No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boy Sullinger had a big game last night against Duke - 21 points on 8-14 shooting, 5-7 FT's, 8 boards, 1 steal in a massive win over Duke.

Comment

• Kabongo also had a good game last night:

16 points on 3/4 FG, 2/2 3pt, 8/10FT, 7 ast, 4 reb, 1 stl, 2 to

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
        The shooting line is impressive, but damn, they were playing Prairie View...Let's see how he co-exists with Miller on Saturday.
        Was not aware of the competition. Slightly less impressive indeed. haha

And how the two of them play together will certainly garner a few headlines throughout the season I'm sure.
        Its in both their interests to play nice and make the other one better.

Comment

• People can't stay in front of Kobongo at all. He draws a lot of fouls. Reminds me of Chris Paul in college a lot.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Kabongo is a bo$$

Comment

• Age limit will reamin at 19, most likely

ESPN's Ric Bucher is reporting that the draft age limit will most likely remain for 2012 and possibly 2013. They may change it in 2014 however:

Source:

While it has been widely held that the NBA would like to push the age limit to 20, sources familiar with the dialogue between the two sides now say it is expected to remain at 19 for at least the first two years of the new deal and possibly beyond that.Several alternatives have been discussed, sources said. One option would be to allow players to enter the draft directly out of high school but have the option to withdraw and go to college, similar to the draft rule used by Major League Baseball. Under this concept, a player would next be required to attend at least two years of college before entering the draft again.

Another option would be to revise the rookie salary scale by adding incentives to stay in college longer, a source familiar with the labor talks said. Potential incentives would include increasing the salary range for each year a player stays in school or allow him to qualify for free agency sooner.

There are several ancillary reasons why keeping the age limit at 19 for the time being is desirable. The first is the limited time the owners and players have to complete a collective bargaining agreement by Dec. 9 -- the date commissioner David Stern has targeted for the start of training camp and free agency. All significant rules pertaining to league operations have to be in place by then.

"I'm not sure there's going to be a lot of time to thrash out B-list issues," said one source.

While time is clearly a factor, the possibility of re-stocking the league with young talent is also appealing.

This is great news, especially for the Raptors. I had this sinking feeling that the league would screw the Raptors again in the draft.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Kabongo also had a good game last night:

16 points on 3/4 FG, 2/2 3pt, 8/10FT, 7 ast, 4 reb, 1 stl, 2 to
                I feel that Kabongo could be a top ten pick by the time it's all said and done. He's high on my wish list.

Comment

• http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/draft/r...00/_/year/2012

Chad Ford's Top 20 (free) of Top 100 (Insider 21-100).

Comment

• Kentucky play North Carolina tonight. That's like 6 lotto picks in one game including a couple guys who's stock could go up to lottery pick by the end of the year. You better believe i'll be watching.

Barnes has really impressed me this year scoring wise. He's been a lot more aggressive and seems to have a pretty impressive offensive repertoire already, which is huge for college players.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      Kentucky play North Carolina tonight. That's like 6 lotto picks in one game including a couple guys who's stock could go up to lottery pick by the end of the year. You better believe i'll be watching.

Barnes has really impressed me this year scoring wise. He's been a lot more aggressive and seems to have a pretty impressive offensive repertoire already, which is huge for college players.

They play Saturday at noon EST on CBS..... Can't wait!

Comment

• yes saturday mrrr
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Anyone see Anthony Davis' stat line last night?

6/10fg, 3/6ft
                          15 points
                          15 rebounds (7 offensive)
                          8 blocks
                          2 steals
                          1 turnover
                          3 fouls

32 minutes

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Anyone see Anthony Davis' stat line last night?

6/10fg, 3/6ft
                            15 points
                            15 rebounds (7 offensive)
                            8 blocks
                            2 steals
                            1 turnover
                            3 fouls

32 minutes
                            Sweet fancy moses!!! I don't care who the opposition was, a near triple double with blocks is always impressive

Comment

• chadfordinsider Chad Ford
                              Blake Griffin, Derrick Rose good RT @2_For_The_Win: How does Anthony Davis stack up against the No 1 picks of the last ten years? #AskChad

Wow, that is being held in high esteem and good company.

Comment

• Anyone watch the game? It was fantastic. Davis blocked the potentially game winning shot and my boy Kidd-Gilchrist went HAM
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X