• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Read from bottom up.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Make it start in 2013 at least!
    As I've said, I agree with raising the age limit in principle, I just don't like how it would affect the Raptors this year. The idea that raising the age limit will preserve jobs for veterans is ludicrous, though. The same amount of players are going to be entering the league. It's just most of them will be more physically and mentally ready to compete.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I wonder if I wrote CBS Sports would they be willing to tell me which upside meter they use out in the field?

Comment

• Hypothetical situation....

.... new CBA brings in 'two and through' rule versus 'one and done' meaning no freshmen in draft.

.... Raptors are drafting in position 'x' and Harrison Barnes is not on the board.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Comment

• Pick the next best person on my draft board or trade down if I feel I can get him later.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            .... new CBA brings in 'two and through' rule versus 'one and done' meaning no freshmen in draft.

.... Raptors are drafting in position 'x' and Harrison Barnes is not on the board.

WHAT DO YOU DO?
            Trade up to get him. I don't see another guy with his talent level in this draft. I like some of the other players, but the Raptors have to hit a home run in this draft. At this point, Barnes is the closest thing. Hopefully things will changes.

That really sucks.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• What's a realistic position for the Raptors to finish the season with? Clearly you would expect them to be in the lottery for the 2013 draft. I wouldn't expect them to improve significantly this season from last.

Puffer

Comment

• The Raps should be in the bottom 5 easilly, but reastically looking at the list of two-and-through players, it's Harrison Barnes or nothing. Perry Jones might surprise us all and have a dominant year, but I'm pretty skeptical. Noone else on the list is going to really help the Raps much in my opinion. I like Sullinger, just not in the NBA.

If they don't land the first pick then personally I'd like to see them trade way down or out of the draft altogether to grab another pick in next year's draft instead. I doubt they've got the roster to make a move up in the draft unless they're already in the top-3 and the team with the first pick needs a PF more than a SF.

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                  The Raps should be in the bottom 5 easilly, but reastically looking at the list of two-and-through players, it's Harrison Barnes or nothing. Perry Jones might surprise us all and have a dominant year, but I'm pretty skeptical. Noone else on the list is going to really help the Raps much in my opinion. I like Sullinger, just not in the NBA.

If they don't land the first pick then personally I'd like to see them trade way down or out of the draft altogether to grab another pick in next year's draft instead. I doubt they've got the roster to make a move up in the draft unless they're already in the top-3 and the team with the first pick needs a PF more than a SF.
                  http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7gvkdwp

If the draft rules changes, this is what I would like to see.

The Raptors then trade down to get a solid veteran and a lower draft pick to take Jeremy Lamb or Terrence Ross as first wing off the bench (actually looking at NBADraft they have Lamb at #2 ahead of Anthony Davis and Harrison Barnes). They also extend the qualifying offer to Bayless for the 2012-13 season and can look at free agency to possibly make a big splash at PG.

Raptors 2012-13:

PG: FA/Bayless, Ridnour
                  SG: DD, Lamb/Ross
                  SF: Gay, Kleiza, JJ
                  PF: Davis, Amir
                  C: JV, Alabi, veteran

As for Memphis trading Gay, I hope they struggle early and he and Randolph fail to coexist. Remember, MEM success came from sending the ball inside to Randolph as first option. I think they have a cast of veterans that would be able to handle a personality like Beasley (Tony Allen is the enforcer, Battier is the wisdom, Randolph is the living experience of career resurrection). Beasley replaces scoring with top defender alongside him in Allen. Bargnani is the much needed scoring punch off the bench with 3 players who excel in his 'deficiencies'. Memphis also has 3 guys for the future on the bench with very good talent once Allen and Battier start to slide in Selby, Henry, and Johnson. Minimum salaries for a big body or two to round out the roster and they can resign Battier and Gasol without going in to luxury tax and possibly being a better team.

Memphis 2011-12:

PG: Conley, Vasquez, Selby
                  SG: Allen, Young, Henry
                  SF: Beasley, Battier, Johnson
                  PF: Randolph, Arthur
                  C: Gasol, Bargnani

Comment

• What has been said about the Tentative Agreement?

Was anything mentioned about the Age Limit?

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      What has been said about the Tentative Agreement?

Was anything mentioned about the Age Limit?
                      Keep in mind this is just rumour. I'd say we'll know by tomorrow or Monday.

DraftExpress Jonathan Givony
                      That's on the docket for today. Stern will push for 20. I think players will relent. RT @luvtheraps: What are you hearing about age limit?

Comment

• Interesting.
                        Well at this point, I don't want anything to screw up the deal.
                        So if the players have to give in on this, I'd be fine. haha

(New Reply box layout?? There's an AutoSave and a Resizer?! Movin' on up RR!!)

Comment

• Zach Lowe of Sports Illustrated just tweeted this with regards to the proposed age limit change:

"And as an aside, I'd not expect any immediate changes on age limit. But that is hunch based on some convos, not set in stone yet."

I sincerely hope that he is correct on this front, but others are saying the opposite as well. Just trying to be hopeful...
                          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                            Zach Lowe of Sports Illustrated just tweeted this with regards to the proposed age limit change:

"And as an aside, I'd not expect any immediate changes on age limit. But that is hunch based on some convos, not set in stone yet."

I sincerely hope that he is correct on this front, but others are saying the opposite as well. Just trying to be hopeful...
                            I'm all for the age limit being 20..... starting in 2013.

Comment

• keep the age limit as it is

Comment

• Seems like the sort of thing that might be brought in in a couple of years, so everyone knows it's coming. Changing it in the first year of the contract could be kind of disruptive, to teams in both the NBA and college, given that they both probably plan out to 2 or 3 years.

Puffer

Comment

Working...
                                X