2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The height and weight is not much of a concern in terms of his game. The weight is a minor concern for the health of his knees long term - that is a lot of pounding from a young age. The major concerns for me is the poor play versus athletic long and/or 7 footers and against faster, smaller PF's.

I could very well be wrong - it wouldn't be the first time. But as I said originally, Sullinger really does scare the hell out of me.
    Good point about his poor play agaist longer players. He's not going to be a guy that will flourish on a team that bases it's offense on getting up and down the court in a hurry a la Pheonix. He's going to have to be in a system with a half court offense where he can back down players in the post and create some space with his bulk like Z Bo.
    Could turn into a Z Bo type player that is able to dominate in the post or could turn into a Mike Sweetney type player that is able to dominate the local Mandarin buffet. It's a toss up I suppose.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      Good point about his poor play agaist longer players. He's not going to be a guy that will flourish on a team that bases it's offense on getting up and down the court in a hurry a la Pheonix. He's going to have to be in a system with a half court offense where he can back down players in the post and create some space with his bulk like Z Bo.
      Could turn into a Z Bo type player that is able to dominate in the post or could turn into a Mike Sweetney type player that is able to dominate the local Mandarin buffet. It's a toss up I suppose.
      +1

I see him doing well in a Portland system.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Cody Zeller staying and Jeremy Lamb declared. Neither a surprise.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• For what it's worth NBAdraft.net has Lamb going to the Raps at #6. At #6 Lamb, Beal and Rivers are all really interesting players. The Raptors should be able to get a really good player there if this is how it turns out.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            For what it's worth NBAdraft.net has Lamb going to the Raps at #6. At #6 Lamb, Beal and Rivers are all really interesting players. The Raptors should be able to get a really good player there if this is how it turns out.
            I think 6 is a lil to high for Austin Rivers and Jeremy Lamb
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              I think 6 is a lil to high for Austin Rivers and Jeremy Lamb
              I totally agree, but their potential says otherwise.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                For what it's worth NBAdraft.net has Lamb going to the Raps at #6. At #6 Lamb, Beal and Rivers are all really interesting players. The Raptors should be able to get a really good player there if this is how it turns out.
                Of those three, Beal me.

Comment

• I think Barnes at #6 is very good value
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• the other night i was trying to convince myself that Barnes would be an ok pick and he'd probably end up being like Danny Granger 2.0 which is ok when you think about it but then i was watching this draft special on nba tv and the one talking head kept repeatedly saying "Harrison Barnes, all he does is put the ball in the hoop! Ball in the hoop! Ball! In! The! Hoop!" and i felt sick to my stomach and please god just let us get a top 3 pick PLEASE
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• in regards to Jeremy Lamb a lot of the criticisms hes getting (not enough fire, motor, indifferent to defense) are the EXACT same criticisms Harden got coming out of Zona while being very similar players. I'm not saying Lamb is going to turn out to be as good as Harden, but just remember that if we draft him.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Barnes is a good defender though. Not great like MKG but good.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• he's average at best
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            in regards to Jeremy Lamb a lot of the criticisms hes getting (not enough fire, motor, indifferent to defense) are the EXACT same criticisms Harden got coming out of Zona while being very similar players. I'm not saying Lamb is going to turn out to be as good as Harden, but just remember that if we draft him.
                            I don't recall a lot of similarities in assessments between Harden and Lamb. I think that they are quite different players.

That said, I think that Lamb could be a sleeper. But I think that #5-7 might be too high for him. It is hard to see how he is an improvement over Barnes. I would be very surprised if he is picked higher than Barnes.

Comment

• I saw somewhere where Barnes was compared to Glen Rice i think it was nbadraft.net

Comment

• Baylor and Quincy Miller just announced that he will be returning for his Sophomore year in school. Not that he would have been in the range for our pick, but interesting while looking at the draft as a whole.
                                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Working...
                                X