No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow me to be captain obvious here by saying "They must have a few or at least one deal ready"

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Like I said I really think the top3 BC was talking about was Barnes, Waiters and Lillard. Rivers being the runner up if all of them are off the board. Let's hope at least one of them are still there.
      Essentially one of those guys will be there as long as Drummond is one of the top 7 picks.

Fingers crossed on Houston and Sacramento working out a deal as the Rockets reportedly want Drummond or hopefully Sacramento takes him instead.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Another trade!

Houston sends Dalembert/14 to Milwaukee for Livingston/Brockman/Luer/12. Luer and Livingston not guaranteed.

Houston now with 12/16/18.
        So Houston freed up $6M cap space and moved up 2 spots in the draft. I wonder what else they have up their sleeve?
        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jun 27, 2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Houston must really want Drummond since they traded Dalembert.

Comment

• footarez wrote: View Post
            Houston must really want Drummond since they traded Dalembert.
            I don't think they wanted him anyways. They have been reportedly shopping him for weeks.

Comment

I don't think they wanted him anyways. They have been reportedly shopping him for weeks.
              Yeah I heard that. Weird, he's a pretty decent center. I get the impression that Houston is just never satisfied with their center. They're allllways trying to trade for one -- not every team is going to have an all-star center though. I think Miami showed you clearly don't need one to win.

Comment

I'm actually surprised that's all they got with Dalembert, considering he's a decent C and can be bought out for just $1.5M. At the very least I figured they could move from 18 or 16 to 12, instead of just from 14 to 12.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  Morey must play a ton of NBA2K I wonder what his gamertag is
                  I think I saw Morey on an episode last week

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    I'm actually surprised that's all they got with Dalembert, considering he's a decent C and can be bought out for just $1.5M. At the very least I figured they could move from 18 or 16 to 12, instead of just from 14 to 12.
                    hah -- personal jinx?

Comment

• Rockets got a nice prospect in Luer too
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I always wondered why. I know he is a bit of a head case but still...
                        There are too many trade options and draft prospects - I wouldn't want to be Colangelo right now
                        *for Dalembert*

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          They must have a center lined up in some trade. For a team that covets centers, giving up their (starter?) for 2 spots in the teens is a bit odd on its own.

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                            They must have a center lined up in some trade. For a team that covets centers, giving up their (starter?) for 2 spots in the teens is a bit odd on its own.
                            I think they are after Drummond - may they see him as their future center. I can not quite make up my mind whether he would be something special or Alabi

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                              My personal opinion here but I think there is another GM pulling the strings telling Morey what he needs to do to get what he wants - which is reportedly Howard and if not Josh Smith.

Another rumour was New Orleans has no interest in Kaman, so maybe if the Rox strike out on Howard, they go after him in free agency. Camby reportedly wants to come back (he built his retirement home in Houston), so there is your backup.

Comment

• No doubt that Thomas is a bit of a headcase but until this past season, he was putting up some pretty good player efficiency ratings (over 18 PER in 2010-2011) and had been improving every year. There is no doubt that he could play back-up PF and make Ed Davis (whose contract is an asset) expendable for other help. And if this means Beal or MKG....I think we jump on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X