X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sullinger = Big Baby Davis minus 15 footer
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Curious to hear how PJ3 eventually answers questions regarding his perceived lack of "motor". He either acknowledges it, makes excuses, or a bit of both. Either way, I think it's a little overblown. I'd be pretty happy if we ended up with PJ3 with the 8th pick (assuming he can play SF).

Comment

• man after watching the lamb highlight video im sold. i hope we draft him. Do you think BC would draft him even though we have DD?
        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• IMO, DeRozan isn't solid enough to look past a good SG prospect (like Beal or Lamb).

Expectations will be very high for DeRozan going into his 4th season with a summer working with the US Select team. It's "step up, or step out" time for DeRozan, especially if there's a rookie SG lurking in his shadows.

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
            man after watching the lamb highlight video im sold. i hope we draft him. Do you think BC would draft him even though we have DD?
            DeRozan is not good enough to pass up a SG like Lamb or Beal. Both can already do the things many Raptor fans hope DD will eventually be able to do.

Interesting how Colangelo made a number of references to DeMar playing SF. Regarding his lack of size, Apollo's comments about Bruce Bowen and his diminutive stature leading him to be an 8 time All-NBA defensive team SF is something to remember. I think he could play SF but he might need a significant jump in basketball IQ to make up for physical shortcomings. His numbers in 6 games this year at SF were interesting.... unfortunately it was just 6 games.

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
              man after watching the lamb highlight video im sold. i hope we draft him. Do you think BC would draft him even though we have DD?
              Great video, but sometimes highlight videos are the most misleading tool by which to judge a players talent for fans. You tend to fall in love with the sweet shooting ability and dunks and miss the fact that the video consisted of pretty much all jump shots and didn't show you that the player could break down a defender and take it to the hoop strong.

I could be wrong, but I think that youtube video of Q. Miller that's so damn popular came out last summer and everyone was so hyped about his skill. A young player that was jumping over defenders, ridiculous cross overs, dunks etc.. and everyone was on the Q. Miller band wagon. Yet before that video came out he was a high schooler with limited video of him to watch so what did people really know about him before his first college season at Baylor other than what they saw on that video. He was breaking ankles on high school kids that weren't anywhere near his league. He was so much taller than all of them it was funny when people were talking like he's the next Kobe or LeBron.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant, but I didn't see enough of his game in that video. He does look like a good prospect and fits the bill of a jump shooter which Casey wants. I still have Beal, Barnes & PJ3 (in that order) ahead of him on my list of wings which I'd like the Raptors to draft.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                DeRozan is not good enough to pass up a SG like Lamb or Beal. Both can already do the things many Raptor fans hope DD will eventually be able to do.

Interesting how Colangelo made a number of references to DeMar playing SF. Regarding his lack of size, Apollo's comments about Bruce Bowen and his diminutive stature leading him to be an 8 time All-NBA defensive team SF is something to remember. I think he could play SF but he might need a significant jump in basketball IQ to make up for physical shortcomings. His numbers in 6 games this year at SF were interesting.... unfortunately it was just 6 games.
                You to remember that DeMar is gifted with his elite athleticism and great physical attributes. Things you can't teach. The fact that DeMar scores at the rate he does is impressive with his lack of skill. At the End of theday DeMar still has more upside than any of the wings in this dratf.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  You to remember that DeMar is gifted with his elite athleticism and great physical attributes. Things you can't teach. The fact that DeMar scores at the rate he does is impressive with his lack of skill. At the End of theday DeMar still has more upside than any of the wings in this dratf.
                  I'm not so sure of that... I think several wings have the potential to be much better shooters, several wings have better handles to eventually become better penetrators, several wings will start out as far superior defenders and rebounders and several wings are equally athletic. As far as the total package, I would definitely rather roll the dice on Beal and MKG, than continue with DD. A few other wings could be more useful to the Raptors, based on their particular skillset (ie: Lamb/Barnes are better shooters).

Comment

Everyone talks about DeMar's "elite athleticism", but other than his jumping ability (with nobody in his way), where exactly is the athleticism? He's not quick. He's not agile. He's not strong. Yet somehow, we're supposed to believe he's going to be awesome one day. I don't get it.

Comment

You can't teach height either yet that doesn't stop a 6'8" guy from out rebounding a 7-footer.

Overall, I disagree. All the physical attributes in the world are useless if you don't use them. I do not think DeMar is a finished product by any stretch of the imagination but the top 4 wings in the draft all have much more ability in dribbling and shooting NOW without 3 years in the NBA (except for MKG on the shooting).

Comment

• This next season should be a big year for DeMar. He's had plenty of opportunity to prove himself, but has yet to show any consistency at any part of his game. Hopefully he can put it together, but I'm with you and don't think we should draft around him. If there is a better SG available then you have to pick whomever that may be.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          This next season should be a big year for DeMar. He's had plenty of opportunity to prove himself, but has yet to show any consistency at any part of his game. Hopefully he can put it together, but I'm with you and don't think we should draft around him. If there is a better SG available then you have to pick whomever that may be.
                          I never said that we should draft around him. If a SG is the BPA than we take him. I was just saying that Demar is a legit 15-17 point scorer, with good field goal percentage. It's off pure athleticism and instinct. I just don't think any of these wings can come in and give us 17 ppg as rookie. Doesn't matter if you have handles and you get to the rim and can't finish(which i think Lamb and Beal will have problems doing early on)
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I never said that we should draft around him. If a SG is the BPA than we take him. I was just saying that Demar is a legit 15-17 point scorer, with good field goal percentage. It's off pure athleticism and instinct. I just don't think any of these wings can come in and give us 17 ppg as rookie. Doesn't matter if you have handles and you get to the rim and can't finish(which i think Lamb and Beal will have problems doing early on)
                            +1 true that. Give him a summer with the best Sg's in the world and we'll see him come back a much better player. Right now he's still finding himself, wait till he puts it all together.

Comment

Well actually what you said was that DeMar has more upside than any wing in this draft. Beal will come into the league and on day one will be a better shooter, passer, rebounder defender, have better basketball IQ. Barnes and PJ3 will be better than DeMar in several areas as well. Don't get me wrong I really like DeMar, but he's an athelete more so than anything else.

You are right that Lamb or Beal likely will not put up 15 - 17 points in their rookie year, but we are looking for a starting SG that can give us 20 plus pts a game. Well I am anyways. This team needs a guy that can take over a game. Even the best "team" concept teams have a guy they can go to for buckets and DeMar does not have that quality. I'm not going to put it past him, but after 3 years he's likely not going to improve in any part of his game by leaps and bounds.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Chard Ford just released his top 100 prospect rankings. Here is his top 20:

1. Davis
                                2. MKG
                                3. Beal
                                4. Robinson
                                5. Drummond
                                6. Barnes
                                7. P. Jones
                                8. T. Jones
                                9. Sullinger
                                10. Zeller
                                11. Lamb
                                12. Lillard
                                13. Henson
                                14. Rivers
                                15. Waiters
                                16. Moultrie
                                17. Marshall
                                18. Ross
                                19. Leonard
                                20. Miller

Nothing terribly surprising.
                                IMO a surprising part will come on draft night.
                                I think most people would be content with any of the first 6 guys. After that it becomes "debatable". I believe that even if we stay at No 8 -at least one of top 6 guys will "slip". Why?
                                If you look at draft over the years -there is almost always a team in top 5 that drafts "unexpectedly" ie a player from 10 & up. Last Year Cavs take Thompson at 4 (expected to be late lottery); P Pearce -projected top 5 goes 10th, some idiot takes a Brazilian centar at 8...
                                So, lets be positive (besides we can always move up).

Comment

Working...
                                X