any one of these would be good, but I disagree with drafting a C, bigs take longer to develop I would rather us sign a veteran big, and draft a potential star SF.
                From your list, Only thompson and Haywood are realistic choices given the current NBA and Raptor situation. By the way, does Thopmspn Play C ?

Comment

I just want a C who averages 10 points and 10 rebounds a game, A chandler, or brendan haywood, I kinda liked dalembert but whichever team he seems to be on loses so that scares me. But a guy who can average 1-2 blocks a game, and get a double double, and help defend. Jason Thompson is nice, Mcgee is nice (though I doubt washington will let him walk), Bynum would be sick, just a big body that can defend, Nene is available next year, and so is Gasol. Any one of these would be good, but I disagree with drafting a C, bigs take longer to develop I would rather us sign a veteran big, and draft a potential star SF.
                  I wonder how available anderson varejo is at thi point since he was injured early lasst season. He is a veteran big that has played for a finals true contender for years in cleveland. he is also an international player and has ties with barbosa.

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                    From your list, Only thompson and Haywood are realistic choices given the current NBA and Raptor situation. By the way, does Thopmspn Play C ?
                    Thompson is listed as a C for the sacremento kings. he is 6'11 and 250 lbs. plus he plays behind dalembert and cousins so i could see him wanting a true starting center role on another team rather then backing up cousins. source for his height and weight and pos. :http://espn.go.com/nba/team/roster/_...cramento-kings

Maybe thompson could even be worked into a trade for bargnani or jose calderon.

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                      The purpose of the thread is not who is a GREAT fit or if we should bring a DEFENSIVE Center or ... The purpose is to see who is available, who is really trade able and ...

Memphis will easily pay Marc Gasol 10-12 Million to stay there. Why would he come to Toronto, a 22 win team and be a part of this so called rebuild that has failed over the last 5 years ??

How much is the magical number for Marc and for Memphis that can make Gasol a Raptor ? Or Chandler from Mavs or Nene or ...

None of these big names will come cheap to the struggling Toronto and will not be available.

What I am most concern about is that if we do not get this " Defensive Center" are we going then to hear same excuse from Amir and DD next year after another miserable loosing season and embarrassing defensive display?

Bryan has a way with the Euros. Marc is young and gullible; could sell him on the whole rebuild thing. Memphis is a playoff team but Allen, Randolph, Battier are getting older.

Bargs is at $10 mil. Trade Bargs and Ajinca for Marc. It's all a matter of how good Bryan is at swinging trades.

Comment

• I agree with Matt52 on Jefferson. The guy isn't the greatest defensively, but he still gobbles up rebounds like a fiend and will give you 18 and 10 a night, guaranteed. That kind of production is hard to get period. Id flip pretty much anyone on the team outside of Davis, DeMar and our pick for him in a heartbeat.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          I agree with Matt52 on Jefferson. The guy isn't the greatest defensively, but he still gobbles up rebounds like a fiend and will give you 18 and 10 a night, guaranteed. That kind of production is hard to get period. Id flip pretty much anyone on the team outside of Davis, DeMar and our pick for him in a heartbeat.
                          NO MORE POOR DEFENSIVE PLAYERS. Please. I don't care what kind of numbers they put up. I don't want Jefferson or Zach Randolph or Amare or David Lee. More than some guy who's going to put up some pretty numbers, I was the atmosphere of the team to be altered. Great organizations aren't mesmerized by fool's gold. I'd like the Raptors to be better than that.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                            if we end up drafting derrick williams, which is a distinct plausibility. Then, we've got our center.

If that is truly at the top of the list, then I don't see why we wouldn't be drafting williams if still available.

I don't think D.J. is as legit as some think, if he continues to improve next season, i'll be convinced.

Also, the odd man out there is pretty good, like all-star good, before he got hurt, wouldn't be surprised to hear his name pop up. especially because everyone is so impressed with Jordan, he could probably be snagged for less than usual for an all-star, with little to no competition.
                            DW is a SF not a C. Putting him at C would be like putting Weems at SF instead of SG.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                              I wonder how available anderson varejo is at thi point since he was injured early lasst season. He is a veteran big that has played for a finals true contender for years in cleveland. he is also an international player and has ties with barbosa.
                              Agreed anderson varejao fits the bill too, he would be perfect for the raps.
                              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Agreed anderson varejao fits the bill too, he would be perfect for the raps.
                                i thought so but espn has him listed as a PF. it was my understanding he was a C or atleast a C/pf because he is like 7 feet 260. does he normally play C for the cavs?

Comment

Working...
                                X