Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brandon Knight's stock is dropping/Calipari attempting to raise stock (post #18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    He's reluctant to workout against other top PGs:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1P1uI4uvd
    Knight is just doing what his agent tells him to do.

I watched Knight at the Toronto workout - the guy was still going full speed after an 1:15 - hitting 3s, running drills like he just got there. The kid impresses in workouts - he won't fall far if the Jazz pass on him.

It would have been great to see him on the floor with Kemba but there isn't much in it for him to do it and we all (should have) seen them in the Final Four head-to-head already.
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
      Knight is just doing what his agent tells him to do.

I watched Knight at the Toronto workout - the guy was still going full speed after an 1:15 - hitting 3s, running drills like he just got there. The kid impresses in workouts - he won't fall far if the Jazz pass on him.

It would have been great to see him on the floor with Kemba but there isn't much in it for him to do it and we all (should have) seen them in the Final Four head-to-head already.
      I don't understand Knight's agent not letting him workout against others. 1 on 1 is where Knight should have an advantage over others because he's tall, quick and can score. Where he wouldn't look as good is in a game situation where he is supposed to pass the ball and run the offense.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Calipari is doing all he can to raise Knight's stock again (nice read)

Some high praise. Whether it is deserving, time will tell.

Comment

Calipari comes across like a car salesman....sell you a Hyundai and make it sound like a Porsche. He has churned out good pgs though.

Comment

Thank You Brandon Knight's Agent

At the end of the day, if you have game and you have nothing to hide then you go head-to-head for a top three team when they come knocking. I can understand him not wanting to do it for the Raptors, I mean, you have to protect your back end but on the top end you have another excellent PG competing for that slot who's a champion and you have some nice big men trying to steal your thunder as well. Apparently Jimmer hit one out of the park in his Jazz workout and they have two picks and two needs. They're impressed with the guy. They could decide to take him with their second 1st rounder now and take a big man with the high pick. If that happens, unless Cleveland bucks the consensus, then Brandon Knight is in a scenario where now he's competing against Kemba Walker for the 5th overall pick instead of the 3rd overall. Whoever loses that battle slides to 7th as their best case scenario... Who's Knight's agent again? Thank you guy.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Some high praise. Whether it is deserving, time will tell.
              My god was he on crack? (I don't mean the praise part.) For a solid coach, he sure cannot keep a straight thought process.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                I don't understand Knight's agent not letting him workout against others. 1 on 1 is where Knight should have an advantage over others because he's tall, quick and can score. Where he wouldn't look as good is in a game situation where he is supposed to pass the ball and run the offense.
                I think if you look at it from a risk/reward perspective it makes sense. Right now, Knight's floor is #7, his ceiling is#3. If he works out and knocks it out of the park then... his floor is #7 and his ceiling is #3. If he works out and Fredette or Walker are on fire (which they both can be) then his ceiling is #5 and his floor is #7 or lower. Yes, by working out he could solidify himself as the #3 pick but is the risk of falling worth ensuring yourself a spot you might have anyway?

There could also be other factors we do not know about right now. The obvious one being that maybe he doesn't want to go to Utah. I wouldn't.

Comment

Yup, there's little incentive to workout just to cement your spot, and more incentive for those who can potentially move up (means more $$$). I wouldn't discredit Knight for balking, unless we discredit every top pick who has refused to participate in whatever, nor would I give credit to those with much to gain and little to lose for their willingness to participate. It's all just strategy.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    I think if you look at it from a risk/reward perspective it makes sense. Right now, Knight's floor is #7, his ceiling is#3. If he works out and knocks it out of the park then... his floor is #7 and his ceiling is #3. If he works out and Fredette or Walker are on fire (which they both can be) then his ceiling is #5 and his floor is #7 or lower. Yes, by working out he could solidify himself as the #3 pick but is the risk of falling worth ensuring yourself a spot you might have anyway?

There could also be other factors we do not know about right now. The obvious one being that maybe he doesn't want to go to Utah. I wouldn't.
                    And why could he not do what the Jazz have asked for and not do that with the other teams?

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      what i was thinking was that if knight plays against walker and fredette and knight is showed up he could slip all the way down to 7ish. but if he just keeps doning the single workout the lowest he would go is 5 to the raps. why risk it at this point.

Comment

That depends on who's in the room. Do you think Utah is going to let Toronto in the room? I don't.

Comment

Working...
                        X